PDA

View Full Version : manerisms and 'passing'

Robin414
09-25-2015, 09:20 AM
I'll start by saying I'm a huge fan of Jamie Lee Curtis, love her!!

If Jamie Lee wasn't famous (didnt know she's a GG) and had 'masculine' manerisms, would you think she was CD/TG if you saw her, say, at the mall or walking down the street?

Leslie Langford
09-25-2015, 09:26 AM
Yes, she does have a certain "masculine " aura about her. There are persistent rumors that she is actually inter-sex.

Katey888
09-25-2015, 11:51 AM
I think I'd agree, Robin. :)

If I look around my locale very hastily, (that's a small, provincial town in relatively rural settings for southern England) that's probably not dissimilar to perhaps 5% of women, particularly during daytime when the more 'smartly' dressed working girls are hard at work. It changes markedly depending on time of day, location, etc.

Do you think GGs could be encouraged to suffer 'passing' envy (as in passing for CD/TG) in the same way as we do...? :thinking:

If they could be encouraged to walk like a cross between John Wayne and a gorilla, probably more could 'pass' if they wanted... ;)

(This is defo a thread to be taken tongue in cheek, I think...)

Katey x

katie_barns
09-25-2015, 12:30 PM
I always thought Jodie Foster came off a little masculine. There were plenty of rumors about masculine acting woman years ago. Now days I don't think that anyone pays much attention to it or really cares. I wouldn't give it much thought. Just like feminine acting men, assumptions are, made but really it doesn't get much attention.

I do believe because there are woman like that, it makes our lives a little easier. You don't have to be ultra feminine acting to pass.

I mean, if Neal Patrict Harris can pull off a total ladies man in [How I meet your mother] then surly I can pull off a normal acting woman. :)

Kate Simmons
09-25-2015, 01:12 PM
I've heard folks say that about her Robin but then there's a little bit of masculine in all of us, don't you think? ;):)