PDA

View Full Version : Mirror mirror on the wall. Why you gotta keep messing with me?

Lena
09-30-2015, 10:07 PM
Today at work, I noticed I did what I always do but this time I thought about it more. After using the restroom, I go to the sink to wash my hands. When I do this, I always look down at my hands or sink. I realized when I was done, I hadn't seen my reflection at all and that this is what I have done for years.

But it struck me because last night, I had a wig and camisole on. I looked on the mirror for probably an hour while I combed the wig, flicked the hair and "posed."

Why is it I can look at myself when dressed out Fem mode but won't in male mode?

It reminds me of talking to my wife about Bruce/Caitlin. They showed some pictures of her mid through and you can see something is amiss between the new and the old. I told my wife that even though the rest of us will think the transition pictures make her look odd, to her, it was the most Fem and at ease she ever felt.

I think the same way when I'm wearing Fem. Looking in the mirror through the stumble and short hair, I see me.

Robin414
09-30-2015, 11:31 PM
Cuz you look 'better' as a chic (or maybe you identify more as a chic)? I literally have two photos of myself as a guy and dozens as a chic (yah, ok, my avatar really is Joe Elliot of Def Leppard 😆 )

IamWren
09-30-2015, 11:46 PM
Oh my God, Robin you do look like Joe Elliot! (by the way I love Def Leppard's music but I'll never admit that to anyone I know).
Please change your avatar back to the Robin I know and love. Muah!

Oh... and Lena.
I've noticed that myself in the month since I joined here.... that I have never really 'looked at myself' in my every day male mode but in the couple of times that I've done my makeup I really looked at myself. Looked in my eyes. Noticed my face... my character. Maybe I need to do that more... not just when Sayyidah comes out.

hugs
Sayyidah 'Sue'

pamela7
10-01-2015, 02:21 AM
makes sense to me

Kate Simmons
10-01-2015, 04:57 AM
I think the reason I look better is because I pay off the mirror. ;):)

Amber42
10-01-2015, 06:15 AM
I have wondered why the mirror feels different when I dress. Almost like I'm watching a movie play out.

I'm not one to look in the mirror as a man but can stare into it when dressed. Perhaps its the vanity that comes out - LOL

Rachel PT
10-01-2015, 11:47 AM
Mirror makes it worse for me. When looking down, I can say "Yeah baby!" When I look in the mirror, I say "darn it!"

Feminine1995
10-01-2015, 02:35 PM
I also never watch at myself when I look as a guy but as soon as I wear female clothes I love looking at me.

katie_barns
10-01-2015, 08:48 PM
I just avoid mirrors.

CynthiaD
10-01-2015, 09:38 PM
I generally refuse to look in the mirror when in guy mode. Especially right after taking off my femme stuff. The woman in the mirror is me. I don't know who that guy is.

Krisi
10-02-2015, 08:54 AM
I look in the mirror either way. I mean, how are you going to shave without looking in the mirror?

Junius
10-02-2015, 10:51 AM
Yes! So much yes! That's how this all stayed for me. I noticed I wasn't looking in the mirror at all most days and so I forced myself to look and found some things to change (i.e. Beard and eyebrows). It wasn't until I got the idea to pierce my ears that I realised my ideal was definitely feminine and from there I've been trying to achieve a reflection that is more suitable to how I see myself.