PDA

View Full Version : Why the heck is this such a big deal!!?

Robin414
09-25-2015, 01:20 PM
Why is being* CD/TG such a big deal to a lot of 'mugles'!? I smell nice, dress well, I'm friendly and respectful and I think a nice person (like all of us here). The fact I'm CD/TG is MY issue to deal with not yours!

OK, I do like to fart when I'm leaving elevators, smiling and saying 'Hey, I'm just a typical CD//TG, suck it up fools, hahaha!' and I sometimes like to run around my neighborhood in the nude with a《censored offensive device》yelling 'I'm just a typical CD/TG, suck it up fools, hahaha! '

Pat
09-25-2015, 02:15 PM
Are you SURE society has a problem with TG's and it's not just you? ;)

OK, there's a general issue, I agree. But it's simple fear and ignorance that causes it. Fear that there's something dark lurking behind the cute outfit. And ignorance because even at the best of times we're a rarity to meet. If there was more education about transgender people, muggles would know that we're Mostly Harmless and not give us a second thought. So the key is get out there and educate them. ;)

pamela7
09-25-2015, 02:28 PM
it's DEEP, it goes back at least five thousand years if my analysis is correct, and it's all about separation. A river's main stream is laminar and dislikes eddys which come from the boundaries/edges, because it makes the flow uncomfortable. The sense of certainly, left-right, right-wrong, male-female is unbalanced by us. so, they throw a wobbly.

Alice Torn
09-25-2015, 02:40 PM
Pamela is right. It is just an oddity, and breaks the norm.

reb.femme
09-25-2015, 02:51 PM
...So the key is get out there and educate them. ;)

What's the rate of pay for said educators? If it's better than IT, count me in :heehee:.

It is as previously said, that we are a rarity and generally, non-believers are ignorant of our reality. Even the concept of reality varies from person to person. As Jennie says, education is the key. I always offer a view when these subjects come up and hope that my interjections give a seed for thought.

Rebecca

MelanieAnne
09-25-2015, 08:16 PM
OK, I do like to fart when I'm leaving elevators, smiling and saying 'Hey, I'm just a typical CD//TG, suck it up fools, hahaha!' and I sometimes like to run around my neighborhood in the nude with a《censored offensive device》yelling 'I'm just a typical CD/TG, suck it up fools, hahaha! '

I think you have just answered your own question.

Robin414
09-25-2015, 09:53 PM
I think you have just answered your own question.

That part was intended to humorously emphasize the fact CD\TG people are not sociopaths ☺ Funny how a Hells Angel's biker gets more respect than WE do?

Jazzy Jaz
09-25-2015, 10:43 PM
If you go back far enough and look at indigenous cultures (around the world) many if not most were very accepting of LGBT people and often had them living openly. When organized religions emerged and over time spread around the world, that is when much of this changed. Im not picking on any one religion and i am totally ok with and respect people following thier different faiths, im just speaking of how things were prior to those religions being dominant. Even in Europe many indigenous cultures were initially accepting. Here in North and South America its only in the last 500 or so years that LGBT people have lost acceptance.

suzanne
09-25-2015, 10:54 PM
Spot on, Jennie! The only place we differ is that I don't think we need to educate anyone, just get out there. The muggles who see you acting like a normal human being will learn one by one that nothing bad happens when a man wears a dress. The more of us doing it, the better.

Cheryl_Layton
09-26-2015, 10:34 AM
I have far more respect for other people's viewpoints if they can give me an explanation for their objection in a reasoned well-informed argument. Simply saying 'I don't like what you do or what you believe in because..., er..., because I don't like it' or 'because my religion forbids it' gains no traction with me .
In my experience I have found that people who are closed-minded, bigotted, prejudicial or judgemental are usually poorly-educated, deeply religious, or worse - both. These people have had to be dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st century with the passing of laws to protect (and to give rights to) people of the LGBT community (eg gay marriage). Here in the UK and Europe we are a couple of steps ahead of our American cousins who, I can see, are still having a fight to get legislation passed to protect people.
I also think that a lone cross-dresser makes for an easy target for some people. It would be interesting to hear from anyone who has been lucky enough to have been accompanied by a male as to whether they had any problems whilst out dressed. I have a suspicion that they wouldn't have.

Veronica27
09-26-2015, 03:23 PM
☺ Funny how a Hells Angel's biker gets more respect than WE do?

That's the best line I've seen in a long time. I guess it's like they say; "Chicks dig bad boys". I guess we're just the wrong type of naughty to suit people.

Veronica

Krisi
09-28-2015, 07:40 AM
If you want to know why "mugles" have a problem with crossdressers, you will have to ask the "mugles". Asking other crossdressers will get you nowhere.