PDA

View Full Version : Halloween?

adrienner99
10-10-2015, 08:25 AM
Is anyone else taking advantage of Halloween to dress up? I plan to visit Washington DC and watch the High Heel race. There are always many crossdressers out.

I am considering going as a 50's prom queen: Sleevless, pink satin dress with a nipped waist and a wide skirt, white patent pumps with five-inch heels, elbow-length white gloves, a pearl necklace and drop pearl earrings. Searing red lipstick won't go with the dress but I think I will wear Chanel's True Red anyway. Blond wig....maybe a crinoline if I have the nerve....gosh I hope I can pull this off....

bonni
10-10-2015, 08:35 AM
Go for it. Wish I could go but I'm to far away. Either way wish you the best and have fun

Sarina Curtis
10-10-2015, 08:38 AM
I would love to go out as myself on Halloween, unfortunately I'd be quite likely to run into people I work with which puts the kibosh on that plan.

JoanAz
10-10-2015, 08:49 AM
Every year I do my Avatar, and go to main street here in Lake Havasu Az.. not bad for a 76 year young Broad ,.. LOL

Stephanie47
10-10-2015, 09:12 AM
I envy those who are able to get dolled up and get out. I'm always stuck handing out candy at Halloween. Halloween is on a Saturday this year. There's a potential for several changes during the day. Sounds like you're going to have a blast.

Yoshisaur
10-10-2015, 11:29 AM
I have no plans to go out for Halloween, but i'm still planning on dressing up. Maybe something punk or maybe something gothic lolita, still thinking about it.

sometimes_miss
10-11-2015, 02:15 PM
Few 'normal' straight guys would be caught dead dressed in girl clothes. So doing so just raises the suspician that we're CD, TG, TS or gay. If that's ok with you, then go for it! OTOH, if you feel the need to stay in the closet, or coming out would cause disruption in your life, it's better to avoid pushing the envelope.

Sarah-RT
10-11-2015, 02:27 PM
I'm debating going out as Sarah, I have been messing about with an outfit I threw together of a female mad max, mad Maxine more like :heehee:

heatherdress
10-11-2015, 03:05 PM
If Halloween offers the additional confidence needed to go out somewhere in public dressed as a female, do it! Maybe they will both enjoy themselves and realize most people don't care how they are dressed.

I have not heard of anyone being outed by dressing as a female character on Halloween. And unless someone honestly tells you their personal suspicions - which they don't - you will never know if anyone suspects you of crossdressing or any other behavior or belief, whether you dress on Halloween or not. Judgmental people probably think far worse things of us than being a crossdresser - and we will never know.

Tina_gm
10-11-2015, 04:44 PM
Going to be my 1st time in a female costume this year, sorta. at work a couple of years ago a woman offered me an old Victorian dress that I wore over my regular clothes for a little bit. No make up, the bottom of my jeans showing, tennis shoes, but I did find an old lady wig so I wore that. That certainly did not raise much in the way of any suspicion.

THIS YEAR however, originally, I had convinced my wife to have her be Glenda the good witch of the north, and me the wicked witch of the west. But, with her being laid up after a bad fall, she altered her costume to be a tainted fairy, which went better with her walking boot. women... lol I decided I would stay as being a witch, although I altered it to being more of a traditional witch. We are going to be attending a Halloween wedding with all of this. My wife is giving a bit on this. I know she has had a I don't want to see it thing going on since I told her about my CDing. But, I am in a "character" rather than just being female, and it being Halloween. I have told her on a few occasions if she was uncomfortable that I would bail on the female witch, but she seems ok with it all. She did in fact say to me, don't take a mile on this. So in a sense, she is definitely doing at least a slight expanding of the boundary here. Perhaps getting a feel for what it might be like to see "me" but still with a cover of a character.

I think if I was dressed just as a woman, with no particular character it may raise some suspicion, and this may as well, (why be a female anything) If it does raise suspicion, I guess it just does...

Ally 2112
10-11-2015, 07:33 PM
I have went out as a girl 2 times mostly as a joke and years apart .I had a mostly positive night out both times .I have never done it since and more than likely i wont do it again .I just plan on dressing in private :)

docrobbysherry
10-11-2015, 07:40 PM
Few 'normal' straight guys would be caught dead dressed in girl clothes. So doing so just raises the suspician that we're CD, TG, TS or gay. --------------
You're forgetting the OTHER option, Lexi. Dressed as a female in a female costume!:D

One of the female looks I'm working on for this year is, Elsa!

Whether or not I can pull this off is a "realistic" Elsa mask!:brolleyes:

AllieBellema
10-11-2015, 08:21 PM
I've only dressed up mostly in private, although some of my friends know that I do dress up and even a few have seen how I looked dressed up. I got one who's family has a halloween party every year and I'm thinking about wearing one of my southern belle dresses to the party this year. His family is pretty open about pretty much everything and I've been around them alot so I know they won't have any issues with me doing it.

ashleyjane15
10-11-2015, 08:39 PM
I have never went en femme for Halloween but next year for our local comic book convention my SO is going as Mario and I will be Princess Peach. I'm so excited for next year.

AllieBellema
10-11-2015, 08:43 PM
I have never went en femme for Halloween but next year for our local comic book convention my SO is going as Mario and I will be Princess Peach. I'm so excited for next year.

Jealous of this! I'm hoping to someday get a Princess Peach outfit as well! Hopefully there will be pictures when it happens!

Mink
10-11-2015, 09:06 PM
I always feel like it WOULD be too weird to get dressed up as just a "regular" girl

but that gives the PERFECT excuse for the outfits that would barely fit in anywhere!

Princess! Prom Girl! Ballerina! etc

jazmine
10-11-2015, 09:06 PM
I'm hanging out at Detroit's "Youmacon" for an extended weekend(over halloween) as Disney's Belle. My favorite Character of all time! I might go one day as "Lust" from Fullmetal Alchemist out of a Japanese manga series. I don't know yet. I do have the tattoo for it....
I'm going to be going with my wife and her friends, who will be in costumes of characters out of their own original comic books.....
Should be a fun, interesting weekend. Who knows....

AllieBellema
10-11-2015, 09:15 PM
I'm hanging out at Detroit's "Youmacon" for an extended weekend(over halloween) as Disney's Belle. My favorite Character of all time! I might go one day as "Lust" from Fullmetal Alchemist out of a Japanese manga series. I don't know yet. I do have the tattoo for it....
I'm going to be going with my wife and her friends, who will be in costumes of characters out of their own original comic books.....
Should be a fun, interesting weekend. Who knows....

Belle is my favorite Disney princess, loved her dress! I was able to get a dress like it back at the beginning of the year, which was a dream come true!

jazmine
10-11-2015, 09:23 PM
Belle is my favorite Disney princess, loved her dress! I was able to get a dress like it back at the beginning of the year, which was a dream come true!

Yeah, Definitely! I actually paid a friend to make me a dress the way I envisioned it it my head. I went all the way putting the costume together. I didn't want any cheapo store-bought stuff. It'll be interesting, because I actually have the "Lust" character tattoo, and don't plan on covering it up.....

ashleyjane15
10-12-2015, 04:41 AM
Jealous of this! I'm hoping to someday get a Princess Peach outfit as well! Hopefully there will be pictures when it happens!

Oh, There will definitely be pics. Unfortunately the Con is not til next May. But that gives me plenty of time to have the costume custom made and slim down to fit into it.

Tiffanyselkoe
10-19-2015, 09:42 PM
My wife is going as the mad hatter and I am going as Alice. We have fun every year!

Jolynne Wynn
10-20-2015, 05:47 AM
Last year I went out as Dr. Frank n Furter and had a blast. This year, since my wife knows I am a CD, I will be a sexy femme Joker and she will be Harley Quinn. We're gonna attend the West Hollywood Halloween Carnaval. It should be awesome, from what our friends keep telling us.

Beverley Sims
10-20-2015, 08:21 AM
I think I will find it hard to top last year when I was in North Hollywood.

Reading the previous post, maybe it was it West Hollywood?

Jolynne Wynn
10-20-2015, 09:28 AM
I think I will find it hard to top last year when I was in North Hollywood.

Reading the previous post, maybe it was it West Hollywood?
I am told they shutdown Santa Monica Blvd for a few blocks on Halloween. Is that where u attended?

joank
10-20-2015, 12:32 PM
I'm leaning towards Marianne the Librarian (camel pleated skirt and satin flowered blouse with sensible flats). In the past I have been the good fairy and a leopard (dress, heels and ears).

BrendaJane
10-20-2015, 08:30 PM
As of now, I'm planning on going to an LGBT party or two in town. I'm going as a Vamp with sort of a Star Wars Sith character feel to my costume. I'm hoping to have pics to post as I believe my look is going to be awesome, I can't wait.

Natalie cupcake
10-20-2015, 08:43 PM
My wife, gg friend, and I are going out to a party as 1920's flapper girls!!

Sometimes Steffi
10-20-2015, 09:59 PM
Go for it.

Last year I went out as a Hooter's Girl with a bunch of CD friends, bar hopping.

We even went to a real Hooters restaurant. One of our waitresses asked if i wanted to work for the night, since i was already wearing the official uniform.

I even managed to find a "Stephanie" name tag, which was close enough for Government purposes, as they say around here,

But, it's definitely easier to be girl crazy in a flock of like girls.