PDA

View Full Version : what are your thoughts?

samantha78
02-12-2006, 10:26 AM
How do you think of dressing??

Sara Kat
02-12-2006, 10:28 AM
It's an art form baby! :D

Wendy me
02-12-2006, 10:36 AM
ok i need more choises to vote .. see i am a crossdresser or what ever lable you want to give it so this is who i am ... crossdressing makes me wendy and wendy completes me .......

brandi1
02-12-2006, 10:39 AM
None of the above I think it of a stress releaver and a way to be more femme I do it diferent times a week and iI hope I am doing it rite

Brandi:bs:

Tiffy
02-12-2006, 10:42 AM
I am with Wendy on this. I need more choices. Dressing to me is really just who I am and a need. Not a want or a hobby or even art. Because I am to ugly to call it art. And can not live without it so hobby is out to.

Kisses, April Marie

Tina Dixon
02-12-2006, 10:44 AM
Non of the above, I'm Tina and I am a real pearson:thumbsup:

Phyliss
02-12-2006, 10:49 AM
Having only three choices to use, I picked "hobby". I'm not good enough to be able to term what I do as an "art form" nor do I just get dressed as best as I can on weekends. I happen to wear panties, bra, and stockings everyday so I guess I have to choose "hobby" as the closest option.
It's actually more than a "hobby" I truly enjoy wearing the items I do wear and wish I had the chance to be able to wear more and allow Phyliss to fully emerge into the world, and at that point I could make it an "art form".

Sadly I know better and for the time Phyliss will just have to stay in her closet.

Don't fret so my dear, I'll let you out someday.

Helen MC
02-12-2006, 10:51 AM
Insufficient options. I would have said a "lifestyle".

Jasmine Ellis
02-12-2006, 10:53 AM
Non of the above........I'm Jasmine, who lives for skirts.:bs: :clap:

S. Lisa Smith
02-12-2006, 11:22 AM
Interesting question. I went shopping yesterday at two new stores. At both the women who helped me felt comfortable enough to ask some questions and one of them was your question. I told them I am like a Civil War reenactor except that I'm doing a middle aged, middle class woman. Can't explain why, I just do. Not gay, not bi, just want to pass and be one of the girls. (As an aside, if you don't think you pass- go to Walmart on a Saturday, there will be at least one GG who is more masculine than you.) So for me it is a hobby (but an art form hobby, like still life painting). CDing is not even my number one hobby, that's surfing, but it's tied with number 2, gun collecting. Of course, YMMV. I am interested what other peoples answers are.

DanaJ
02-12-2006, 11:28 AM
How do you think of dressing??I like dressing, I use it on my salad all the time... oh, you mean that type of dressing? :D

To me, it is something fun to do, and a little more than that actually. And I think you left off THE main reason for dressing on your poll - the NEED to do it!

kim in n.c.
02-12-2006, 11:41 AM
+? Like DanaJ, I also like dressing on my salad. But alas, It's bad for my cholesterol So I guess I'll try undressing :hiding:

ladyelaine
02-12-2006, 11:50 AM
Dear Samantha:
I couldn't make a choice of the three, and would have left one choice out entirely, personal preferences alone, but some of the above and more! Thank you for asking.

regards,
Elaine

DonnaT
02-12-2006, 12:05 PM
None of the above.

It's something I need to do to satisfy my transgendered urgings.

pauleen
02-12-2006, 12:11 PM
There wasnt enough choices ,so the closest one I picked was hobby ,I,m not good enough for it to be called an art . and I agree with what someone else wrote you go to walmart on any givin weekend ,and you will shurly find ,or bump into a real GG, who is more masculine than you are .

Lilith Moon
02-12-2006, 12:42 PM
I didn't vote because there was no suitable category.

Crossdressing is an outward expression of who I am inside.

Brittney M
02-12-2006, 12:56 PM
I could not vote because it is none of the above. It is something that I have to do to be me.

Reana
02-12-2006, 01:12 PM
All the original choices and more. I don't think anyone can pin this down to one simple reason. This is a complicated lifestyle that requires a lot of work. The results of that "work", effort, and expense (both monetary and emotional) can be very rewarding or somewhat hurtful at times. :doh:

Audrey34
02-12-2006, 01:24 PM
I posted "something to do on the weekends". Which is when I primarily dress up. I also feel it is an art, and unfortunately I don't think I'm very good at it sometimes. For instance, I recently bought a "Dawn Joy" red dress with a flower applique on the front (size 24). Unfortuantely it felt tight at the shoulders and it made my stomach (in spite of my girdle) stand out. I was so discouraged I took off everything and have done nothing the rest of the weekend. I really liked that dress and when you discover you don't look very good in it, it kind of hurts.
-Audrey

ronni white
02-12-2006, 01:45 PM
If the choice were available, my vote would be a lifestyle.
It calms me when the daily grind of work starts to gobble me up.
It makes me feel whole in the evening when I can take it to the max.

CaptLex
02-12-2006, 02:25 PM
I also have to go with None of the above - for me it's a necessity. :rolleyes:

Lindahexi
02-12-2006, 02:46 PM
Sorry I didn't vote because none of the options fitted, I dress because it's a need, a compulsion really.

Stormgirl
02-12-2006, 02:48 PM
Its a way of life for me,sorta.

SherriePall
02-12-2006, 03:12 PM
I, too, didn't vote because it's a deep-seated, long-time need for me. It completes me. I guess I could have voted hobby because it can be expensive like some hobbies are. And I could have voted art form because when I'm putting on my face, it is an art form. But it's really none of the above because I need to dress.

Carlacd
02-12-2006, 03:23 PM
I like dressing, I use it on my salad all the time... oh, you mean that type of dressing? :D

To me, it is something fun to do, and a little more than that actually. And I think you left off THE main reason for dressing on your poll - the NEED to do it!

There were a lot of you girls that posted a need. Dana was the only one that really stressed the word "Need" by using capital letters. There is a "Need" in me to dress as i have a "Need" to live. Damn if i can explain those "Need"s to anyone.
So didn't vote as i have a deep "Need' to dress.

Brittney M
02-12-2006, 05:50 PM
I can not vote on this one because I don't think any one of them fit me. Because crossdressing is me being able to be me.

Angela Burke
02-12-2006, 06:18 PM
I've been a crossdresser for as long as I can remember, and I always will be.
To me it's as natural as breathing.
I agree "need" should have been another option.
Because I certainly need to crossdress.
Speaking of which........

rhonda jane
02-12-2006, 07:01 PM
None of the three categories in the poll describes my feelings about cross dressing. My mother dressed me as a toddler until my father discovered it and put the nix on it. That just meant that mum didn't dress me when pops was working. My mom was just about 4' 11" so it wasn't long before I fit her clothes. Then, as my mom found that I was wearing her clothes when she & dad weren't around, she too, tried to stop me from using and wearing her clothes & makeup. She tried to stop it simply because she didn't want me to mess up her things.

Anyway, crossdressing is part of me. I did it when very young because of the encouragement of my mom and because the clothes both looked and felt good. As I approached puberty, it became sexy as well. As I progressed I realized that I am attracted to all feminine things and people. That includes GG's and males who look and act femme. I'm a femaholic! I'm hooked! It's me and I love it!

Roxane
02-12-2006, 07:11 PM
Hmm You need an it’s in your blood category. As none of the yours really work for me.

Laurie Ann
02-12-2006, 07:11 PM
I voted an art form but it is so much more to me as others have said it is really a part of my life. The illusion of trying to become feminine is a great joy for me. It started when I was young and continues to this day at over 50 years.

AprilMae
02-12-2006, 07:39 PM
I voted hobby in as much as it is something I do in my spare time, because I enjoy it. And I hate golf.

Marie CD
02-12-2006, 07:47 PM
I have to agree with Wendy also. cross-dressing is what completes who I am. I stay dressed all the time unless I'm visiting my kids.

Sometimes I wonder " Is it really cross-dressing when it feels this natural ? "

just a thought

be well All

marie

franny
02-12-2006, 07:58 PM
It has me bring out the best in ME!!

Liberty
02-13-2006, 12:09 AM
Yes, I must have it.... I even thought of how I can alter my current dude clothes if that was all I was stranded with on a desert island:titanic:

When I was about 6 or 7, I wanted to dress up on Halloween, boy was I pissed off when my mom somehow managed to fit me in her mini which came down to my ankles. I still remember that! She could not get the hint that I wanted to go to the store and buy clothes for my size that were appropriate for my age that I could pick out. -- I took what I could get, it was still my best Holloween in my youth...

I've had lots of hobbies and still do, but if this is one?! Then all I can say is it's the most intense.

"Can you see the real me?" (The Who, Quadrephenia)

Danielle
02-13-2006, 12:15 AM
I believe it's a need and a way of forgetting the worries of life.Going on a vacation is'nt as relaxing as crossdressing.;)

Deborah
02-13-2006, 12:17 AM
I wish i were a female anyway. Dressing is just a small insignificant part of it.

TGMarla
02-13-2006, 09:06 AM
Like most others, I think the choices are too limited to render an answer. I dress because I like it. I like feeling and looking like a woman. You may as well ask a GG if getting dressed up nicely is an artform or a hobby. I dress that way because that's how women dress when they get all dressed up. I understand that it's a "hobby" and an "artform", and frankly I don't need more to do on the weekends. They go by too fast as it is. But it's way more than that. It's a need and an expression of part of me that otherwise has to sit in stifling silence. It's another facet on the diamond of our lives.

Alystin
02-13-2006, 09:23 AM
It's not a hobby, nor an art form, nor do i just do it on weekends to get a thrill! For me dressing is a must, because women wear women's clothes. And not just silk, satin, frills, lace, leather and high heels. I wear panties and bras everyday to be me. And nothing more! So if you're going to do a poll about these things, you'll need more options. Especially here, where there's more than just your weekend crossdresser!

Lawren
02-13-2006, 09:23 AM
Hmmmmm. Interesting options but I would have to say that it is an addictive habit for me. No matter how many time I try to quit I can ever get away from it.

Deanna2
02-13-2006, 04:16 PM
Hey, I just like wearing skirts, etc.

It's not a hobby or an art form and I do it mid-week.

jenny_cheerleader
02-13-2006, 06:14 PM
i would say that it is none of the above. It is part of me. not a hobbie that developed, but something that has been with me since i was born.

TracyDeluxe
02-13-2006, 11:11 PM
I have to go with "none of the above" also. For me, crossdressing is a big sign on my forehead that tells other people how I want to be treated, but more importantly, how they can expect me to treat them, i.e., as a woman, and hopefully a lady.

Sarah Rabbit
02-13-2006, 11:19 PM
Hi all

Dressing is an art.. I have the clothing down pat pretty well, but the dam makeup is so elusive. I have considered enrolling in a makeup coarse,
how ever I know they practice on each other, and I don't wish to get beaten up on the way home, by their boyfriends who think I am cutting their turf

I am always scanning the Womens mags trying to get Clues, Tips and
advice

Hugs, Sarah

LouiseW
02-14-2006, 12:01 AM
Like so many others, I have to say 'none of the above'. It is simply a part of me that is necessary and a compulsion. It makes me who I am.

ReginaK
02-14-2006, 04:17 AM
All of the above, plus it just feels good.

ronda
02-14-2006, 05:18 AM
my vote was hobby but i don't dress enfem as a hobby i dress because i NEED to and WANT to i like my self better enfem then in drab i love the feel of panties, bra, thighh high, short skirt,and high heels.so please add more choices. :D

Stephanie
02-14-2006, 08:40 AM
The closest thing that crossdressing is for me would probably be a "hobby," although I'm not entirely sure that would do it justice.

JoAnnDallas
02-14-2006, 09:38 AM
Given only two choices, I had to vote for "Hobby". It is the closest to what my CDing is. I don't really think of it as a hobby and more a combination of life style and expression. Then too, I have seen people let their hobbies take on a life of their own.

StevieStevie
02-14-2006, 02:51 PM
You left out LIFESTYLE.........;)

jamie1
02-14-2006, 08:12 PM
I just feel I have to for a satisfied state of mind

Mona
02-14-2006, 10:57 PM
Non of the selections work for me. I need to be Mona, it is not a hobby or pastime, art is certainly involved but there is much deeper meaning.

Bernice
02-14-2006, 11:03 PM
Sorry, none of the above apply to me either. It is an obsession, something I crave, no longer stimulating; it just makes me feel comfortable. Except when sewing new things, I'm not very artistic. I guess it is in my blood, or as another more creative member put it, I'm a femaholic!

Hugs,

Bernice

Lisa Baby
02-24-2006, 07:41 PM
Dressing is a part of my life. When I dress, I want it to be as complete and as perfect as I can make it. It is the true me.:)
Lisa

Leigh Davis
02-24-2006, 10:18 PM
I feel dressing enables me to express my feminine side.

I do think it can be an art form if you think of your physical body as a canvas on which you apply the right fabric and coloring to create an illusion of a female person.
Model railroading is a hobby. I never had the "urge" to lay track!:p

Cheryl J
02-24-2006, 10:24 PM
Hobbies are fun things that you are interested in doing. I would choose other options were they there e.g. "Necessity" but because I get few chances to dress, hobby will do.

MaylinJane
02-24-2006, 11:24 PM
None of the above. It is an expression of who I am, I couldn't change it any more than I could change the color of my eyes.

May