PDA

View Full Version : Putting a bra on or in this case not?

baldy1
10-02-2015, 01:02 AM
Morning all i went out cycling the other night, in drab and came off my bike over the handle bars quite dramatic banging my shoulder pretty good and road rash to one hand and knee. the problem i have i cannot put my bra on because its so painful and i have no flexibility of my shoulder oh! and safety hats do work

Julie

Kiwi Primrose
10-02-2015, 02:32 AM
Sorry to hear of your plight.
I'm not sure if you want suggestions or not but have you tried doing up the bra and putting it on over your head.

pamela7
10-02-2015, 04:36 AM
clearly "not". while we dress we must also respect our bodies' need to heal itself. A woman would likely also go bra-less or have someone else help with putting it on.

Krisi
10-02-2015, 08:28 AM
There are a few different ways to put a bra on. One is to put it on with the cups in front and then hook the hooks. This is probably the hardest way. Another is to put it on backwards (but not over the shoulders), hook it rotate it so the cups are in front and then put your shoulders through the straps. As Kiwi suggested, another way is to hook the hooks and then slip it on over your head. Number four is similar to Kiwi's suggestion but you step into it and pull it up over your hips. This is how they suggest putting on an Ahh Bra and the way I do it.

The best way might be to have someone you care for put it on for you.

BillieJoEllen
10-02-2015, 11:54 AM
I've got two torn rotator cuffs. They are old injuries. I got them about seven years apart. For about the first six months after getting them I couldn't put a bra on. It was a long slow healing process. Just hang in there and let your shoulders heal.

Robin414
10-02-2015, 12:25 PM
Ouch, been there, done that...twice! Get well soon girl 😘

Alaina Ann
10-02-2015, 12:33 PM
Might want to try a front hooker Honey.

PaulaJeanette
10-02-2015, 02:56 PM
Oh my, it sounds like shoulder problems, with rotator cuffs, is common for those of us who hook-up their bras by reaching back.

The last few weeks, I have been dressing in my lingerie including breast forms as soon I got up in the morning. Lately, I have been experiencing some shoulder pain while lying on my side to sleep and found it difficult and painful to hook up my bra. While at my doctor's office for a flu shot the other day, I mentioned that my shoulders were aching. When he said "stop doing what you are doing," I didn't think much about my cross dressing since he doesn't know...well, I hope not. Anyway, when he gave me some exercises to do to address the shoulder pain, he told me to NOT do them as soon as I got up. He said to give my body some time to warm up. When he said that, the light went on in my head...

BINGO...my early morning dressing and reaching around to hook up my bra were the "cause and effect" to my shoulder pain. So, for now, Paula is going to follow the hook in front and rotate method and hope my shoulder pain goes away. :battingeyelashes:

baldy1
10-03-2015, 02:03 AM
Thanks Ladies

I am the "put them on and reach round the back to hook them up sort of a girl" but I do like the thought of the front hook type (thanks Alaina) I haven't had one of them for years?

Julie

Sarasometimes
10-03-2015, 10:10 AM
Hook in front and spin may work while you heal up. Glad to hear it wasn't worse. If the shoulder straps are a problem try a convertible one as a halter bra one one shoulder. i hope you didn't tear up your sports bra or women's bike shorts. This is one reason why some cyclists shave their legs, if you need a reason to.