PDA

View Full Version : jeans and tennis shoes

michellesissy
10-01-2015, 07:45 PM
Does anybody else dress in tennis shoes and jeans? I have be secretly dressing for about 7 years are so but just recently been out in public..I walk the dog around the neighborhood at night. 6'2 145..Look young but really not sure if I can really pass.Makeup is still a big issue to overcome. I have been passed by a couple of late night joggers, one was a women that passed me up. Do you think that's ok to do and what do u think I should wear to make sure I pass?

Laurana
10-01-2015, 07:56 PM
Wear what you feel comfortable in. I've gone out in a skirt, heels and push up bra with no makeup. The makeup I wear is very natural tones(like my avatar pic) and I know I don't look even 50% passable. But that doesn't concern me.

franlee
10-01-2015, 08:29 PM
Yes, and have grown into accepting that all styles seem to have a place or time to be the one you need to be you.

Tracii G
10-01-2015, 08:31 PM
Oh yeah jeans and tennis shoe girl here.

katie_barns
10-01-2015, 08:44 PM
Wear what you feel comfortable in. I've gone out in a skirt, heels and push up bra with no makeup.

I agree to wear what you feel comfortable with. I love jeans, especially streach jeans. Im not a big fan of tennis shoes though; prefer sandals.

CynthiaD
10-01-2015, 09:55 PM
I wear jeans in drab mode only, because I have straight hips, with hips and waist the same size. Skirts and dresses giver a better illusion of hips. (Yes, I know. I should buy some hip pads.) But of course my jeans are all very obviously women's jeans: lots of embroidery, lots of bling, flower patterns down the legs, or obviously feminine colors. I may be in drab, but I'm still making a statement.

Jilmac
10-01-2015, 10:43 PM
If you walk the dog in the dark of night, nobody is going to notice whether you're wearing makeup or not. I'm sure that female jogger who passed you wasn't wearing any makeup because she was doing a strenuous activity.

michellesissy
10-01-2015, 11:01 PM
yeah..I see what your saying
With out that my face does not look female at all..have any ideas of shaping eyebrows with out shaving them

Ariadne
10-02-2015, 06:27 AM
For your eyebrows, try having them threaded. Threading salons have opened in a lot of malls.

Candice June Lee
10-02-2015, 06:38 AM
Eyebrows make a difference for us. I sit while watching TV about once a week plucking mine. Vanity mirror in hand and I go to town on them. I check my ears and such for that ugly hair growth to.

pamela7
10-02-2015, 07:49 AM
Tracii shows you how to pass, that's an excellent look! xxx

Ceera
10-02-2015, 08:04 AM
Depends on where I am going. For a trip to the grocery store, where I'm looking to blend, I'll usually wear jeans, and either tennis shoes or boots or wedgie sandals. Last night I went to a bar to listen to a band, and wore jeans and boots. And tomorrow I may well wear jeans and sneakers when I go to a dance that's being held at a local restaurant.

Jeans are a good choice for passing in a casual setting. Lots of genetic ladies wear pants these days for shopping or casual activities - a lot more than wear skirts.

Wearing boots in this pic, but this is an outfit I wore to a bar last night, and I passed quite well.

Krisi
10-02-2015, 08:09 AM
Many women wear jeans and tennis shoes. The issue is something that was mentioned above - women have hips. I have two sizes of jeans. 10 for Homer, 14 for Krisi. That's because I wear a padded undergarment as Krisi. I don't normally wear tennis shoes as Krisi, I wear flats. Of course if I was out walking or jogging I might wear tennis shoes. I don't have women's tennis shoes though.

What else should you wear to try to pass? Breast forms and a wig to start with. And of course, a blouse. Most women don't wear a lot of makeup just to walk the dog at night, but we need all the help we can get. I wouldn't worry about the eyes, especially if your wig has bangs, but beard cover and a little lipstick will help.

A bit of low key jewelry helps but remember you're walking the dog, not going to the ball.

jenniferinsf
10-02-2015, 09:42 AM
don't do tennis shoes except on the court. but all the time.... almost always open toes to show off my nail polish251328

Ceera
10-02-2015, 10:12 AM
Agree with Krisi. I always wear hip pads when Dressing, so my hips look right even with jeans. (And my breast forms and wig, of course.)

Admittedly, some GG's have slim hips and no butt, but being curvy and having a definite difference between waist and hips helps our passability a lot.

Cheryl T
10-02-2015, 01:34 PM
All of my jeans and sneakers are women's and have been for years. No one ever noticed, or at least didn't say anything.
I prefer my jeans a little snug to show off my ASSets anyway, not those baggy wranglers guys like to wear.

Jaylyn
10-02-2015, 01:44 PM
In Houston depending on the neighborhood I'd definitely be wearing running shoes and jeans. There are some good places around Houston that are safe and after dark probably no one is going to notice a small dab of makeup.

michellesissy
10-02-2015, 02:00 PM
thanks jaylyn

lisalove
10-02-2015, 08:57 PM
Basically that's what I wear everyday. Since I don't wear men's clothes I have to somewhat blend in with society. and the casual woman look does that.

Amanda_Nicole
10-03-2015, 09:51 AM
Wearing tennis shoes and jeans is okay. Nobody will say anything whether you pass or not. I personally have my fair share of women's jeans and tennis shoes. I can wear them in drab without any comments or looks. So don't worry enjoy them whenever.

Beverley Sims
10-03-2015, 10:24 AM
The more comfortable you feel in what you wear the more likely it will look natural and you will most likely pass

jenniferinsf
with reference to woman's jeans..can someone tell me how the fit is different than men's skinny jeans.?

~Joanne~
Does anybody else dress in tennis shoes and jeans?

Every day in drab, pass on the look while enfemme ;)

Krististeph
10-03-2015, 10:31 AM
Of course it is okay. Casual dress is what we most often wear- certainly more appropriate for a dog walk than wearing a dress. I do this a lot too. There are so many ways jeans fit- but women's jeans tend to closer than men's. You will not pass unnoticed by teenage females, most likely- they notice fashion details like you would not believe. but especially if layered with a light jacket- you can get away with female cut jeans and shirts easily in the evening.

Tracii G
10-03-2015, 11:25 AM
with reference to woman's jeans..can someone tell me how the fit is different than men's skinny jeans.?

You will have to go try some on because its really hard to describe.

Ceera
10-03-2015, 12:23 PM
Jennifer, women's jeans are generally more full in the hips, on the sides, and lower in the waist (low rise), the zipper doesn't unzip as low as men's jeans do, and pockets are often less deep. Sometimes they are cut to fit higher in back than in front, to allow for a more generous rear end and to avoid pulling down when you sit or bend over.

Some will pass well in drab, and some have obviously girly decorations added.

Nikkilovesdresses
10-03-2015, 04:25 PM
Yeah, I've been wearing tennis shoes and jeans about a year- so comfortable.

But holy smoke- 6'2" and 145 -?? You must be as skinny as a rail! 28" waist maybe?

ENVIOUS, oh my god I can't tell you how envious.

xNikki

StefaniLara
10-03-2015, 08:37 PM
I'm totally into wearing jeans. I still need to buy some sneakers, but I will eventually. While it's fun to dress up sometimes, I usually prefer to be comfortable, even as Stef.

Heelios
10-03-2015, 08:55 PM
I've got a few pairs of women jeans - cropped skinny, slim leg, boot cut and some relaxed skinnys.. And all different shades of blue. Some are quite smart and others casual. Don't own any tennis shoes or sneakers though.

Brenn
10-04-2015, 01:51 PM
I love the look of jeans with a pair of white Keds. It is a good unisex look.