PDA

View Full Version : Darn My shoes hurt!

JoannaDees
10-14-2004, 03:27 AM
Any other large footed girls with shoes that look SOOOOOOOOOO pretty but are SOOOOOOOOOOOOO tight and look SOOOOOOOOOOO pretty!

La la la la lahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh lahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Love,
Joanna

babe4life
10-14-2004, 07:57 AM
Oh yes! ALL OF THEM :D

I love my boots, but they are a UK8. I can get into them being a UK9, but wearing them for a short while all feeling starts leaving the feet. I am almost sure that is a bad sign ;)

Love,
Vicky

jessicadiane
10-14-2004, 09:02 AM
I can understand where you are coming from.I have a pair of red heels that said they were a size 10 which is what I wear and I tried them and they are so tight but I love them so I torture myself and wear them occasionally

Shinya
10-14-2004, 12:17 PM
size chart , it is about as right as it gets, look for your mens shoe size then go to womens shoe size (http://www.pierresilber.com/sizechart1.html)

babe4life
10-14-2004, 01:11 PM
In South Africa, like the UK, the men's and women's shoes are supposed to be the same size. But styles vary the size dramatically. And it still does not help buying a size too small :)

Julie
10-14-2004, 01:22 PM
Here in the UK for someone like me who takes a size 10 mens shoe I need to look at a size 11 at least in womens fashion shoes. For something like mules the size is about the same.

Julietta (Julie J)

babe4life
10-14-2004, 02:43 PM
Really Julie? I am surprised! Our shoes are almost always the same. I just find that in some shoes, even guy shoes, that sizes are a little off. I have taken up to a 10.5 already (that was a shock). But that is very seldom. I am almost always a UK9 or, rarely, a UK9.5.

See? I learn something new everyday thanks to this forum!

Love,
Vicky

IAMDONNA
10-14-2004, 03:57 PM
In the US the shoe sizes Vary by 1/2 to a whole size more for women's shoes. I have to get a size larger most of the time and usually a medium or wide vs the narrow size most of the women I know wear. ;)

Bonnie
10-14-2004, 03:59 PM
Just received a pair of black pumps, most of my shoes are lower but I was looking for a sexier look and bought a 5inch heel!!. O my god, I drove in them for about 20 mins and had to take them off. My leg muceles were so sore. I guess like Cybil Shepard once said "Save the higher heels for bed". For sure I will go back to my lower heels for at least driving. Bonnie

Felicity
10-14-2004, 06:02 PM
A few weeks ago, I bought some boots a size smaller than I normally would have. When I bought them, I was shopping and wearing support hose. Not the type you buy in department stores, but the ones you buy in a Pharmacy section that give a compression number.

Anyway, the boots fit well, but I was already trying things on and been in these hose for maybe 3 hours. Everytime I tried the boots on since, they are too tight! To wear them, I have to wear compression hose, and allow about an hour before they are comfortable.

Maybe, if you wear hose too, try the compression type. They might squeeze enough water weight out of you feet for a better fit.

One thing though, never try on shoes wearing these type hose unless you want to buy a size too small... :eek:

GraceUSA
10-14-2004, 06:30 PM
Please don't forget that men usually have a wider foot than women and shoes are made accordandly. Also the arch tends to be a little different between men and women of the same size foot. I've been extremely blessed to have womens feet in both width and arch, the only problem is finding stylish shoes in US women's 11.

Grace

Felicity
10-15-2004, 03:14 PM
Yes, that is why I had the difference. The tightness was around my arch rather than the length. My toes still had room.