PDA

View Full Version : Gabby's Outing Yesterday

Gabby6790
09-30-2015, 08:56 AM
So, I had a chance to dress yesterday. Like life, the outing had some good and bad. Sorry for the long post just trying to digest the day.

Bad:

If you are planning an outing check the weather. A rainy afternoon is not much fun to walk around or take pictures.
Wearing giant sunglasses because you don't have a clue about makeup or the time to try it looks silly when it is rainy.
I NEED NEED NEED, to find a top that fits. I ended up wearing a guys tshirt and while it didn't look horrible it didn't look great at all.
I also NEED a new wig. I love the cut and color of the one I have but the quality and length are not good. I think the length would be good on a GG but on me it ends up being too short.
The cool weather cannot come soon enough. I was a sweaty mess getting dressed (in my locker). Hot humid days are not good for this kind of thing.
If you are going to take pictures while out make sure and bring the battery. That was a major let down.

Now the good:

I got to go out dressed. Yay. For me any time dressed is a good thing.

It didn't lie (exactly) to an SA that questioned me. I need to stop and get something at Kmart in drab. I decided to grab some new lip gloss to try while there. When checking out the SA said "You wear lip gloss?". I responded with "Yeah, sure I do". It was sarcastic but technically not a lie :)

I love lip gloss now. I tried it a few times before but didn't like it for some reason. I loved the look yesterday. Easy application, kind of subtle, and easy removal plus I love the look. I picked a shade that was just a few shades pinker than my natural color.

I Love love love my new opague tights. I wore them under my fem jeans and was going to change into a skirt and heels but the weather killed that. I changed into my heels and a new black knit pencil skirt with ruffles back at the locker. Love the look and feel.

I Love my new belt that actually fits. Its like something Gemma would wear from SOA. Chunky metal with leather. I even figure out how to tie it on the side and let it drape on my hips.

Got a little walk in after the rain. From the car to a mall sidewalk. I intentionally tried to avoid walking right past anyone. The bad top/wig and my giant shoulders have me super sensitive but at least I was out there.

Amber42
09-30-2015, 09:04 AM
This is great, even if the weather did not cooperate. Happy to see that you had some good experiences.

I've never been outside the walls of my house while dressed. Will take a lot of nerve and time on my part.

Jaylyn
09-30-2015, 09:27 AM
Oh well look at it this way..... The good thing is you were dressed, so really nothing else matters.... Minor set backs are part of life and also a part of dressing. Sounds like you dealt with the rainy day as any GG would have and that's a plus. Remember that rainy day will make the good days seem like a stroll in the park.

Tracii G
09-30-2015, 12:03 PM
Well you did just fine and yay for you!!!
Just getting out is enough.

Ally 2112
09-30-2015, 03:18 PM
If GG's go out in bad wheather dressed up so can you ! .Way to go ! :)