PDA

View Full Version : Pedicure today with SO. With Color???

Gabby6790
10-02-2015, 10:48 AM
So, I have had a few pedicures over the years and they always made me feel great but I have only had one since I really came out to myself (FYI, have not come out to SO).

The SO had discussed briefly getting some color last time and now we are going this afternoon. I hope she remembers and is really okay with it. Cross your fingers.

Amber42
10-02-2015, 11:03 AM
Must be exciting to be doing this. Have a great time!

kelly0
10-02-2015, 01:27 PM
omg!!! do tell honey! cant wait to hear. soooo exciting!

hope it went well

Gabby6790
10-02-2015, 03:44 PM
Well, the GREAT news is my toes are paint and it looks amazing. I can't keep from staring at them. I let SO pick the color. She wanted black but I pushed for something a little more colorful ("black is too goth") Ended with kind of a dark plum. They look almost black unless the light catches them right.

It was a little scary because of the salon workers. As soon as my wife showed them the color they were both like "Really??!??" Then when they finally started painting them they started to talk in their language obviously about the color. One of them said it looked "pretty". SO, ended up not liking the color because it was too girly but I have a feeling they will grow on her.

Worst case she offered to paint them a dark blue for me. Oh my, to have her paint my nails!!!!

I will try and post a picture tonight.

Anne K
10-02-2015, 03:50 PM
Guess I'm lucky. My SO insists on doing a regular pedicure and manicure. We have the same taste in colors. I joked with her this morning that I buy more make up products than she does. Life is good!

Alice_2014_B
10-02-2015, 06:31 PM
That sounds super exciting!
:)

Leelou
10-02-2015, 09:05 PM
That's a fun story. I've only had a few pedi's, and they always ask me "You want color?" in a joking manner. Never taken them up on it, but want to.

I know you said you're not out to her, but it sounds like she might have an idea. Her bringing it up earlier, helping you pick out color and then offering to actually do your nails suggests to me that she thinks you have a feminine side. And you went along, had a great time, and so that kind of reinforced her notion.

You might have one of those awesome women that are supportive. Best wishes!

MelanieAnne
10-02-2015, 09:08 PM
I stick with red. No particular reason. Just seems traditional.

Tina_gm
10-03-2015, 07:18 AM
Sounds like she is on to you and just trying to get you to open up to her about it. Go slow with this. I don't see her ending it if you tell, but painting your nails and full acceptance to it all is still a bit of a leap. But, you are still in better shape than a lot, just still go easy with it all.

jenniferinsf
10-03-2015, 09:17 AM
how wonderful...mine are a glittery pearly white to match my fingernails...sparkles......hope you like yours as much as i love mine!

Gabby6790
10-03-2015, 02:21 PM
I am not going to say she is on to me. I AM trying to use this as a guage on her acceptance level. She has always been the type that likes her man manly but enjoy the metrosexual look too. She also doesn't shy away from trying things that are different and is certainly of accepting of LGBT.

She has mentioned that she doesn't like "it" after the fact. I haven't pushed whether "it" is the color or polish in general. I think I am just going to ignore it for a little while and hope she gets used to them. Although it is hard. I could totally seeing myself pushing her to paint them another color or next time we get a pedicure get an even more pretty color but restraint is the key.

And I am super happy about having them painted at all so I don't want to look the gift horse in the foot.

MissTee
10-03-2015, 10:00 PM
I love getting mani-pedi's with the wife. We've been doing it for years. That said, I've never braved getting colors, but she wouldn't care. I usually get a nice clear coat. I am going this coming Thursday for massage and mani-pedi, but have to go solo this trip. Wife has a conflict and can't go with me. It's my last opportunity before I start traveling again.

Gabby6790
10-08-2015, 10:44 AM
So, the topic of my my pretty toes has been kind of quiet. A new development is that I will have to show them off to someone this weekend. Until then, only my SO, son, and the nail tech, have seen them. This weekend I have a massage scheduled with our regular masseuse. I am interested in how the SO handles this. I have a feeling, if she thinks about it, she will want me to take the color off. My excuse will be that this woman see me nearly naked on a regular occasion so embarrassment about my toes is not a worry.

On a separate note, I am interested to see what the masseuse thinks. If I had to think about one person I might want to come out to it would be her. Should be interesting.....

OCCarly
10-08-2015, 11:20 AM
I have never had a professional pedicure. I just gave myself a teenage girl DIY pedicure yesterday in a deep teal blue, using a bottle of nail polish I picked up over the web with a clothing order.

My wife is away visiting family right now, and I don't know if I will keep this until she gets back the end of next week. I am fully out to her, and she knows I am ordering cute things in her absence, so no issues with her. But while I have the run of the house and gardens inside the privacy fence, she does not want me out in public at all, so when she returns I either have to remove the polish or give up wearing sandals outside the privacy fence.

Gabby6790
10-08-2015, 11:27 AM
I chose to give up the sandals. I live in a pretty small community so there is the chance that I could run into somebody and right now I think that would make the SO uncomfortable. I would love the chance to go out "out of town" with my pretty toes showing. Good news, unlike where you live, sandal season is pretty over by me.

Candice June Lee
10-08-2015, 05:01 PM
Our last pedicure came with candy corn style color. Its time again actually.
I had to go do mine about a mknth ago alone. She asked "want color?" Smiling up at me. I said yes french style please. I showed her a pick and out i walked with pink nails and white tips. Yay.
Hope you get something fun for halloween. Good disguise for having the "color" isnt it?

Gabby6790
10-08-2015, 05:52 PM
There is no way my SO would let me get away with pink (a girl can only dream) but candy corn, I might be able to get away with that.

Heidi Stevens
10-08-2015, 06:03 PM
This is one of the few areas that my wife allows me to do with her. I have to be in male mode, but everything else is the same for us until we get to the polish. While she gets color, I've been asked not to for her sake. I am how ever allowed to get clear gel! I love the clear gel because it lasts for weeks, looks great and you can put color over it AND remove it without damaging the clear gel!
So my advice is to go with your wife in what ever mode is allowed. Enjoy the experience and get clear gel for your polish.

Jamie001
10-08-2015, 06:31 PM
Why is nail polish in male mode such a big deal? Google "men wearing nail polish" and you will see how many men are wearing nail polish on toes or fingers.

Gabby6790
10-08-2015, 09:03 PM
Jamie, I did google it and most of us on here aren't movie stars. I live in a small town that is kind of conservative but also progressive with certain things. We have a pretty active and large LGBT community by here but still I think if I decided to wear toenail polish all summer long out and about it would be talked about. Why? Probably simply because it is odd and society is just starting to break down this barriers.

Sometimes Steffi
10-08-2015, 10:22 PM
So, the topic of my my pretty toes has been kind of quiet. A new development is that I will have to show them off to someone this weekend. Until then, only my SO, son, and the nail tech, have seen them. This weekend I have a massage scheduled with our regular masseuse. I am interested in how the SO handles this. I have a feeling, if she thinks about it, she will want me to take the color off. My excuse will be that this woman see me nearly naked on a regular occasion so embarrassment about my toes is not a worry.

On a separate note, I am interested to see what the masseuse thinks. If I had to think about one person I might want to come out to it would be her. Should be interesting.....

I've gone to get a massage many times with my toes painted. No big deal for me, no big deal for her.

BTW, here they like to be called massage therapists; masseuse has a negative connotation someone who doesn't really stop when she should.