PDA

View Full Version : Here we go again

Jackie7
09-28-2015, 09:38 AM
I always underdress, have for many years, and lately my sense of what looks good has somehow evolved, now I try to dress my age and I use my wife's girlfriends as models. So where in the past I would have chosen to wear a flippy little skirt, now I go for skinny jeans. But wait, all of my trousers are female brands and cuts, I wear the same jeans whether I'm presenting femme or man. And where in the past I would have gone for a frilly blouse now I shrug into a camisole under an open denim jacket, or for a more mannish look, a tee or maybe a muscle tank. And where in the past I would have worn breast forms, now I wear an A-cup sports bra on my A-sized moobs.

So what's left as a gender marker? Carefully constructed textile in the form of a wig, or carefully constructed textile in the form of a hat, or fashionable shiny unadorned pate? Shoes that attempt to make my size 11 feet look dainty, or shoes that emphasize their clodhopping breadth, or androgynous black sneakers?

There really aren't many gender markers left. Makeup and jewelry, that's about it. I suppose I'm becoming an androgyne, a place I never thought comfortable, but here I am. Does this resonate for anyone else?

pamela7
09-28-2015, 10:15 AM
I resonate quite a bit with your post, as I don't really feel like either gender to be honest.

I looked up the definition of "androgyne", and followed to the wiki link:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Androgyny

Interestingly Plato defined these three types of people: male-male (sun), female-female (earth) and male-female (moon). Me being a werewolf archetype, i get a lot of sense of how this all might fit together. Thank you for the post, Jackie.

xxx Pamela

PS I then took an online BEM sex role inventory and scored 73 male 56 female 55 andro (all out of 100), no idea what the numbers mean, but i think it means that my behaviours fit best those of males in our society.

Krisi
09-28-2015, 04:38 PM
It doesn't resonate with me, but to each his/her own. It appears as though you are trying to make people wonder if you are a "he" or a "she".

I wear female jeans in boy or girl mode but the girl mode jeans are a larger size to accommodate my girl hips and butt.