PDA

View Full Version : Pantyhose, not on it's way out.....?

Jill
02-11-2006, 10:02 PM
It's a fact that women in careers are steering away from wearing hosiery at work if they don't have to. A lot of women seem to really hate wearing them, and if the workplace doesn't require it nor fashion trends, what is pantyhose to do? I've been concerned that maybe the pantyhose business was going to endure a slow, painful death. But I think those concerns are subsiding a little. I've been spending a lot of time lately on myspace.com, which really makes for a very interesting web surfing experience. I have found, what seems to be an endless following for the love of hosiery. Whether from crossdressers, women with hosiery fetishes or one of the various subcultures, I believe that pantyhose is not on it's way out nor is anywhere close. The customers may not be the following that the companies necessarily want, but hey, whatever keeps them in business.

Fallen Angel
02-11-2006, 10:28 PM
Im really not very crazy about them and try not to wear them if possible

Laurie Ann
02-11-2006, 10:55 PM
Stockings and garters or thigh highs only for me.

Holly
02-12-2006, 01:02 AM
My poor legs need all the help they can get and can use the bit of color hose give them.

Allison1
02-12-2006, 01:08 AM
Nylons are so sexy! The more the better. I prefer panty hose to nylons with garters. I prefer body stocking nylons. The more the better. Very feminine look and feel. I hope they never go out unless they are replaced with something even sexier. I can't imagine what. allison

Wendy me
02-12-2006, 06:25 AM
pantyhose , stockings ... i like them all but my best is still bare legged ...

Lindahexi
02-12-2006, 08:36 AM
I love panthose and hope they remain available, i would like to get some that I can pull up really high, right up to my boobs would be nice, any girls know of any that fit the bill?

Raychel
02-12-2006, 08:57 AM
I just love pantyhose also, The only problem I have is finding the right size so they don't roll down over my fat stomach. If it wasn't for that I would wear them al the time.

Marla GG
02-12-2006, 09:10 AM
It's a fact that women in careers are steering away from wearing hosiery at work if they don't have to. A lot of women seem to really hate wearing them, and if the workplace doesn't require it nor fashion trends, what is pantyhose to do?

Yes, even women who like wearing them (*raises hand*) won't do it, if it is seen as unfashionable. Among my under-40 women acquaintances I don't know any who wear them. They think pantyhose and stockings are for grannies. :p

Thank goodness for CDs! Without you the hosiery industry would be in big trouble!

Helen MC
02-12-2006, 09:13 AM
We call them tights over here and I don't really like them, prefering stockings with garters or a suspender (garter) belt both for myself and for real women.

TGMarla
02-12-2006, 09:16 AM
To each her own, but I really enjoy wearing hosiery. Fashion trends come and go, and are always cyclical. The trend towards the bare-legged look will subside in time, and hosiery will tend to make a comeback of sorts. It's really nothing to worry about. Furthermore, for many women, their legs cannot hold up to a standard that allows for bare legs, as hosiery can cover up many flaws that are exposed by going bare. I've been told this by several women. Many others just feel that wearing hosiery is more proper and professional.

On a side note, you'll notice, you travellers, that flight attendants rarely wear skirts anymore, and almost never wear hosiery. The reason for this can be traced back to that nasty crash in 1989 of United Flight 232 in Sioux City, Iowa. The plane barrel-rolled down the runway, killing 112 people. But 187 people survived, including a flight attendant who later successfully pressed for change in the dress codes for flight attendants. She had been wearing pantyhose during the flight. When the crash occurred, since the flashpoint for pantyhose is rather low, the ensuing fire fused the hosiery to her legs, causing a lot of pain and damage to her skin. Hey, this isn't the reason for the overall decline in sales, just an interesting historical side note. But while I still love wearing pantyhose, I still say, "Good for her!" No one should have to endure what she did.

GypsyKaren
02-12-2006, 09:17 AM
I for one am doing my part to keep the pantyhose industry in the black. I make sure I have at least 25,000 pairs on hand, thank the Lord for the 2 for 1 sales at Walgreens.

Karen

Adele
02-12-2006, 11:43 AM
I'm all for tights (pantyhose). They are the whole reason I'm where I'm at today. The look and feel is almost indescribably good especially with freshly shaved legs.

TGMarla - I've recently been over to Aus and most of the air stewardesses I saw either on board or at the various airports were wearing skirts and tights. A few wore trousers. I'm so glad most wore skirts. I thought they looked fantastic.

Adele. xxx

Julia Cross
02-12-2006, 11:54 AM
I love buying fashion magazines and have noticed in the past fall/winter season a noticeable trend towards hosiery as an accessory again, more patterns and colours. I doubt summer will be as generous but I will wait and see.

J

Gemma_xdresser
02-12-2006, 11:57 AM
i agree with Laurie Ann, suspenders and holds ups for me to
Gemma x

pauleen
02-12-2006, 12:26 PM
For me I dont have the perfect set of legs ,spidervines etc.. so panty hose are a needed accessory in my wardrobe ,beside they make my legs feel so soft ,and I injoy the feeling of wearing them ,even when they roll down over my tummy lol.

Tina Dixon
02-12-2006, 12:27 PM
Being a big girl pantyhoss are for me, garters are kind of silly on me, had one and I tossed it.

daniellalee
02-12-2006, 01:55 PM
oh what a great invention! It was pantyhose that first made me fall in love with womens clothing. I can remember when i was in school at age six being sooo jealous of all the little girls in their white tights and pantyhose. I started wearing them under my boy clothes at school when i was still very young. Pantyhose were the first womens garment i ever wore and i owe everything to them. I prefer pantyhose over stockings but a nice pair of black stockings with garters is very sexy too. How can any women hate wearing them? they feel so good against your skin and thats coming from a man with that little extra something he has to squeeze into them which i'll admit can be a little uncomfortable but thats a mild inconvenience compared with the pleasure they bring me. I even wear pantyhose to bed sometimes. I don't think there is anything that compliments a womens wardrobe better. I'm definitely a girl who loves her hosiery.

suanne
02-12-2006, 02:11 PM
Whew!!!! You scared me for a minute when I saw the title on this thread. I just about had a panic attack. But I am ok now. Granny or not, stockings, were my first love with cding. Pantyhose next, well, because they were not invented when I first started cding. Darn I am a Granny. :doh: Thanks for pointing that out to me Marla.:D I tell you this,if a GG or cder has a pair of nice looking stockings or panty hose on (hard to tell) she will get my attention in a hurry. Love to look and admire a nice pair of legs. None of this spray on stuff for this Granny. You girls who love nylons, stockings, tights, pantyhose, thigh highs, well.......:clap:

Granny Suanne.

PS. To Fallen Angel. Hey you got a very nice pair of legs. We have all been blessed with your pictures. Now my guess is...if you were to take a poll of those who prefer you with or without nylons...well what do you think the out come would be? I would bet WITH NYLONS. Wanna bet? Just put a post up in the picture section and see what you get.

Lisa Marie
02-12-2006, 02:30 PM
Im a lover of pantyhose also its the first thing I fell in love with also. I dont think they will ever quit making pantyhose. I love the way pantyhose feel. Thoes women who dont like wearing them are silly. Im a woman who will always will wear pantyhose. :thumbsup:

RenaCD
02-12-2006, 02:34 PM
Thank the Gods they are here to stay. Pantie Hose and the vast assortment of Feminine Style Hosiery are here to stay.
Leg coverings if nothing else but for protection from the elements have always been around and always will be.
Lets not even get into the Fashion part and the Female vanity,but the sheer Sex Appeal alone will keep them going
If anything they will improve on them, using better materials and technology, but not enough that women won't destroy two or three pairs a week thus dropping sales.
I just opened and wore a pair of brown control top,one pair of many which I picked up for 25cent at a Tag Sale this Fall. Brand new out of the package they were marked Alexanders department store of New York, now my wife tells me that Alexanders closed there doors in 1980.
The fact that I want to convey is what a difference in that 25 year old product they were silky beyond belief, but not very durable even when compared to todays cheaper brands.
Hosiery is here to stay and only to get better in one from or another.

Love My Hose Rena

Lindahexi
02-12-2006, 02:35 PM
I had to come back on this one; I just want to say that no matter how good the legs, they look so much nicer with the correct hose. Ok thats just my opinion, but when I look at a girl with lovely smooth hosiery it just lights my fire; doesn't matter if it's stockings or pantyhose, it's just the flawless look of the legs, WOW. I don't think many GG's would wear a skirt or dress to a dinner party or important function without wearing stockings or tights, fashions might be changing but ladies hosiery will always be in demand, I'm well stocked up! LOL

Jodi
02-12-2006, 08:08 PM
I go out a lot to straight venues and try my best to blend in. In spring, fall and winter, I wear panty hose. In the summer, when wearing sandals or open toed shoes, I go without hose. I have leg blemishes and scars. To cover this in the summer, I use Sally Hansen leg cover spray. Does wonders for covering the blemishes. As for pantyhose, I only wear good quality hose. They feel great and give me 15-20 wearings before a run occurs. Cheap hose feels scratchy and will bag, droop, and run quickly. Talking with many women who hate hose, many have only ever worn cheap hosery and don't now how good better hosery can feel.

Jodi

AprilMae
02-12-2006, 08:24 PM
Nothing beats a pair of leags in hose, and nice shoes, be they heels or flats. It's what got me started in this whole escapade. I can see women shunning it for everyday wear, but nothing is sadder than going to a nice affair like a wedding and seeing a women in a nice dress, shoes and bare legged.

Debbie Kong
02-12-2006, 08:34 PM
I don't care for pantyhose. Garters and stockings are all I enjoy.

Debbie

ginafaye
02-13-2006, 09:12 AM
garters and hose for sexy times sometimes thigh highs but for everyday use pantyhose with control top works the best at our house.........warmer when cold out

vicky V
02-13-2006, 09:22 AM
Love them all - - pantyhose, stockings, thigh high hold ups, garter belts, waist cinchers, etc, looks good and feels good. It really does make one feel feminine even when it is not possible to look feminine.

love,

vicky v

Ipexx2
02-13-2006, 11:34 AM
I love to wear my Pantyhose.

Deborah
02-13-2006, 12:04 PM
Gosh i hope they don't discontinue making them. I think they look really smart with a dress or skirt on.
I hate just wearing plain old socks. :(

traceytv
02-13-2006, 12:26 PM
I hope they are here to stay. I wear pantyhose most days, especially now in the colder weather. I actually prefer them to stockings. So I'm doing my bit for the industry.:)

Nicole Lee
02-13-2006, 05:04 PM
I sure hope pantyhose doesn't phase out! I love seeing girls wearing tight and stretchy nylons on their legs. ;)

And also, there are some women out there with .. *not-so-pretty* legs, and a pair of pantyhose hides that up nicely. :rolleyes:

vickyshowgirl
03-09-2006, 12:34 AM
My first love is sheer to waist pantyhose. I always tuck and the feeling of soft silky nylons up over my derriere is heaven!:)

magpie
03-09-2006, 02:04 AM
i love pantyhose/tights.
i wear them most of the time even to work under my clothes.
my over half prefers hold ups. so i have a selection of them to.
the hose that i wear most are black so my legs don,t look so hairy.
i love the feel and the sound when they move against a silky dressing gown.
gonna stop now before i get to carried away.

VeronicaMoonlit
03-09-2006, 09:22 AM
I love buying fashion magazines and have noticed in the past fall/winter season a noticeable trend towards hosiery as an accessory again, more patterns and colours.

yes, I saw that too.

I doubt summer will be as generous but I will wait and see.

J

Probably not with sandals.

Veronica

allisonrn06
03-09-2006, 12:52 PM
Pantyhose were my first love in dressing and always wil be, although lately I've come to like garter stockings as well. If I'm only wearing one item of feminine clothing - it will be nlyons!!:cheeky:

Kathi-Anne
03-09-2006, 02:11 PM
Pantyhose are what got me started in the first place. I remember the first time I slid the sheer nylons up my long legs. It was the biggest rush. I've said it before and I'll say it again. I love the feeling from my waist down to my toes.

Casey Morgan
03-09-2006, 03:33 PM
I love wearing pantyhose. And when the right material brushes your legs, god what a feeling. Tights are great too. I love that they're more opaque. But the feel isn't quite the same.

CarmenG
03-09-2006, 05:01 PM
can't live life without them....Hanes light support, can't beat those the feel is great and my legs are worth looking at...

Kimmie W
03-09-2006, 06:12 PM
I hadn't worn pantyhose in quite a while, but picked a pair to go with a pantsuit, Gotta tell you, loved the feeling when they were pulled up tight. I find a reason to buy a pair every time I shop now.

MelindaC
03-09-2006, 06:32 PM
Stockings and garters only for me too.....

Barb Valentine
03-09-2006, 07:33 PM
I love panthose the less GG buys the more for me