PDA

View Full Version : OK..NOW I Can Ask This...SCC ? Anyone Go ?? Bueller ? Anyone ??

Adriana Moretti
10-09-2015, 04:57 PM
Out of the thousands of members here did anyone make SCC ? And if so how was it ? I had 1 gal pal from New York here sum it up in one word
" ehhh"

Then again she has been to quite a few conferences before, and is fully ( out) so maybe the novelty of a CD/TG Conference has worn off, she also mentioned there was little to no off-campus activities. Did anyone go ? How was the new location ? Was it better ? Worse ? At least the weather was better than the cold & rain we had here in New York xoxo

katie_barns
10-09-2015, 06:26 PM
Sorry, never been. That, and Fantasia Fair, are both on my bucket list

Kate Simmons
10-10-2015, 06:41 AM
Never been there Hon. I've always figured that was for folks with high profile jobs who are independently wealthy. That's the way it always seemed from the programs I've read anyway. :)

Meghan4now
10-10-2015, 07:49 PM
Crickets? Really?!

Ouch!

Heidi Stevens
10-10-2015, 08:17 PM
Hate to say it, but the move from Atlanta to Ft. Lousydale was a big mistake. Way to easy to get to Atlanta and cooler too.
I'm not going until it's back.

Jeninus
10-10-2015, 10:33 PM
My wife and I registered and paid for the SCC and reserved the hotel room in February. Unfortunately, my wife was diagnosed with breast cancer in April and surgeries were scheduled for July/August with chemo to start near the end of September. Accordingly I called SCC to cancel and they refunded the registration fees immediately. So I can't say how the Conference went, but can say that the people running it are very ethical. I, too, would prefer they move the Conference back to HotLanta.

docrobbysherry
10-11-2015, 12:48 AM
One of the "sponsors" just told me about 700 attended. No comments other than that.

But, I'm certain a number of cd.comers attended and hopefully will report back here?

SCC in Atlanta was like having it in Disneyland. Because there were so many nearby T friendly places to visit. And, even kinky clubs to drive to in Atlanta proper.:heehee:

Adriana Moretti
10-11-2015, 01:55 AM
Yea....not many good things have been said....and yes LOTS of crickets in here LOL.....my guess is the new location flopped...but I wasnt there so I cant tell I am only going by what I see and hear ...Facebook had nothing either....nobody showboating pics....it could be though that most of my friends are in the north east, and most turned there noses up at this event...could be the cost, the hotel, flight etc....i know that stopped me....Atlanta is/was a much better location, and Atlanta has a built in scene already....I wonder if they will bring it back.....ok.....SO Who is going to First Event in Boston? LOL.....Already booked !!!!!

Hell on Heels
10-11-2015, 03:05 AM
Hell-o Adriana,
I love Ferris! What an incredible day he
had!
His line near the end of the movie has always
stuck in my head.....
" life moves pretty fast... And if you don't slow down
sometimes you might miss it!" ,
Something like that anyway!
Now, where do I buy a ticket to one of those fabulous
events your so lucky to attend?
Your travels are get in' further west,
Next stop DIVA's ???
Keep me posted!
Much Love,
Kristyn

Adriana Moretti
10-11-2015, 04:01 AM
ha ha I would LOVE to hit Vegas...one of these days I will.....anyone want to comp me on that trip let me know.....my blogger paycheck hardly covers one nights bar tab xoxo