PDA

View Full Version : Great Night Out

sarah-cd
09-23-2015, 03:13 PM
I wanted to share a great experience from over the weekend. I was in Las Vegas for a trade show and extended for a couple of days, which allowed me to get a makeover and go out with some great ladies. We shared a meal at a local restaurant then moved on to a bar that was hosting karaoke, which was fun to watch. Several ladies called it a night while we were there so two of us decided to go out dancing. It has been years since I've gone out dancing and while I'm terrible at it, especially in heels, we had an amazing time. I did not want the night to end but we were both pretty exhausted by 2am and decided to head out. To top it off, when I got back to my hotel I had to show my room key to security, which I had readily available and he said, "Thank you Ma'am." As you can imagine I was absolutely thrilled to hear that.

I must say that it was a phenomenal night and I wish that I could do it more often especially with my dancing partner. I've been dressing on and off for my entire adult life but only had the courage to go out in recent years and only outside of my local area. It's amazing how much easier it is to go out when it's with other girls especially after an amazing makeover.

Sarah

joank
09-23-2015, 03:28 PM
What goes on in Vegas stays in Vegas. Sounded Great.

Amy Fakley
09-23-2015, 03:32 PM
You look amazkng, I can see why you got ma'amed! :-)

Meghan4now
09-23-2015, 03:34 PM
Sarah,

Yeah for you! You look great, and it sounds like a wonderful evening. Who did the makeover? Were your partners in crime ones you already knew, or new friends?

pamela7
09-23-2015, 03:36 PM
congratulation, you look fabulous!

heatherdress
09-23-2015, 03:42 PM
Congratulations Sarah. I am happy for you!

Heidi Stevens
09-23-2015, 04:23 PM
What a wonderful time, Sarah. Glad you got to have a GNO

Julie Denier
09-23-2015, 04:57 PM
Sounds like a terrific time -- you look wonderful! ;)

kimdl93
09-23-2015, 05:27 PM
Sounds like fun. I risk injury to myself or other people when I attempt to dance.

Rachael Leigh
09-23-2015, 05:55 PM
Sarah sounds like a great time I'm going to be in Vegas myself in about a month and plan an outting or two myself.
Nice outfit too

BLUE ORCHID
09-23-2015, 07:27 PM
Hi Sarah, You look absolutely gorgeous, How could you go to Vegas and not have fun.:hugs:

alwayshave
09-23-2015, 08:33 PM
Sarah, you look absolutely lovely, I would have Ma'ammed you as well.

Madilyn A.
09-23-2015, 08:41 PM
you look amazing, no wonder your evening was so wonderful.

paulaprimo
09-23-2015, 09:44 PM
from the smile on you're face i can tell you had a great time!
you do look wonderful!! :)

Rhonda Darling
09-23-2015, 11:16 PM
Sarah:

You're beautiful. I'm surprised the security guy didn't offer to accompany you to your room. Sounds like a really great night in Vegas. I think a huge THANK YOU goes out to the Vegas girls who took you out and put you on the path to great fun.

TrishaTX
09-23-2015, 11:40 PM
so Jelly you look like you had fun!

sarah-cd
09-24-2015, 02:21 PM
Thank you for all the great compliments. Amy at Just You did the makeover and she was awesome as always. The girls that I went out with I met through her and made great new friends. I really hope to do it again soon but although I was in Vegas three times this year it's looking like I might be lucky to make it there for one visit.

Karen RHT
09-24-2015, 04:21 PM
Congrats Sarah, sounds like you had an exciting time, got a great look, and made some new friends. Doesn't get much better than that.

Karen

Ally 2112
09-30-2015, 03:57 PM
You look great and glad you had such a great time :)

AngieStone
09-30-2015, 04:57 PM
Sarah you look beautiful. Amy at Just for you is wonderful and Vegas is a great place to have a GNO.

Candice June Lee
09-30-2015, 05:51 PM
Thats just great .

Maria 60
09-30-2015, 06:10 PM
You look fantastic. Sounds so amazing I could feel your energy and excitement reading your thread. What an amazing night, I could only dream but never say never. Must of taken a lot of courage but sounds like it was worth it. Thanks for sharing I'm always happy to read a positive story, and again you look amazing.

sarah-cd
10-01-2015, 10:15 AM
Thank you, girls! Maria, the courage part has been more of a process. I've only been out dressed a handful of times (most in Vegas) but this was by far the longest and most varied outing. For me, a quality appearance is one part but going out with others is a huge confidence builder as well - strength in numbers and all. Looking the security guard in the eye and taking the elevators with minimal care about who else was getting on was a huge milestone for me. The first couple of times I actually took the stairs to avoid being in an elevator with other people. Now, there is an increased level of acceptance and I'm getting to that point in my life where I'm feeling much more secure with who I am. So, for others who are apprehensive I can say that I wish I had started going out and meeting others like me much sooner.