PDA

View Full Version : Evolving and family intervention

Jennifer Devine
09-22-2015, 09:43 AM
The past couple of months since my mum told a close family friend of ours about Jennifer have been absolutely incredible!
Mum thought she would be against it but it is very much the opposite!

She is totally supportive of my need to be a woman and lets me dress whenever i want at her house which is about 2-3 times a week and have really opened up to her about things i can't even talk to my own family about and she's noticed how much happier i am as a woman compared to being a man.
She also helped me pick out some make-up the other week 😊

Her house is perfect! A long hall way and a garden that no-one else can see into and plenty of light!

I really feel like a lot of pent up feelings i have had to suppress most of my life have come to the surface and it has affirmed for me that i need to think about my future and the possibility of me transitioning to become a woman.

My mum doesnt like the amount of time i get to dress up now and rings me up sometimes to check on me but i told her straight that as i don't dress under her roof now, she can't dictate to me when i can and can't be a woman.
She didnt like what i said but the way i see it, i have always done what makes everyone else happy but not neccesarily what makes me happy so thats got to change!
My sister is coming to stay in a couple of weeks so i am expecting the big lecture from her as well but i am not backing down like i did once before and i will tell her how i really feel!
Wish me luck! xx

Jen xxx

JeanetteX
09-22-2015, 09:53 AM
Good luck with everything Jennifer. Looks like you made up your mind and going for it. Btw is that an Ipswich Town shirt I see in the 1st pic?

Pat
09-22-2015, 10:00 AM
Congratulations on the supportive friend and good luck with the family. In the end, the world is better off when you do the things that make you happy as opposed to doing things you presume will make the rest of the world happy (it generally doesn't anyway. The world is a tough audience.) Keep in mind that your family probably isn't trying to oppress you, they just want to protect you from what they presume is a bad outcome. If you show them that the outcome for you is positive, they'll probably come around.

Melissa in SE Tn
09-22-2015, 10:27 AM
You are so so happy! Keep Jennifer evolving! Peace, mel

Leslie Langford
09-22-2015, 10:29 AM
Good luck, Jennifer - and continue to do what you need to do. You can't please everybody, and sometimes you just have to draw a line in the sand and decide whose needs trump whose.

Realize, though, that this may well drive a wedge between your mum and the close family friend, given that they are at odds with your need to express your feminine side. Ultimately, the friendship will likely come to an end over this, and it will ALL BE YOUR FAULT! as far as your mum is concerned. Be prepared for the fallout, and have your ducks in a row to deal with the aftermath.

Jennifer Devine
09-22-2015, 10:32 AM
Btw is that an Ipswich Town shirt I see in the 1st pic?
Yes I am a massive Ipswich Town fan ☺

@Leslie: No that friendship will be fine no worries there.
Like Jennie said, my family are just concerned for me and I realize that but I am 29 and old enough to make my own decisions and ultimately need to do what's right for me and it won't be our friend's fault. She is the very definition of a true friend and helps us all in different ways and we do the same for her xx

Tracii G
09-22-2015, 10:42 AM
I'm so happy for you Jennifer.

JeanetteX
09-22-2015, 10:59 AM
Yes I am a massive Ipswich Town fan ☺

Thought so. I'm a massive Southampton supporter but have always had a soft spot for The Tractor Boys as well. Good luck to both you and your team

reb.femme
09-22-2015, 02:35 PM
Hi Jennifer,

Support comes from some unexpected quarters, but for you, never from Norwich :devil:.

Sounds like you have a plan and getting onto the road that many would like to follow too, I dare say. Hope it all turns out well for you. I've seen you spreading your wings on another site I use in the UK too. I'm with MI5 you know, WE'RE WATCHING YOU, but don't let on. I'm trying to keep my identity a secret :heehee:.

Rebecca 'Eagles'

Victoria Demeanor
09-22-2015, 07:52 PM
Jennifer, Big, big smile and it lights my heart to hear you have a friend to stand beside you and allow you to be yourself. Family is family Stand up for yourself and they will come around. I do hope that everything keeps looking up for you.

:bighug2:
Always in your corner
Victoria D ;)