PDA

View Full Version : I Just Shaved Off My Beard !!!

Anneliese
10-03-2015, 08:22 AM
I've had a beard for many years, and I've been thinking about shaving it off almost the entire time.

Finally, I decided to shave it off an hour ago.

It has been the main reason I haven't been out fully dressed.

I see Halloween is on a Saturday this year, and if I don't go out before then, I certainly will that day/night.

Now I need to learn about make-up (I have a lot..samples from my job...but I have no idea where it all is) as well as getting up the guts to go out.

There's one aspect of bad timing I see. I have two cars. One is totally anonymous while the other, which I get back tomorrow as my only ride for a month or so, is very recognizable as me.

Oh well...a major step taken today, and it's pretty exciting.

BillieAnneJean
10-03-2015, 08:45 AM
Three years ago, in two weeks, I shaved off a full beard I had for 36 years to Crossdress for the very first time. Did you notice the air going past your cheeks as you walked the fist time without the beard? My children were adults and my neighbors, no one at work, only my SO and immediate family knew what I looked like sans beard.

Enjoy the new you!

And get OUT. I did within 24 hours of the shaving and first time dressed. SUCH FUN!

Krisi
10-03-2015, 08:47 AM
Yes, facial hair is a pretty big obstacle to crossdressing and passing.

jenniferinsf
10-03-2015, 09:08 AM
wow...congratuations...it must be feeling of relief

i shaved my off a couple of years ago when i started dressing and what a joy. my wife just said yesterday...will you ever grow your beard back (you looked so distinguised)....i had to honestly reply....likely not in my lifetime

i also have a very distinctive ride (even with vanity plates).....oh well can't hide forever

Nolacdflorida
10-03-2015, 09:13 AM
Congratulations. My wife is very much against me shaving off mine.

One day

debstar
10-03-2015, 09:37 AM
Welcome to the rest of your life... Shaving your beard off I mean ;)

Scarlett Viktoria
10-03-2015, 10:04 AM
I always had facial hair but it was no problem to shave off and didn't take long to grow back. I've had an actual beard for probably over a year now which is also why I haven't dressed much. It's hard to feel sexy with a gnarly beard. I'm also having a hard time getting the nerve to shave it. It's a pretty unique beard and is becoming an identity.

Heather1129
10-03-2015, 10:11 AM
I just started mine for the winter a few weeks ago. I shave it off in the spring, so I have a few months of no facial hair. I like the warmth of it in cold weather.

Heather

Beverley Sims
10-03-2015, 10:15 AM
I have wondered how you can psss with a beard, unless of course you are in the circus. :)

heatherdress
10-03-2015, 10:24 AM
Congratulations Anneliese. Enjoy experimenting with makeup - moisturizers, foundations, eyeliners, lipsticks, shadows, mascaras. Try different looks and have fun. There are many instructional videos on Youtube.

CourtneyBme
10-03-2015, 10:35 AM
I had a beard about a month ago but trimmed it down to a goatee. I'm contemplating shaving that off so I can work on applying my make-up (which is ok but could be better lol). A couple times a week when I go to work early in the morning I will dress. No one is at work that time which gives me time to go in and change.

Tracii G
10-03-2015, 11:30 AM
My SUV is totally me and my friends would recognize it anywhere but I have never had a friend say hey I saw a woman driving your SUV.
I couldn't begin to count the times I have been out enfemme and its never happened.
Chances are your friends wouldn't recognize you enfemme anyway.

Allisa
10-03-2015, 12:23 PM
Always had a "stash" in various styles since my 20's,shaved it off and will never grow it back again. Or any other body hair for that matter.

Anneliese
10-03-2015, 05:47 PM
Thank you everyone for your ideas and, above all, support ! I will be out and about soon. Already I feel more feminine. My beard was truly my beard.

StefaniLara
10-03-2015, 08:30 PM
I kept my goatee for 10 years to make myself feel more manly, and to keep myself from dressing up. I shaved it off several times, always growing it out again immediately. I feel naked and vulnerable without it. It had become a mask to hid my inner self. I finally shaved it off for good this summer, and I'm still getting used to it, but I'll never grow it back. Being Stefani is so much fun, and I get a kick out of buying new clothes and expressing the real me.

So congrats on shaving it off, and have fun learning about make-up.

JohnH
10-03-2015, 08:50 PM
I used to have a beard. Since then I have been on M2F HRT and am developing a feminine figure. So it would look mighty strange to have D cup breasts and have a beard at the same time. :)

Robin414
10-03-2015, 09:32 PM
Wow Anneliese, big step! I can't stand facial hair anymore, it's the bane of my feminine existence! 😠 I've never rocked a 'beard like Bluto' (You know, Popeye) but even a hint of blue beard drives me nuts now!

MelanieAnne
10-03-2015, 09:43 PM
I dunno. They used to have bearded ladies in the carnivals. :heehee:

I tried a beard a couple times, but quickly got rid of it. Aside from the CDing, beards are just uncomfortable and itchy!

mikeyp
10-03-2015, 09:46 PM
I guess I'm the odd one out? I love my beard. Couldn't wait to grow one. I'm only 22 but still, when in "male" mode, my beard makes me look sooo good. It completes me. Obviously when presenting female though I wouldn't want it. Or would I? :)

annecwesley
10-04-2015, 05:06 AM
Congratulations. I'm looking forward to the day when my 38 years of whiskers come off and I can join the rest of the gurls outside my house.

Anneliese
10-04-2015, 06:09 AM
Thanks again...

Does anyone have any Youtube suggested links for make-up introductions? The first thing I'm learning about is concealer, which I've purchased and used, to cover up the bags under my eyes. As a guy, they didn't really bother me, but as a woman, they need to be gone. I've also in the last few days used cucumber slices on my eyes, as well as various forms of witch hazel. I'm currently wearing the only lipstick I've found (I have tons somewhere). On a funny note, I will be meeting both a longtime lady friend and my redneck brother today. The lipstick will be off for sure (at least for now), but the rose petal infused witch hazel will be on, and of course, the whole no beard thing. One thing I've been very excited about for years are my natural breasts, largely grown with fennel and fenugreek seeds, as well as being a vegan who consumes a fair amount of soy. I've had a natural b-cup for years, and even when my doc tells me at my physical that I have gynomastia, I've always secretly wanted to say "those were intentional". Bras fit as they would on a woman, and I'm a thin person. The beard has been holding me back.

BLUE ORCHID
10-04-2015, 07:21 AM
Hi Anneliese, I had my last & final beard about 40yrs. ago, Never to be seen again.:daydreaming:

Charlotte_P
10-04-2015, 10:37 AM
Just can't bring myself to get rid of mine. Spent so many years in a profession where I could not have one that once I retired from it, I grew one. Now the wife and the kids and myself like it so much I won't get rid of it.

Since I am not passable under any circumstances and don't dress overtly outside of the house, it works for me.

Charlotte

Jennifer W
10-05-2015, 09:41 AM
Same with me Charlotte. I was in a profession where I couldn't have a beard either. I didn't like the way my beard grew in so I made it a goatee. I'll never pass either so I leave it because everyone loves it.

PamTG
10-05-2015, 01:01 PM
I had a beard for awhile or actually all summer and I just shaved mine as well and I look much younger and boyish. I work at ski resort in the winter so I will be growing it back out to keep my face warm this winter. Until I start to dress FT it will stay but once I start to dress and perhaps take hormones then the beard will be gone forever.

Junius
10-05-2015, 01:53 PM
Good job and good luck friend! Learning about makeup is so much fun! Don't expect to know everything by Halloween though. There's a lot to it and you will easily burn out if you do it all at once. That being said, have fun and be good to you and you'll be as pretty as you want to be.

naomi2009
10-05-2015, 02:10 PM
I know everyone is different, but I hate the sight of facial hair (on myself, not others!) I despise shaving but I know I have to do it if I want to look my best. It's the same with body hair, it's become an obsession of mine over the past ten years, trying to get rid of it.

Anneliese
10-18-2015, 03:09 PM
Don't expect to know everything by Halloween though.

I put on full make-up for the first time yesterday, and you're right, I was a total klutz. I so look forward to being merely competent at whatever else it may be called, delicate face-painting.

I saw "pretty" there though.

If I had a pro making me over, I think I'd be ok.

lisa_vin
10-19-2015, 01:36 PM
Yikes, I've had mine for over 40 years but I still like it. I'm afraid the change would be too much for my wife and daughter (and maybe even me - lol). My head, face and arms are the only places I don't fully shave. I have no desire to go out or try to pass.

Sindeycd
10-19-2015, 06:32 PM
I shaved my stach & beard a few years ago never looking back.I love going out in the public and I'm still not totally passable but Id be much worse with a beard.....lol

Closeted Kat
10-19-2015, 08:20 PM
I killed my beard after a trimmer accident where the head slipped and took a gouge out of my beard. Since it looked so bad I took it all off. I didn't like the way it looked at first, but when dressed up a bit I kind of liked it. Not enough to keep it off, but I am planning to shave it off for halloween, i'm going to be princess peach from mario for a party where the host knows about me, it'll be fun and my first time out in noticable fem clothing.
-smiley

Anneliese
11-15-2015, 04:15 PM
I'm still clean-shaven, and have gone out a couple of times...of course, it's only been before the sun comes out when I walk my dog, but it's a start ! There are always a few headlights which hit me, and I've survived unscathed. ;-)

MissDanielle
11-15-2015, 06:58 PM
There's a few times a year I have a beard but mostly, I keep it clean for now.

Mayo
11-15-2015, 11:15 PM
I've had a beard for over 30 years and shaved it off this summer, purely to see if I might actually be 'passable' without it. No such luck - I look like Severus Snape. And now the beard is back. I'm hoping the Conchita Wurst look becomes popular. :D

Krisi
11-16-2015, 09:54 AM
When I dress (several times a week), I can look in the mirror and see a woman looking back. Maybe not a pretty woman, but a woman. That would be impossible with a beard or mustache.

Facial hair is something that comes and goes as far as being in style. It's also related to lifestyle. I had facial hair many years ago but I've been clean shaven for years. Facial hair makes us look older and I would rather not look older than I am.

Beverley Sims
11-16-2015, 11:59 AM
Mmm!

I think playing this game a beard or hairy face seems very out of character.

Shaving a beard off if you are dressing would be a hell of an improvement in passing. :-)

LydiaL
11-16-2015, 12:26 PM
Other than not shaving during vacation camping trips, I never really had a beard. However, I did have a mustache for several years in my 20's. After my divorce, I rediscovered my alternate feminine persona. The facial hair was removed promptly, never ever allowed to return! :bovered:

Tara Rushing
11-16-2015, 04:00 PM
Currently I have my full winter beard....I just told my wife I was going to shave it off.....I usually start it in October and shave it in April, but I really want to try to "go out" this winter so the beard must come off! She asked me to keep it until Christmas.....I'm not sure I can wait......