PDA

View Full Version : Confidence

countrygirl
10-10-2015, 06:09 PM
Hello Ladies,

Just got back from vacation. Unfortunately was in male mode expect for some underdressing. Got home and answered my door dressed somewhat. No wig and need to shave beard but none the less was padded and dressed no problem and my confidence went up. Now just need to get beard shaved and wig on and go out as Amanda. Oh well one step at a time. Just wanted to let y'all know.

Do y'all find it easier to go out with someone who is also crossdressed or is understanding?

docrobbysherry
10-11-2015, 12:55 AM
That depends on where I'm going, Amanda.

The T friend I usually go out with passes pretty well. I don't. When we go out to vanilla venues? I go out in drab, she dresses. Anmd, both of us r happy! I prefer to dress at T friendly venues. She doesn't care. Because that's no challenge for her.

On the rare ocvcasions when I do go out as Sherry to vanilla venues? She freaks more than the vanillas! So, I go out alone.:battingeyelashes:

To each their own!:D

Marcelle
10-11-2015, 06:14 AM
Hi Amanda,

Small steps can be a good way to build up your confidence for certain. Perhaps next time a shave and wig and trip out to your car and back . . . or a quick drive to get things rolling forward. The important thing to remember though it is not a race and you must be totally comfortable with yourself. When I first starting going out I had not made contact with others in the community but fortunately I had a few GG friends who went out with me . . . it did provide a nice support mechanism and made things easier.

Cheers

Marcelle

Beverley Sims
10-11-2015, 06:56 AM
Amanda,
It is sooo much easier to have company when you go out.

Being in a group spreads the attention of singling one person out adds to your support and lets you feel less vulnerable.

Launa
10-11-2015, 10:12 AM
Its good to go with someone for the first few times so you can get the hang of things. Get as much help as you can to look your best and then go for it.

Shelly Preston
10-11-2015, 03:15 PM
If you have a GG friend who is supportive and is happy to go with you its great.

Usually they will give you advice on presentation, especially if you ask. You also get the added bonus of it making people less likely to comment although you might still get a few funny looks until your confidence increases.

You will find before long you can get out on your own, but its more fun shopping with friends.

There are a few ladies (some from here) whose help was invaluable in building my confidence