PDA

View Full Version : Baby steps...

RobinCA
10-10-2015, 01:41 PM
I go the gym 5 days a week as I am training for a physique bodybuilding competition. I am transgendered and I am taking small steps toward my transition. Today for the first time, I wore a ladies wick racer back top to the gym. I don't know if anyone noticed or even cared, but it made me feel wonderful. Next is going to be ladies workout leggings. It's nice to be able to go somewhere I go so often and have the courage to do what makes me feel right. Can't wait to keep taking these small steps.😃

Jaylyn
10-10-2015, 01:56 PM
I've taken many of those small steps except not going to the gym, but more of buying more clothes, makeup and heels. Watch the small steps or you'll end up spending a ton of money..... Lol

Marcelle
10-10-2015, 02:32 PM
Hi Robin,

Any step is a good step. I have started going to the gym while at work (military) as a woman as that is who I am. It was a bit of a shock and I still get a few WTF looks (a bit bigger than you average woman) but people are adjusting. The wig is quite bothersome though and make-up . . . well let's say it is a chore to keep it pristine.

Cheers

Marcelle

Rachael Leigh
10-10-2015, 07:24 PM
Don't go to the gym but workout at home so always wear ladies gym clothes, I even wear a sports bra.
Now I don't go to the gym but occasionally do go to the park for a walk and usually wear my ladies danceskin shorts and a ladies workout top. Usually no makeup but I enjoy my workouts at home or not.

Katey888
10-11-2015, 04:47 AM
That's a really positive attitude and approach Robin - good for you! :cheer:

I am reminded of what you're doing by the old adage that goes something like...

Courage is not the absence of fear but the ability to take action and move forward in spite of its presence...

I see a lot of folk here who embody that principle. :D

Katey x