PDA

View Full Version : Family Resemblance

katie_barns
09-23-2015, 12:25 PM
I sure this may have been done before but what the heck..

I have always been told that I look like my father. To the point it has been said that he is just an older version of me.
Now when I am dressed I never give it much thought. But the older I get the more I see my mother in the mirror. Since she passed
years ago it always brings a smile to my face to see her looking back at me.
I have her lips and her chin.

So to the point which family member do you resemble? Mother, Father, Sister, Brother, the dog.
Also does it change when in en femme ?

Ceera
09-23-2015, 12:47 PM
As a male, I most resemble my grandfather on my mom's side. But when I become Ceera, I look a lot more like my sister. :)

kathrynt21
09-23-2015, 01:20 PM
I remember early on I bought a short wig. Sort of a bob. I looked in the mirror, saw my sister! Never wore it again! LOL

carhill2mn
09-23-2015, 01:46 PM
I have often been told that I resemble my mother in looks and actions. However, my personality is more like my father's.

Kate Simmons
09-23-2015, 02:26 PM
I look like my Mom who's pic is on my profile page. :)

Amy Lynn3
09-23-2015, 02:31 PM
I look more like my oldest sister when dressed. :straightface:

Joan_CD
09-23-2015, 02:47 PM
I see my mother when I look in the mirror.

Jaylyn
09-23-2015, 02:48 PM
I'd say I still look like my father more and you would never find any lipstick on him. My wife says his stamp is even on me a Jaylyn. I think my dressing though did come from my moms side.... Lol maybe some really mixed up genes.

kelseygal
09-23-2015, 02:51 PM
I have always been told I look like mom, and there is no denying it is true. I haven't really picked up a wig yet or makeup, but did one of those apps where you can apply makeup and hairstyles... it is almost creepy how much the after pic looked like my mom! Guess that's a good thing?? Lol.

heatherdress
09-23-2015, 03:39 PM
I resemble my father in male mode - short hair, male clothes, male shoes, athletic build

I resemble my mother in female mode - long hair (wig), make up, female clothes, female shoes

BLUE ORCHID
09-23-2015, 05:00 PM
Hi Katie, No DNA test needed, I'm my father:daydreaming:,
But while dressed depending on
which wig I'm wearing some times I see my mother or my sister in the mirror.:hugs:

Julie Denier
09-23-2015, 05:01 PM
^What Heather said goes for me, too -- it's kinda scary.

kimdl93
09-23-2015, 05:25 PM
Depends on who is looking. My wife thinks I resemble my mom. My eldest sister says that as a young man I looked just like my paternal grandfather at the same age. I see attributes from both sides of my family.

Kim_Bitzflick
09-23-2015, 05:42 PM
I look like one sister when I'm in boy mode and my other sister when in girl mode.

GenieGirl
09-23-2015, 06:20 PM
I look like none of my family but me and my older sister have identical noses. That's about it. Also I'm the tallest in my immediate family and one of the tallest in both sides of my family. My moms side does have a lot of tall women some of them my height and short men mostly. My dad's side has a lot of short men and women. Average male is probably about 5'7", average woman about 5'3". I'm 5'10"...My mom is actually taller than my dad too.

Brooke B
09-23-2015, 06:28 PM
I dressed one time with a different color wig and it resembled my sister a lot. Took me off guard at the moment. I still have a picture from that time and I look at it once in a while. I only have one sister and sometimes wonder what my mother would say if she seen it.

Eryn
09-23-2015, 06:30 PM
Thankfully, I resemble my mother more than my Dad. My father was considerably broader in the shoulders than I am.

flatlander_48
09-23-2015, 08:27 PM
As Don, I'm more of a mixture of both my parents. As DeeAnn, I am more like my late mother; sort of a wider version of her facial features.

DeeAnn

Adriana Moretti
09-23-2015, 09:19 PM
I had a cd gal pal hang over the house one night for a gal pal sleepover, she took one look at the family photos and was like OMG you and your sister are twins !!! You just have the hair flip on opposite sides LOL

AprilMayy<3
09-23-2015, 09:52 PM
My older sister and I have similar looks even when I'm not dressed, I mean, except when I have my facial hair haha. While I'm dressed and wear similar makeup, we could easily pass for twins in my opinion.

Robin414
09-23-2015, 10:00 PM
As a male I don't think anyone but lately I seriously just though not long ago OMG, I'm beginning to look like my mother, seriously! Not so bad, she was incredible in her day...but I'm still a guy, sort of...

ashleyjane15
09-23-2015, 10:09 PM
Everyone tells me I look like my mother and when I dress, it's more so. I think my mom looks great for her age so I take the comparison as a compliment.

Dana44
09-23-2015, 10:20 PM
I took after my moms side of the family. My dad was big boned and broad shoulders. I'm thin and like my late mom. But i do look a bit different than her when dressed. But I do see her resemblance.

OCCarly
09-23-2015, 10:20 PM
I do not look like my father at all. There is very little resemblance between me and my brother and sister, both of whom look like my father. On the other hand, my face is almost a carbon copy of my mother's face, except very slightly more masculine.

DanaR
09-24-2015, 12:24 AM
I look like my mom.

prene
09-24-2015, 01:04 AM
When I was young and had long hair, little facial hair.
I looked just like my mom I just wish I had her figure now. LOL

JeanetteX
09-24-2015, 01:24 AM
My mom sadly died 4 years ago, and I am so proud that everybody says that I look so much like her

Jennie2
09-24-2015, 03:36 AM
I always resembled my late mothers side of the family but with a wig on now I just seen sister, which is a shame as my mother was elegant and stylish, I've got a lot of work to do.

sometimes_miss
09-24-2015, 03:42 AM
My dad. People who knew him when he was younger, even though they had never met me, knew who I was. I had gone to a funeral of his AA sponsor almost 20 years after my dad had died; there were lots of people there who had known my him. It was kind of nice to meet the people who helped, and who he helped, to kick the demon booze out of their lives. And to answer any questions, yes, some were there at my dad's funeral, but I was so exhausted taking care of all the details that I didn't get to really talk to anyone that time around.

Candice June Lee
09-24-2015, 05:09 AM
I look like my father when in male mode, to much so.
When I got dressed up aa few weeks ago, I saw my mother in the mirror.

PaulaJeanette
09-24-2015, 02:18 PM
Several years ago, I had my one and only makeover at Glamour Boutique in Las Vegas. I did not share any guidance with Amy, the owner/make-up artist, and just let her do her thing. Since I had no make-up nor a wig and eyelashes or outer garments of my own (Paula only dresses in and brought her own lingerie, breast forms, and heels), she selected a the wig and eyelashes, then let me dress in a skirt and blouse from the consignment section. I watched excitedly as my transformation began and progressed until my female image revealed itself. To my surprise (and with some disappointment), the woman in the mirror resembled Paula's older sister. Not the showgirl I so wished to be :brolleyes:

So, for my next makeover (whenever that may be), I will definitely share with the artist the kind of person and woman I want to be. :love:

Sarah L
09-24-2015, 03:01 PM
I look like one sister when I'm in boy mode and my other sister when in girl mode.

Me, too! In fact, about a week ago, I was mistaken for one of my sisters. I was in guy mode at the time.

Lexi_83
09-24-2015, 03:58 PM
Look like my younger sister, I'm taller but weigh less, though...

lingerieLiz
11-01-2015, 11:40 PM
I resemble my mother. The first time my aunt saw me dressed as I walked by her she told me not only did I look like my mother but I walked like her, flats and heels. A few years ago my daughter told me I looked like my mother so much she thought it was a picture of her. My sisters have always teased me that I look like my mother and should have been a girl. They know I CD.

Edie Palmer
11-02-2015, 12:50 AM
Some people feel like they look like "a man in a dress," but when I look in a mirror or see a picture of myself, it is my father in a dress. Makeup heightens my resemblance to him big time, unfortunately.