PDA

View Full Version : Did something happen to make you cross dress or was it natural

baldy1
10-16-2015, 02:53 AM
Morning Ladies

I was wondering if your crossdressing was natural or did it just happen?

I can always remember when playing hide and seek, getting into a dress to hide amongst the clothes in the cupboard / wardrobe thinking i would blend in and couldn't be found or was it i just liked wearing the clothes that had a nice feeling and made me want to dress. But, for as long as i can remember from childhood i always wanted to dress, sit on the vanity sink wearing womens clothes and putting lipstick on looking around and seeing if i was being watched?

Thats my story whats your's

Julie

CourtneyBme
10-16-2015, 03:03 AM
For me it came natural. I never played dress up as a kid or anything like that. I'm glad it did though, life would be boring without CD'ing lol

mikeyp
10-16-2015, 03:11 AM
Um. The only memories that I can recall that maybe had something to do with my dressing was, when I was around 7 or 8 I was at a church camping trip. If someone at that camping trip misbehaved, they's be forced to wear a little blue dress for the rest of the trip. I honestly believe that sexual arousal comes well before the age of 11 or 12. Next, I remember reading the school dress code and it stating "no skirts shorter than x length allowed". The word "skirt" was always a trigger word to me, I had no idea why. I then realized I wanted to wear one.

I also recall wondering why my mother never wore dresses or skirts and trying on her pants at around age 11.My mother was very controlling and domineering though. She'd always be the one to kick my dad out of the house for the stupid stuff he did. She once forced my brother and I to sleep in trash together when we were around 8. She's a great mother now, but when I was a child, no way.

Of course, you can't be sure what "caused" your crossdressing.

Hell on Heels
10-16-2015, 03:49 AM
Hell-o Julie,
I never had any type of event in which I was forced, or asked, to dress in girls clothes.
The only thing that "happened" was that I found myself home alone, with my hands in Mom's
lingerie drawer! Then into her closet!
Much Love,
Kristyn

Janice An
10-16-2015, 04:47 AM
I believe it was always in me.
I seem to remember my first desire was at about 6-7 years old.
I was with my parents at a J C Penney store in the shoe department.
Looking at the girls shoes I knew wanted my own pair and wondered why I couldn't.
I was smart enough to know at the time it was a "Don't ask Don't tell" situation.

susan54
10-16-2015, 05:54 AM
I didn't wear any women's clothes until about 15. I have tried to analyse the causes but all I can come up with is something that happened quite a few years before that. A beautiful girl in school I was completely obsessed with was sent away to a residential school, and I fantasised about being with her, which I could only be if I was disguised as another schoolgirl. How my fees would be paid was overlooked in this. Now, 50 years later, I still never fantasise about BEING a woman, and just love looking good in womenswear and the physical sensation of wearing these clothes and being good at acting as a woman. I have no problems with anyone knowing I am a man when I am out dressed. I would much rather be complimented on how good I look in an outfit than by how convincing I look like a woman. I still likke getting compliments on the standard of my acting as a woman - but the critical thing here is that it is ACTING. This seems to put me in a minority on this site.

KARI AN
10-16-2015, 06:15 AM
It is so natural always done it and my feelings since I was very young have been female. If it was in todays society I believe I would be changing gender

Sandra119
10-16-2015, 06:31 AM
It was more natural for me I just saw some of my sisters clothes and I like them better than my clothes they felt better on that's when I started crossdressing I was about 10 years old

Angela Marie
10-16-2015, 06:49 AM
It was just natural for me. Trying on my mothers tights. The rest is history lol.

BLUE ORCHID
10-16-2015, 07:03 AM
Hi Julie, I guess that it was just natural for me as I've been in this program for over 68yrs. :daydreaming:

pamela7
10-16-2015, 07:05 AM
You're asking a question to which many of us would like to know the answer, Julie.
Wearing panties was a fetish for me for like over a decade, and then one day, not really sure why, "meggings" came up in conversation with my SO, and suddenly the CD bloomed, age 54, go figure.

audreyinalbany
10-16-2015, 07:12 AM
nope, no big traumatic event, just a natural four-year-old's curiosity

Meghan4now
10-16-2015, 07:38 AM
Ah, I remember it well. I was out back, chopping wood, scratching myself, minding my own business, when all of a sudden, out of nowhere a big pink and purple orb of energy appeared. It came toward me. I dropped the ax and ran. It was too fast. It enveloped me. As I screamed, I noticed my pitch change. I fell and passed out.

When I came to, my jeans had been transformed from wrangler tough skins to Chic brand skinny jeans. My underware had been changed from BVDS to Calvin Klein french cut. My flannel shirt had changed to a fuchsia angora sweater, and my hiking boot had changed into knee high slouch boots with a 3 inch heel. My chest felt constricted, but as it turned out, my t-shirt had turned into a cute lace lined playtex bra. And I've never been the same since.

No, I still remember borrowing my sisters panties and bra back in grade school. Can't really even remember what grade, 6th or 7th? A bit more in high school. Then late in college once or twice I wore some of my girlfriends stuff. Then periodically throughout my adult life. Once the internet hit, I read a LOT. Periodic dressing purging swearing it off, till about a year ago, after some personal changes, losses and age related milestones, I Finally said "What am I waiting for", and really shared more deeply with my spouse and stepped it up. Right now, I'm pretty happy, love going out, and am working it out with my wife fairly well.

Is it natural? I can't really say, but it feels more right than ever before.

Kate Simmons
10-16-2015, 07:41 AM
I always had a natural inclination to be in the "girl's club" so to speak. Ever since I can remember I wanted to just be one of the girls. When I was little I had a cowboy and a cowgirl figure. I used to pretend that the cowboy got transformed into the cowgirl by a Native American medicine man for punishment but the cowboy actually thought it was a reward. Those feelings were mine being projected onto the toys. Once also when I was younger I found a dress in a closet that just fit me. My Mother explained it was one my Uncle used once for trick or treating, so I put it on and went running around the neighborhood. The neighbor ladies thought it was cute and proceed to tell me I needed makeup and have my hair curled to make a cute girl. I just sat there eating it up. This really didn't start me though and when puberty came around the need for feminine expression only intensified. Basically I didn't need a reason to do it as it felt like a part of me. I eventually became the woman I wanted to be many times over. :)

Melody A
10-16-2015, 07:42 AM
Natural curiosity. I remember questioning, at a very early age, why girls could wear dresses and boys couldn't. I never got a solid answer.

Sarah-RT
10-16-2015, 09:01 AM
The earliest time I can remember anything I would have been 5 or 6 maybe and my mom put her lipstick on me, whether I asked "for a turn" I don't know but my guess is most likely. Roughly around the same age I started using my sisters lipstick because I had the desire to do so but didn't know why.

St. Eve
10-16-2015, 09:06 AM
Great thread. I feel in the company of kindred spirits.

By the time I was 10, I had worn my mom's entire wardrobe - way to much free time alone for a young boy...and no other females in the house.
As I explore my gender issues deeper in the last few months, I have realized there were many earlier times as young as 5 years old, where I just wanted to wear what my mom was wearing or know what the other little girls in class had on underneath their outside clothes. I developed a sexual fetish and intense sexual fantasy life which had some run over my life for decades (until about 7 years ago when I utilized a 12 step program for getting sober from lust.)
Today, I believe it was my way of trying to manage my gender fluidity or twin spirited nature.

On the other hand, the hows and whys of history become less important as I learn to accept and express my true twin spirited nature....yippee!!

Peace
EvaLyn

Krisi
10-16-2015, 09:15 AM
I suspect it was because my mother really wanted a daughter and dressed my in girl's baby clothes when nobody was around (she mentioned that in a booklet to the entire family before she died) and she used to make me wear dresses that she sewed for her nieces so she could mark the hems.

I don't remember the baby clothes of course, but I suspect she was nicer to me dressed as a girl than when she had to dress me as a boy.

rockerreds
10-16-2015, 09:23 AM
Natural!

BillieAnneJean
10-16-2015, 09:52 AM
I was out driving one night very late. It was a dark and stormy night. Friday the 13th as I recall. As I stopped at a stop sign (old fashioned concept isn't it?) there was a bright light ahead. It drew me in. I had no choice. I entered the shoe store and my life was forever altered. It was a close encounter of the shoe kind. I guess you could say I was pumped. More like Mary Jane'd.

Well actually I was captured by crossdressing as a result of trying to find a place for my beloved SO to have glamour photos taken. I found a place, the photos were fabulous, makeup, outfits, poses, background, the women looked FABULOUS. And there were videos of the photoshoots. I clicked on one .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...................................
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...................................
IT WAS GUYS!!!!!!!!
And (where did this come from???????) it looked like FUN!

That was three years ago just about exactly and I haven't stopped yet. Still having FUN!

Charlotte_P
10-16-2015, 09:55 AM
Yes was totally natural, like most here, curious and into moms things at an early age. I do recall watching a show around the age of 7 or 8 where they were discussing gender reassignment surgery and I was totally captivated by that.

My older sister did dress me up in tutu once as many big sisters do to torture their little brothers, but she didn't realize how much I actually liked it, and how her lingerie drawer became my favorite place to try stuff on a few years later.

Charlotte

mikeyp
10-16-2015, 10:00 AM
Oh god. I also remember seeing a show about GRS when I was about 9 or 10. I was completely fascinated by transsexuals, but I never could and still can't put my finger on why. It wasn't like a "that's me!" moment. It was more of an erotic feeling. I was captivated.

Government mind control!!!! jk and oh god, the tutus. I'm still obsessed with tutus. The ultimate "girly" item. My ultimate weakness. Me in a tutu, or a chick in a tutu and some heels. Kills me every time.

Stephanie47
10-16-2015, 10:11 AM
I don't think there is a singular event that will cause a man to dress in women's clothing as a lifetime activity. I was never forced to wear girls' clothing as a kid. My kid sister was born a decade after I was born. The only thing that would possibly been an influence on me was my mother's nylon slips. We lived in an apartment. We had a washing machine, but, no dryer. Mom hanged the slips to dry in the bathroom and on a clothes line strung down the hallway. I was always fascinated with the feel of the nylon. The material was unlike anything I wore. The feel was so silky. I use to caress the material with my hands. After awhile I was able to take the chance and try them on when in the bathroom. I loved the feel. I had no desire to be a girl or a woman and never have had the desire. It took several years for me to get into my mother's lingerie draw and then try on one of her sun dresses. When my sexual identity became developed.....fully heterosexual.... trying on her clothing lead to self loathing. After each dress up session I was disgusted with myself and very confused. Back in the 1950's and 1960's only homosexual men wore dresses or that's what society promoted.

I would say there must be some inner genetic component that would cause a man to continually dress in the clothing of a woman, let alone done wigs and makeup. Or at least during early years developing sexual identity there was some psychological event(s) that nurtured a predisposition towards cross dressing.

I think nobody will ever know the reason for cross dressing for any particular individual. What makes a person abuse drugs? Or alcohol? To escape reality? Cross dressing may be a way to avoid the stresses of life for a short time. I know I feel a sense of serenity when I am en femme. I stopped trying to figure it out decades ago.

Jennypowers
10-16-2015, 10:19 AM
My CD was natural. It started as a fetish thing around 14, wearing moms panties and becoming aroused. Now it's different and new to me I just told my wife a couple months ago and lucky for me she supports me. I really enjoy being a man but just as much enjoy presenting as a women from time to time.

Brandy Mathews
10-16-2015, 10:26 AM
I think that my story is alot more complicated then that. But yes, I think that I started dressing because of what happened in my life when I was young. But, I think that it has made me a better person too.
Bree :)

Jazzy Jaz
10-16-2015, 12:13 PM
O-Natural!

JoanneB
10-16-2015, 12:35 PM
It just came natural for me. At a very early age, I took some of my mother's lingerie and wore them when I was alone in the house.

Cheryl T
10-16-2015, 12:59 PM
It was simply a natural thing to do.
One day I tried on my mom's panties and that was that. I knew then that this was something deep inside me that needed expression.

Teri Ray
10-16-2015, 01:06 PM
Another natural girl here. But I do enjoy the stories where aliens made us crossdress.

wendy
10-16-2015, 01:07 PM
Natural and curiousity.

When I was around 5, I would go home after school (latch key kid, don't see those anymore ! :) ). I would watch tv until my parents came home from work, usually 30-40 min. My mom would hang her panties in the bathroom, and out of curiousity I would feel them and noticed that they were much softer and smoother than my underwear. Eventually I tried them on, and the rest was history.

Dana44
10-16-2015, 01:25 PM
For me, well I'm a DES kid and as long as I can remember I switched from male to female. As a kid growing up there was no way to explain it to parents or anybody else. Cause your a boy period and THEN A MAN PERIOD. Well it took me time to find out what I was. In the mean time when I was female I would crossdress. That came about naturally. My high male female switches caused me to go through a lot of women. I'm pretty amazed that I have one now that tries to let me be me.

Nadine Spirit
10-16-2015, 01:27 PM
My cross dressing was a conscious decision I made somewhere around 20 years old. Before then I had never dressed in women's clothes (well there was the one jean jacket I took from my sister when I was in middle school.) My gender variances were behavior and choices related and have been present as long back as I can track. There was never anything that caused any of them, they were just things I liked.

cdterri
10-16-2015, 01:28 PM
Natural I would guess. Around the age of five I found a bag of girls clothing in an unused closet. I'll never know why but for whatever reason I was drawn to a little blue cotton dress. After trying it on I was hooked. Have been wearing dresses ever since. They just feel right.

LydiaL
10-16-2015, 01:49 PM
Came to me naturally. Never was a macho boy or man and have explored my feminine side since a teen. While not full-time, I now dress very often. My favorite time.

CynthiaD
10-16-2015, 02:05 PM
Totally natural. As a child I always wanted to have pretty dresses like all the other girls.

brynnewilliams
10-16-2015, 02:16 PM
I never dressed fully until my mid 20s. Up til then all I ever was interested in was wearing pantyhose, which I had snuck and worn since as far back as I can remember. One day I thought I'd try going all the way with pantyhose and one of my girlfriends dresses and the rest was history. The feeling of nylons on lace and nylons in strappy stilettos was/is the most wonderful feeling ever.

NicoleScott
10-16-2015, 03:12 PM
If it was just natural, why did we first do it behind a closed and locked door?

Karen RHT
10-16-2015, 03:39 PM
Some of us didn't do it first behind a closed and locked door. I for one first dressed at Halloween, and thought of it as nothing more than a costume. A year later, I did it again, but this time, I discovered something was "different." It wasn't until my mom suggested nicely that it would be best that I didn't do it again, that I started dressing behind closed doors.

Karen

paulaprimo
10-16-2015, 03:47 PM
must be natural for me too. my problems stem from dressing as a guy! ;)

mikeyp
10-16-2015, 03:57 PM

I'm going to say yes and no to it being natural. Yes, because there are sexual energies involved for some and no because if it was natural, we'd be wearing women's clothing from the get go.

I think what happens is the sexual energy eventually becomes an attachment. Even when the sex drive starts to die off from CDing, it's almost like you're married to it. There was great sex in the beginning, but after the sexual aspect of the relationship dies off, there's still love there.

Fetishes, no matter what they seem to be, can take on a life of their own. It seems to be a common theme among the ABDL/CDing/Sissy communities. I've also read about CDing being a behavioral addiction when there are sexual components involved and like any addiction, it can be broken, but it'll be extremely hard and you'll always want to come back. Well, it won't kill you, and you eventually learn to live without it. The question is, why quit? I guess if something takes up a huge chunk of your time and energy it's time to drop it, but otherwise?

AllieBellema
10-16-2015, 04:01 PM
I'd say it was natural for me. Can't remember the exact moment, but I think it was when I saw my grandmother watching Gone With The Wind and the dresses in that movie caught my eye. Then I started looking at the southern belle style dresses online when I got the internet. Eventually, I was able to get myself a dress ordered one halloween while I was still in HS. When I got it and tried it all on for the first time, I knew it was just right.

Nadine Spirit
10-16-2015, 04:18 PM

Yeah, nope. Not me. I really don't fit many of your theories. Interesting how you like to group all of us together. We aren't all like you.

Tina_gm
10-16-2015, 05:13 PM
Natural pretty much. While I now look back at my early childhood I see there were things about me that was evident of what was to come, I did not consciously recognize it. My 1st real moment came in a bar- I was 17 at the time, in between my junior and senior year in HS. I had had a few beers, but wasn't wasted. I saw this college girl, and at 1st it was sort of an attraction kinda thing, like any other girl I had ever been attracted to up to that time. Well, slightly drunk me decided to get closer to her. But as I did, suddenly a weird sensation of wanting to be her instead of wanting to be with her took over me. Scared me to no end. I blamed it on the alcohol, and went home.

When school started again in the fall, the feelings began happening again. I tried and tried to shake them off. I remember one time at a pep rally, and suddenly wishing I was a cheerleader. All the other guys wanted to be with one, I wanted to be one!. I never acted on any of it though, until just after I got out of the air force. My 1st time wearing a girls clothes I was seeing and living with her at the time. Scared, excited, repulsed, confused. All felt simultaneously. Over the years, on a few occasions, I found a way to wear women's clothes, but mostly just went to war against my feminine side, repressing it as much as I could.

Then, in late 2012, had recently remarried, I gave up the fight. I found myself dressing in my wife's clothes more and more. I knew eventually I would get caught one way or another. I was feeling horribly guilty for living a lie and sneeking behind her back wearing her clothes. By then, I had discovered I was not the only male who liked to wear women's clothes yet still attracted to women. I had become convinced.... ok, more convinced that I was not some freak, and I was not a sick psycho. I wasn't hurting anyone. I tried easing into it with my wife, sort of droping hints, but she really wasn't picking up on it all that much. Well, one comment too far and the convo started.

It is natural- I have always had feminine tendencies now that I look back at my early childhood. Because I had no sisters and not the best relationship with my mother, never bonded well with her, I believe I did not experience what many do earlier. Had I had sisters or a better relationship with my mother I believe it would have happened sooner.

Valery L
10-16-2015, 05:50 PM
Yes, something happened, I was raised as a girl until my 10th birthday.

Nancy Sue
10-16-2015, 06:07 PM
For me, well I'm a DES kid and as long as I can remember I switched from male to female. As a kid growing up there was no way to explain it to parents or anybody else. Cause you are a boy, period and THEN A MAN, PERIOD. Well it took me time to find out what I was. In the mean time when I was female I would crossdress. That came about naturally. My high male female switches caused me to go through a lot of women. I'm pretty amazed that I have one now that tries to let me be me.

Thank you for your honesty and openness, Dana. Because for some of us, including you and I, there "could" be a medical quotient that is not often realized or acknowledged.

Add to it that my mother dressed and raised me as a girl until I started school (which I have discussed in a previous post, check my activity if you want to read it). All the family photos of me in my first five or so years are as a girl, though I did not realize that until much later. As far back as I remember I always wanted to be a girl, and wear girl clothes. I was not allowed to do so (openly) after I "became a boy".

And like Stephanie, my mother washed and hung her slips and panties on a rack in the bathroom, and I remember seeing, and touching, them, and wondering why boys could not wear such nice things. All we got was ugly, uncomfortable, heavy, scratchy cotton underwear. Drab jeans and dark flannel shirts instead of pretty dresses, skirts and tops.

After I "became a boy" I was taught that boys wear and do "these" things, and girls wear and do "those" things, and you don't mix them. I did, but it was always a struggle. It would have been nice if my folks had "come clean" ("come out"?) and told me the whole story earlier, so I would not have had the struggle I have had to "fill in the story". In recent years I learned that it was causing me great stress to continue to fight against wearing what I like, what I am drawn to, what is comfortable for me, and allowing myself to be who I feel I am. Doctors say stress is one of the main causes of many health risks (among them obesity, high blood pressure and heart issues), and I am definitely less stressed now than I was five or more years ago.

But back to the question - yes, there were "events" in my life that started this, but also it "came naturally". But either way, that does not mean it has not been a struggle at times.

Nancy

baldy1
10-17-2015, 01:49 AM
ladies thank you for all the replies having read all the replies it seems the consensis is we are all natural. So if questioned about your dressing when dressed just tell them its natural.

Thank You

Julie

Teresa
10-17-2015, 02:53 AM
Julie,
Every time a thread like this appears, I always feel the odd one out ! I posed the question in a thread a while ago asking if others had the inner feelings I described and from an early age.
Perhaps Mikeyp goes some way to answering the question !
To help with my counselling I made a gender chart to try and place myself on the gender line, I realised when I completed it that to make sense of the various stages I needed to write down how it started for me. I also described the long term dreams I was having at the time , I never fully understood them so I asked my counsellor her thoughts on them. She said it was an inner conflict between my male side and female sides, my male side just predominates buy it's a lose run thing.

I think the best thing I can do is start a new thread containing how it all started and describe the associated dreams.

Robyn2006
10-17-2015, 04:58 AM
It came quite natural for me. I always knew I was not one of the boys, hated sports and all that stuff I was supposed to like. When into my teens, all came together, though quite frightfully. Reaching privately for all my mother's and sister's things took me to another place, a place where I finally felt at peace with who I was. Maddening that such contentment also found me in a world of fear that I'd be caught, ridiculed...

Michelle 78
10-17-2015, 05:05 AM
It was natural to me too, I liked to play sports a lot and boys things but there as always been the girl side there too. I first tried my Mothers clothes at the age of 8 and never looked back.

Andrea_cd
10-17-2015, 05:22 AM
Since day 1 always loved girls clothes , be with me till i check out as well

Diedre
10-17-2015, 06:21 AM
My mother took in sewing and did alterations for extra income. She often used me as the dress form when I was 12 - 14. Once it became obvious I was enjoying getting dressed too much my mother found a dress form at a second hand shop. But by then I was hooked.

BethanyCross
10-17-2015, 06:37 AM
I started on my own around age six. I do know that when was a toddler my mother dressed me as a girl for Halloween. I do not remember that, but I have always wondered if the attention I received from that event was the spark that ignited my crossdressing.

Robyn2006
10-17-2015, 04:07 PM

Gee, I don't know. Maybe because our parent's would have gone through the roof, or that we would have been alienated at school and become a social outcast. Yeah, just what any kid would want.

Diane Smith
10-17-2015, 10:41 PM
There was no specific trigger for me. My mom helped by occasionally letting me wear earrings and a little makeup, but she didn't force me to, and was only responding to my innate interest when she did it. By the age of five I was completely hooked on dresses and high heels and media images of women wearing them, but didn't yet have the means to do much about it. It's escalated ever since.

- Diane

T. Fonda
10-17-2015, 10:44 PM
My earliest memory is getting a pair of pantyhose from my mom before I was in kindergarten. I don't remember asking for them. Anyhow I wore them all around the house. It was a vet natural thing for me. I was devastated when a shot while later she took them away and told me only girls west pantyhose.

Princess Lexi
10-17-2015, 10:54 PM
I was born with mine as far as I can remember I've been fascinated with the female body and the clothing made for them and not just in a sexual way intact the arousal is just an added bonus, when I was 13 I began to steal my sister's clothing

Ozark
10-17-2015, 11:56 PM
It was simply a natural thing to do.
One day I tried on my mom's panties and that was that. I knew then that this was something deep inside me that needed expression.
That's the key there, CherylT....what was it that made us WANT to try on Mom's panties in the first place? Where did that thought come from?

If I could figure that out....I am so fortunate to have a supportive SO for when I have those deep introspective thoughts.

sometimes_miss
10-18-2015, 12:03 AM
Of course, you can't be sure what "caused" your crossdressing.
Oh, I don't know about that. I'm pretty sure I do know. Though it did take me a long time to put it all together.

Well, you did ask. Condensed version:
I was a normal boy. Until......I was molested, started after first grade. The guy convinced me that god made a mistake, and that I was really supposed to have been born a girl. he was my only friend (yeah, right, but what did I know). He would dress me up in his sisters clothes. Taught me to have sex with him like a girl does. Told me it would remain our little secret. Went on regularly, sometimes every day for months at a time. His favorite outfits to dress me up in? Cheerleader, schoolgirl uniform, and a girls sailor dress (coincidently also my favorite outfits to this day. Hmmmmmm). At home, I would take my sister's old clothes and try them on, learn how to wear girl stuff. Became a habit. A few years later, when he started getting involved with real girls, well I felt I was losing my only friend. I knew how to get him back. Dress up as a girl for him and offer myself to him. Of course that was easier for him than all the trouble real girls made him go through so that went on for a few more years until high school, but the difference was, now I was initiating my transformation into being his girlfriend. Now, I really believed him when he told me that if I was good, and learned how to be a good girl, then god would fix me. So I expected to turn into a girl around jr high when all the other girls were growing breasts, etc.. And of course I had convinced myself that I was supposed to be a girl too, because of course as I got better and better at being a girl, it just made sense. Then, as I didn't reach puberty until I was 17, throughout high school I was a mess. I didn't know what I was. I felt like I was really a girl, felt like I should behave that way (after all, I was basically someone's girlfriend for 7 years). I wasn't developing into a man or a woman. i thought god had forgotten about me. So I just continued what i was doing, and waited. And waited. Waited for god to do something that would tell me what I was going to be. As I learned about homosexuality, at first I thought that I must be gay. But it didn't quite fit, because the weird part was, I wasn't attracted to boys. Then I thought I might be transsexual (news of Christine Jorgensen had been public for a few years). But that was before we knew that gender and who we are attracted to were different things, so that didn't make sense to me either. And so it went: Whenever no one was home, I'd dress up in my sister's clothes, do my hair like a girl, borrow some make up from her table, and read her girl magazines and pretend to be a girl. Of course, all this constantly going on during the years that my personality was developing, something was bound to 'stick'. And so it did. Puberty finally came around, and of course I remained a boy, then a man. But 40 years later I still feel like I'm waiting to become a high school girl, waiting for that life to start. I still feel like I'm supposed to wear clothes appropriate for a girl of that age. And I still feel like I'm supposed to behave intimately and sexually as a girl does. But funny, even going all the way back to grade school, I was always attracted to girls, even while feeling like I was one at the same time. That hasn't changed, either. I did learn how to act like a normal man, but, it's always an act, like I'm acting the role of a man even though I'm not feeling like one. So at home, I simply be myself: My 14 year old, girl, self. Still waiting.... If you want the long version with more influences that affected me, click the link in my sig. It's about a ten minute read on how to turn a normal boy into a TG/CD, no genetics required.

Tracii G
10-18-2015, 12:48 AM
Growing up until I was about 7 when things changed.
85% of my friends were girls in the neighborhood so we always played together. I liked what they liked.
When I was 16 my GF's dressed me up in girl mode and I went to the senior prom as a dare and to play a joke on the football captain.A very long story I have shared here before.
Their Mother drove us there and picked us up after.
Very much enjoyed being a girl all night with my besties.
I never dressed again until my kids were grown and on their own.
Always felt my gender was wrong but didn't know anything about TG ism until I came here.

DMichele
10-18-2015, 08:11 AM
Upon reflecting on the origin of my desire to wear girl’s clothing, I believe it occurred when I was about 9 or 10 years old. My older sister had entered junior high school and her wardrobe started to expand, including more feminine attire such as dresses, skirts, blouses, bras, slips, nylons, high heels, et al. Also, she excelled in sports and seemed to get a lot of attention about her athletic successes.

Meanwhile, I was a very slender kid, and not very good at sports although I went out for several – I was mediocre at best. The difference between us in athletic ability was day and night. I wanted to be more like my sister.

So one day I ventured into her room, donning some lingerie and stockings, etc. I was hooked. I believe this was the event that triggered me journey to who I am today - a transgender woman.

lisagurl
10-18-2015, 09:25 AM
when i was 8 or 9 or so my aunt dressed me as a girl just goofing, i mean huge pocket book silly huge shoes, then when i went home i borrowed my step moms stuff and started on my own :)

Princess Lexi
10-18-2015, 10:00 AM
What a delight it is to read all these familiar stories

laura.lapinski
10-18-2015, 10:16 AM
The "something" that happened, I believe, was that it was related to sexual pleasure. I believe I somehow discovered that certain things felt good at a very, very young age. Because I grew up in a family where my father had a temper and would get very frustrated and yell at my mother and my siblings and me, it caused me a lot of stress. I think I used fantasy as a stress reliever, and it became a pattern for me. I remember at a young age fantasizing what it would feel like to wear women's underwear. But, it wasn't until age 12 or 13 that I slipped into my cousins one-piece bathing suit that was hanging in the bathroom. It was a wonderful feeling. Those were my beginnings. It wasn't until I was able to share my experiences on this site that, and read a lot of books that I understood I wasn't alone and also why I do this.

TrishaTX
10-18-2015, 10:35 AM
Well, you did ask. Condensed version:
I was a normal boy. Until......I was molested, started after first grade. I cannot say I have the exact same story but it is pretty close...I also read your 10 minute review.....tough life to be sure...I wish you well.

Glendy
10-18-2015, 11:13 AM
For me I think I was about 13 when I saw my older sister wearing a see-through night dolly. I though to myself I wounder what I would look like if I would put that on and when I did get a chance to wear it I felt sexy and I got a sexual thrill. After that I started to wounder how I would look like if I had a female body too. I kept dressing, that is trying on my sister's panties and bras on and off foe about a year or so. Then it stopped when I got into dating girls. I never got the urge again or thought about it until one day a couple of years ago it hit me all of a sudden and I don't know why it happen, but I just got the urge to by a pair of women high heel shoes. After that it went to panties, bras. As of today I have everything it takes for me to look female. I also told my SO about my crossdressing and she is OK with it as long as I don't dress every day and that none of our family finds out. At first I thought that something was wrong with me for feeling like this, but after I found this sight and found that there were others like me with the same feelings I knew that I was OK to feel like this. Now I am comfortable with myself and I wouldn't ever want my crossdressing feeling to go away. I just love the way I look and feel when I'm all dressed and looking like a female. I still like being male, but just enjoy wearing female clothes.

Princess Lexi
10-18-2015, 11:37 AM
I want to reiterate my earlier comments didn't mean to be insensitive to those who started for a traumatic reason my heart goes out to you can't imagine the horror. Though I do hope you enjoy dressing as much as I do there is no better feeling

Ozark
10-18-2015, 11:42 AM
I first posted this in December 2007--- Sonce then, my Mother has passed over to the other side.

My mother is now 79 years old and lives in a house my wife and I bought for her that is two doors down from us.

She is still a wonderful lady, getting older and just got her 25 year pin from AA. When I was growing up, I never knew she drank. I just thought that everyone occasionally found their mother passed out at the kitchen table with a half empty bottle of scotch. I'm much better now, thank you.

I was around 9 years old.

My 15 year old cousin had moved in with us. It was a sad story, her mother had died, her father remarried, the typical wicked step mother, car wreck, her father died and the step mother went into a nursing home. My grandmother said to send her to our house, we got so many kids another one won't make much of a difference. So she moved in with us.

Somehow in my 9 year old mind, I thought she (the cousin) was getting favorable treatment from my parents. I wanted to get the same kind of treatment.

For some reason that 9 year old mind also concluded that if I wore her clothes, my parents and grandparents would shower me with affection also.

I put on a pair of her yellow big panties (this was about 1958) and a pair of her side zip jeans and a sleevless white camp shirt. Nobody even noticed. (In retrospect I don't see how they could not have known, but they didn't say anything to me at the time.) I went upstairs and took the clothes off. Those panties did something to me.

One time when my parents went on a trip and the cousin was in charge of us. She was downstairs reading a book. I got on a pair of her panties and crawled into her bed. (In our house it was scandalous to sleep in anything but pajamas or a nightgown.)

The cousin came upstairs and turned on the light in her bedroom and saw me in her bed. I feigned being asleep. She came over and ever so gently lifted up the covers and saw me in her panties. The covers came back down, she turned out the light and went and got into my bed.

After a while, I went into my bedroom in just her panties. She was in my bed reading a book. I told her I was scared and wanted someone to hold me. She looked at me and told me to go back to bed and hold myself.

The episode was never mentioned again.

She eventually went away to college.

Fast forward about 5 or 6 years. I had developed a bedwetting problem. Wet beds and wet sheets were a real bummer.

My father insisted I was just to d*** lazy to get out of the bed to go to the bathroom. Lots of tears, spankings and wet pajamas. My mother eventually bought me several pairs of 'stay dry' incontinent pants that I was to wear under my pajamas. I was both embarassed and excited about them at the same time.

My father had remodeled our basement and turned it into a bedroom. I was down there by myself, had a tv and radio and my school desk where I did my homework.

I had progressed to buying my own panties by this time.---this was before walmart and kmart. Went to Kresgee's or Woolworths to get them.

One night I was in bed in a just a pair of panties.

My mother came downstairs to kiss me goodnight. My pajamas were lying on my desk, along with some laundry she had told me to put away earlier in the day.

She told me to get out of bed and put away the laundry like she had told me to do. I told her no, could I do it in the morning, I was tired.

Mother insisted I do as she told me to do. Then she saw my pajamas and wanted to know why I didn't have them on and did I have on my 'protection' (That was our code word for the incontinent pants and diapers I wore to bed....we would NEVER call them by their real names, only by protection.)

Mother than told me to get out of bed right now. I refused. She reached down to pull my covers off of me and I blurted out, "Mom, I'm naked!"

She went over to my desk and picked up my pajama bottoms, gave them to me and told me put them on and put away the laundry.

I put the bottoms on over my panties while still under the covers and got out of bed and started to put away my laundry. She then insisted I wear protection to bed and I was always to wear protection and pajamas to bed. Nice people didn't sleep without pajamas.

She then swatted my butt. She must have been able to tell I had something on under my pajamas because she pulled out the waistband and asked me what I was wearing.

I started crying. I told her it wasn't fair, I hated wearing protection, I hated having to wear big white briefs (JC Penny double seats--wish I had some now..she bought them for me) that looked like diapers, I hated wearing diapers to bed and I liked how these underpants felt. I told her I had bought them thinking they were boy's bikini underpants.

She hugged me and said she understood how I felt. But until I outgrew the bedwetting it was so much easier on her to have me wear protection. It was too much trouble to have to laundry everyday--we didn't have a dryer- and to wipe my face and put on my protection and go to bed.

And she stood there. I didn't know what I was supposed to do. I was too embarassed to pull of my pajama pants and have my mother see me in panties. I had only occasionally put on my protection in front of her, never in front of my father.

Finally I said the heck with it, sat on the bed and took of my pajama bottoms. I then walked over to my desk in my panties and turned my back, took off the panties and pulled on my protection.

This was very exciting to me and I didn't know why.

I started to get back into bed and my mother asked if I was forgetting something. I started to put on the pajama bottoms. No, my mother said, finish putting away the laundry.

I put away the laundry in my chest of drawers just wearing my protection. I was so embarassed and excited at the same time and didn't know why.

When I was done, my mother came over and kissed me and said, 'don't forget your pajamas." and went out the door and turned out the light.

Oh man, I knew I was in trouble. Not only was I a bedwetter, but my Mom had found out I wear panties. And she was probably going to tell my dad. I worried about that until I fell asleep. I think I cried myself to sleep that night. I wished I had on panties instead of protection.

The next day when I got home from school, I was in my basement room lying on my bed watching TV. My mom came downstairs with a bag from Sears.

She sat on my bed and said she loved me and was so proud of me for being a nice young man. She told me she was sorry that I struggled so much. She knew I was a good kid. Things will get better she said. Then, as she leaned over and hugged me, she said, "I understand boys need their privacy," and handed me the bag. "These are for you", she said.

Somehow I knew I had the upper hand. I just laid there and didn't return her hug or take the bag. She got up, left the bag on my bed, said supper will be ready when your father gets home and went upstairs. At the top of the stairs, she turned and said to me, "I am not going to mention this to your father."

After a while, I looked in the bag. There was a package of panties from Sear's. Three pair, blue, yellow and white.

Petra1
10-18-2015, 11:48 AM
For me, I think it was an off-shoot of my fascination/obsession with breasts. The dressing started when I was about 12 or 13. (I remember choosing to stay home alone while the family went on weekend camping trips just so I could dress.). It started with just rolling up towels and shoving them in one of mom's bras. I wanted to know what it felt like to have them. Still do. The rest just happened naturally. Each step along the way wondering, "What would it be like to...". I still come across scenarios that I wonder, "What would it feel like to...change the oil on the car?....mow the lawn?....exercise?...go through a fast food drive-thru? You get the idea. All of these things I have done just wearing a bra filled with water balloons under my drab clothes. Do you know how difficult it is to hide a 44DDD chest when you're drab?

Before all of this, I don't have memory of having dressed, or being forced to, for any reason.

Laurana
10-18-2015, 01:29 PM
For me it was just a natural progression that started purely by accident. I'll skip over my younger days as I don't think it is really part of it. I started off buying a couple pairs of panties. Then I figured I'd try bra/pantie combo. After seeing how I looked like that I bought some thigh high stoking and a garter. Then I started hitting the thrift stores to find nightwear and lingerie. Clothes and makeup came after that. So what started as just liking how my butt looked in panties has grown into what it is today.

adrienner99
10-19-2015, 08:48 AM
I was about six when my mother caught me in one of her dresses. She laughed it off and we never mentioned it. Later, at about 10, I became more secretive. I faked being sick to stay home from school. I would raid my mother's closet and vanity. I wore her yellow satin evening gown, black patent pumps with three inch heels, and her Revlon Cherries in the Snow lipstick. I don't know what drove me to put on her dress that first time or continue to wear her other things in secret. I don't know why I dress now. I only know it feels right. When dressed, I feel "this is me. This is who I am...."

Robin414
10-19-2015, 09:55 PM
I was driving a convertible behind a truck with a big radioactive hazard sign that started splashing glowing pink stuff all over me, damn I thought...now I'm gonna need a new wardrobe 😠

I prescribe to the the 'block universe' theory myself so whatever it was 'or wasn't' I'm gonna say it was natural 😊

Adriana Moretti
10-20-2015, 12:39 AM
I accidentally "found" my cousins ballerina costume in my grandmothers closet when I was like 6 or 7 ....does that count as "something happened".....or could it be the fact I tried it on ?..........and I liked it ?

Susan Thomas
10-20-2015, 01:28 AM
I have shared my story several times, but here it is . . . . . . We were on vacation in Canada and my aunt and uncle thought it would be a good idea to put a bra on their ten year old nephew. I remember being quite upset as they held me down and put on the bra. It was ironic that years later, my aunt sent me a photo on me laying on the ground with the bra on. I look quite upset, with tears streaming down my cheeks. After we returned home from vacation, I found myself drawn to my sisters underwear drawer. I started wearing her panties under my clothing. One day I was trying on her one-piece swimming suit and my mom returned early from grocery shopping. She started yelling at me and asking me I wanted to be a girl. I should have said yes! Anyway, she put the fear in me, because I didn't crossdress again until I was 22 years old. I remember it so clearly. I was having a shower at my in-laws and I noticed my mother-in-law's pantyhose hanging on the towel rack. The next thing I know, I am pulling up the pantyhose around my torso. I would guess that being forced to wear the bra so many years ago is
why I am wearing a bra and panties as I write this entry. Sometime I wonder if I would have ever taken that first step if it had not been for my Canadian aunt? Any thoughts?

Taragirl427
10-20-2015, 07:10 AM
Definitely a natural occurrence for me. I was so young when it started that I really can't remember why or exactly when. I was in early elementary school. I grew up in a really masculine household but I was always a different little boy and have had to try overly hard to learn how to act like a boy...it didnt come naturally really. I tend to think that in different circumstances I probably would have been really effeminate and probably transitioned when I was younger.

Lorna
10-20-2015, 12:08 PM
I had no brothers or sisters and knew almost nothing of what differentiated boys from girls - except clothing. This was back in the 1950s. I became more aware of girls when I entered my teens and especially when I began to notice how they changed from "little girl clothes" into more adult attire. I was fascinated by the girls I saw on their way to school - the same age as me - as one-by-one they started to wear nylons instead of white or grey socks. Of course I knew my mother wore stockings and a girdle to hold them up - but I really didn't know about younger girls. What little information I had came from seeing women's magazines - we didn't even have mail-order catlogues at home.
One day I saw out of the corner of my eye a small group of girls waiting for their train just along the platform from me. They were obviously discussing their clothing because one of them lifted the hem of her school dress apparently to show the others either her stockings or her suspenders. It was only momentary but it set me wondering what it might feel like to wear nylon stockings. That day, when I arrived home from school to an empty house I took a pair of nylons from my mother's drawer and put them on. They felt good. Gradually, over the next few weeks I experimented further, first holding the stockings up with elastic bands, then putting on one of my mother's flared skirts. It was wonderful to feel the freedom of a skirt and the smoothness of the nylons. Unfortunately I didn't have access to the sort of suspender belts or roll-ons that those girls probably wore but curiosity got the better of me and I tried on a girdle. It was too big for me but tight enough to allow me to attach stockings so that, for the first time, I could experience just a little of what it was like to be a young girl.
I loved it. When I began to go out with girls I took a great interest in what they wore, especially the undewear and that, to some extent, satisfied my curiosity. Much later on, when I was working and could afford it, I was able to buy my own underwear of a more appropriate size and began to more closely experience what it must have been like for those girls. I could finally understand what they meant when they complained about a tight belt or girdle, uncomfortable bra straps, twisted nylons, nuisance suspenders, etc, etc. I also knew what it felt like to have the gentle, soft outer clothing of a woman but with what one of my girlfriends called "all this paraphernalia" underneath. Wonderful. It seemed natural to me.

Robin414
10-20-2015, 09:21 PM
... Sometime I wonder if I would have ever taken that first step if it had not been for my Canadian aunt? Any thoughts?

I always though the Russians did it (even have proof), must just be the climate ��

KatieV
10-21-2015, 09:48 AM
No doubt I am descended from a long line of crossdressers going back many centuries, it's in my blood and in my genes! I only wish they could speak for me now, they would surely say to those who look at me askance, "See, she is of our making, and we did so to ensure that our customs will not be lost. Accept her into your circle and treat her kindly, for her fate is not of her making."

debstar
10-21-2015, 10:03 AM
Natural... no supernatural force was influencing me - as far as I know.

Sindeycd
10-21-2015, 10:56 AM
I can go back as far as 2ed grade.I knew I was different in some way but never could figure it out(well adleast not way back then)I did have an early fetish toward legs (not to sound like a pervert or anything)And I'm not even going to go into all that.But the fetish did grow and I think it may have had some kind of bearing on what I am today.
I like so many others struggled through my teen years with feeling different I never really had to many Gf's when I was growing up and just had to go through all the stuff that I wasn't really ment for,such as getting married just to show that I was a guy and there wasn't anything wrong with me.I cant say that it was all a waste.I loved my EX and don't really have to much regrets but then on the other hand I look back on it and say what a waste of 10 years of my life!OMG if I only knew back then what I know today ,my life may be so different today.Anyway I went thru all of the stages I started wearing some of my moms things back when I was 15 or so and that went on on and off for many years.And then ALAST the internet came along!This is when I found that I wasn't so different.But it wasn't until I got my divorce that things really took off.I was now free to do as I wished and it all started by shaving my legs and facial hair(never to look back).
And to get back to the post I guess I would have to say a bit of both but more natural I believe.

Sindey

Vicky Peters
10-22-2015, 09:56 AM
It was an event, my aunt asked me to zip up the back of her dress. She was wearing a long line bra and a side zip girdle and my thought was how did she get into that. I found out as a teenager and still enjoy the thoughts and feelings now.

JillSierra
10-23-2015, 08:13 AM
Just a natural thang for me. Started at 5 or 6. Always in the closet, especially my sister's closets and I had four to chose from. Hmmmmmmm, could that be the reason?? Four sisters - naw! I like the extraterrestrial theory myself.

dana digs sweaters
10-23-2015, 09:01 AM
Being the only boy with 5 sisters, 3 older and a set of twins a year younger, there is No how, No way I was not going to end up in girl clothes somehow.
It was a fun time growing up with all of them :-)

fiona frisson
10-23-2015, 04:08 PM
Mentioned in an earlier thread that my cross dressing may have been triggered when I was 8 or 9; #1 a somewhat sadistic teacher (dominatrix ;-)) punished me for talking in class - put a paper skirton means and paraded me around the school(wasn't pleasant it was trauma)#2 the other one was more pleasant in the foyer of a theatre I got immersed in what seemed a sea of female nylon stocking and knee high (neck high for me) boots

rhonda
10-23-2015, 04:22 PM
Clothes encounters , it don't much to get addicted to wearing girly clothes

Hunter
10-23-2015, 08:34 PM
It's something that I've just wanted to do. I was for a while trying to make girl friends dress me up. In a truth or dare app I had, I would put dares likem:
swap clothes with the person next to you
team dare girls vs boys, dress up challenge.

We never hit those dares when we played. I wasn't lucky.

Robin777
10-24-2015, 08:16 PM
I can't really say what started me crossdressing. I remember as a child I liked looking at the women's and girls clothes in the catalogs.I was supposed to be picking out clothes for the next school year. Then one day when puberty hit, I discovered my mothers underwear when I was unloading the dryer. Then one day when I was home by myself, I started snooping in my mothers dresser and found stockings and a garter girdle. Then it went on from there. It just felt right.

BTW I still don't like shopping for men's clothes.

mmandy31
10-25-2015, 01:54 PM
i was natural as i was curious trying on a pair of my grans silk panties felt good started at the age of 12 and never looked back

MissBritney
10-25-2015, 02:09 PM
I have always been curious. Since I was 7 or 8 putting on my mom's clothes and doing my nails...i was caught and she was mad and my brothers laughing of course so i begin to be more careful and kept it to myself until lately starting to do it more

Mayo
10-26-2015, 02:25 PM
I have no idea - well, I have some speculations, but I think my path is somewhat atypical, at least relative to the other posts I've seen on this topic.

As a kid I didn't care much for sports in general (still don't) but did enjoy games like dodgeball and occasionally soccer and softball as well as running around in empty fields playing 'war' or 'capture the flag', so it wasn't that I was particularly 'girlish' or 'boyish' in my recreation choices. I never felt that my clothes were inappropriate and don't ever recall wanting to wear dresses or any such thing. I did have one incident at summer camp where I was borderline molested by my cabin-mates, being stripped and mocked, which may have made me insecure about my sexuality and therefore about dating (see below) but I can't say so for certain. In those years (between about ages 9 and 12) I was often bullied by older boys and I think I just saw this particular incident as more of the same thing. One year, to escape the regular bullying at school, I would often go to the local library down the street and read everything I could about sex, but apart from making me more curious about the topic in general I don't recall having any thoughts related to gender identity. Somewhere around the same age I remember trying on my mother's bra & panties on a couple of occasions but it was just one of the pseudo-sexual exploratory things I did around that age and it didn't seem particularly fascinating to me at the time.

I was generally shy and bookish overall and was as happy to be alone as with friends. I enjoyed some sex play with a few girls in the neighbourhood, and later my best male friend, but my orientation was more hetero than not. In my teens my shyness inhibited me from dating and, though I had a number of good male friends, I also felt quite at ease around girls and enjoyed their company. At some point I began thinking that my life would have been different if I had been a girl, particularly in the realm of dating. From there I concluded that, if I'd been offered the choice at birth, I would have made the decision to be a girl. I didn't actually feel that I was a girl, only that somehow I maybe could or should have been one if things had been different.

Fast forward to my late 40s, when I began playing in online RPGs and created several female characters to which I became quite attached. I found that I enjoyed roleplaying women (and was often assumed to be one behind the screen) and that it gave me an opportunity to express parts of myself to which I had not hitherto given voice. Shortly afterward I revisited my sexual interest in other men and also encountered trans porn. I'd always been bisexual (though more straight than gay), and this stirred up all sorts of thoughts and fantasies. As I became more attracted to the idea of being with a trans person, I think that this somehow connected with my latent teen interest in being female. The idea of crossdressing slowly grew in my head, starting with the idea of doing a glamour shoot a la Rocky Horror Picture Show to see how I might look in lingerie and, as I made more trans friends online and began to read more about it, I finally decided to buy some clothes. Now I wear skirts, bras and panties almost all the time when I'm alone and I find that I quite enjoy it.

So, if I had to identify a particular event that made me unconventional, it was perhaps the feeling that girls had a better deal in life - a sort of female envy. I understand now, of course, that women face many challenges that men do not, but I had no such understanding in my early to mid teens. I now consider myself to be an autogynephile - I still identify as (mostly) male but now also as falling somewhere under at least the edges of the 'trans umbrella'. I am not a woman and would probably not ever transition, but I would like to be one, or at least to be able to express the part of me that is female on a regular basis.

Donna Holm
10-27-2015, 05:44 AM
I must have been 5 or six. sometime in the early 60's I did not have any clean underwear for school so mom told me to wear something from one of my sisters. over the years as we grew up I tried on
a lot of their stuff. Now I buy my own. I do remember in high school on of my sisters saw me in her bedroom and said it was just a faze I was going thew. I guess i"m still in my faze

Sissy_Michelle
10-27-2015, 11:20 AM
Baldy1,
I was kind of assisted into it. Although I was always fascinated with women's clothes, I was always helping my mom wash and fold clothes just so I could handle them. However my first girlfriend and her friends would get together on the weekends for sleepovers or pajama parties. Even though we were going out steadily and they knew that I wanted time with her as well, when they had their pajama parties I wasn't invited because I was a guy. I complained one time because we had just had a wonderful meal and movie, however when I took her over to her best friend's home she said the only way I could stay is if I wore women's clothes. The four of them got a good laugh over it but when I agreed their face lit up and they gave me a bra, panties, and a nightgown to wear. Then said that while I was there with them I would be treated like one of the girls and not Sherry's boyfriend. If I didn't do what they said or refused to participate in whatever game that they wanted to play I would have to leave.

So for the three and a half years we went out we all had a wonderful time. We're all still friends and send messages to one another though I am still referred to as "Michelle" my femme name...

@--}----
Michelle

Jacqueline StGermain
10-27-2015, 08:16 PM
My mother was very stylish, later my sister (2 years younger than me) did some work as a model. I had great inspiration.
Started in kindergarten trying on classmates shoes, and, well, never stopped.
Briefly ( like 7 years) had to suppress the dressing while married, felt empty, once divorced(unrelated) free to be "me"
It was so natural, I never thought about it,
On more than one occasion, mom found my "stash" and I had to start building a wardrobe all over again.
I can't imagine being any way else

lingerieLiz
10-27-2015, 11:03 PM
When I was about 5 my mother put me in panties. I'm still wearing panties today. As I grew up I wore my older sisters hand me downs which gave me a great wardrobe. They thought it was cool to have another sister.

baldy1
10-28-2015, 12:22 AM
Michelle lucky you a super story

Julie

Lacey New
10-28-2015, 05:10 AM
I was in my early teens entering puberty. This was when girls wore skirts to school - short ones. A drop of a pencil could reward you with a nice upskirt show of nylon. Being curious about what was under there, I was rewarded with a sister only a year younger who wore the same treasures. occasionally, she would leave a pair of panties or even panties and bra in the bathroom. First I had to touch, then to smell and ultimately to try things on. Once I did that, the felling of taboo excitement was irresistible. Naturally, followed by gratification. I guess the response became Pavlovian. Panties = excitement = gratification. and to a lesser degree that is still true but it has graduated to all things feminine.

Melissa18
10-28-2015, 05:57 AM
It was natural,for me.
I was 4 years old, pre school, I saw the yellow dress hanging in my nan's closet and I had to try it on. As soon as I put it on it felt right

Belle De Mer
10-30-2015, 02:20 PM
I got started in the usual way, as a small, hairless boy who couldn't resist his sisters wardrobe. As a teen, it was one outfit at a time, then a purge.I tried a few public outings at age 21, but they were more traumatic than therapeutic, so I went back to dabbling in dressing off and on . Then I found a Flickr page of a T-Girl named Rachel Sams, and was so inspired and fascinated by her looks and outfits, that I knew I just had to try harder. 3 years later, I have at least a dozen different outfits, seven pairs of heels, and hundreds of satisfying outings, mostly shopping, and some food & drink or a coffee.

reb.femme
10-30-2015, 02:58 PM
...I never had any type of event in which I was forced, or asked, to dress in girls clothes.
The only thing that "happened" was that I found myself home alone, with my hands in Mom's
lingerie drawer!...

This is my story too, so I'll just copy as above. I simply loved the satin slips etc and this has been my life ever since. :)

Becky

antheia
10-30-2015, 02:59 PM
I think both of them fit for me.

When i was 3-4 yr old, my mother always dress me pantyhose to not to get cold. And even at that time, i kinda liked it. Feel like i should always wear them.

Then when i was 8-9, me and my friends play with little super hero toys, but deeply i always interested in barbies :) it's so hard to explain the feeling but whenever we play house, i feel like i am forced to be a male character. Because i always feel girly.

But it actually started when my parents were divorced. I started to live with my mom when i was 10. and i dont know why but i wanted to try her clothes and shave my legs, i think it is a kind of instinct. Then it continues, once you cross dress, you can never go back :p

Ps: im sorry if my english is bad :)

baldy1
10-31-2015, 02:43 AM
"I always thought the Russians did it (even have proof), must just be the climate ��"

I do love this quote it makes me chuckle each time i see it

Julie

Jeri Ann
10-31-2015, 05:19 AM
I was abducted by aliens and they exchanged my brain with a girl's. No really. I remember, it was a dark and stormy night...

Jeri

sarahcsc
10-31-2015, 05:23 AM
Something happened...

My mother dressed me up as a girl when I was 5 years old or so because she thought I looked like a girl. For some reason, I found that very comfortable and that was when everything started for me.

Alisonforme
10-31-2015, 10:03 AM
I started at a very young age, probably 8 or 9, in my mothers "unmentionable" drawers.
I have always been entranced by the sight of pantyhosed legs. I would slip on pantyhose and women's underwear any chance I got for a while.

Then after my brothers girlfriend made mention that her leg warmers appeared to have been worn while she was out I became even more secretive.

It's always felt like a natural part of me and I have never denied it or tried to stop, although I wish I could be in full dress much more often. It's just a shame that I have to hide it from people I love because they're lives would be upset by it.

alwayshave
10-31-2015, 10:15 AM
I started dressing when I was so young, 4/5 that I cannot recall the first time it occurred. So who knows. I do know when I was older than that my sisters use to dress me, but I know that was after I had tried things on, on my own.

Natasha V
10-31-2015, 10:21 AM
I was possessed in my sleep. Hopefully they come back to finish what they started. lol

kellyanne
11-01-2015, 06:36 AM
Always felt girly inside.

HerAngel
11-01-2015, 08:08 AM
For me personally l absolutely find it as a way to express my supressed emotions and inner self.I associate the female look/actions with beauty and share intrests with most . ive dressed on and off from age 12 hiding it from everyone from fear of being judged.Im 34 now and recently told my girlfriend whom ive been best friends with for 18 years now and she has been accepting .I now feel whole and beautiful something ive never felt ever... its always felt like i was being someone else in male "mode" im still me i just dress how i feel inside now just get to do some girly things too :) like being both me and femme me

otherwise I guess i was born this way

Helen 2
11-01-2015, 09:07 AM
(snipped)

I would say there must be some inner genetic component that would cause a man to continually dress in the clothing of a woman, let alone done wigs and makeup. Or at least during early years developing sexual identity there was some psychological event(s) that nurtured a predisposition towards cross dressing.

Steph...that right there has been said by two therapists I counseled with many years ago when I was trying to 'cure' my crossdressing.

Much the same as with Sarah, I was dressed by Mom at a young age -about 10. My sister had died of double pneumonia and my Mom (who was so affected by my sister's passing that she was committed to a mental institution after two suicide attempts) one day pleaded me to let her dress me like my sister. Of course, I initially rejected her, which caused her to go into a fit of crying & sobbing, which of course scared the crap out of me and as a result, acquiesced.

Mom dressed me in my sis's panties, training bra, slip and a lovely, flowery dress and...well, I loved it. In fact, I spent most of the day dressed which made Mom sooooooo happy! Two or three weeks later, Mom asked me again and I put up no resistance because for some reason, I loved being dressed like that. A couple weeks after that, I was the one who asked Mom if I could dress like my sister, and so it began. It got to the point where I could dress whenever I wanted as long as Mom and I were alone in the house. As I grew older I could wear girdles, stockings, (mind you, this was in the early and middle 60's when pantyhose did not exist) heels, dresses of any kind, makeup....anything -and I did frequently, always receiving doting support, appreciation (and many clothes and shoes just for me) from Mom.

Mom passed in 1991 and to the day she died she loved me en femme, maintaining that me occasionally becoming her surrogate daughter saved her from utter madness.

In my early/mid twenties and wanting to get rid of 'this curse' I asked my first therapist 'why did I like this so much?' and his answer was that above precisely: something is 'there' either in the genes or the dark recesses of the brain that makes us be what we are.

Forty years later, I still love it and am blessed with full understanding from my wife in the form of a DADT relationship. She will not participate and I cannot dress in her presence but it's okay for me to dress while she is away. The DADT thing is funny because although my wife says 'she does not want to know' he extend of my CD'ing, a few months ago we had a traditional funeral to attend to and she did not have any black hose so she asked me if I had any. Of course, the answer was 'yes but I want them back'. She kept them anyway...;o)

mikayla1964
11-01-2015, 09:21 AM
I remember around 4 I think it was ,wearing my moms slip and heels around the apartment we lived in.my little sister was dressed up to .my mom just watched and never said no.then the next time I remember wearing anything openly was when I was around 8 or so maybe a little older I wore a brown 1 piece bathing suit outside that belonged to my mom and was swimming in our kids pool till my dad jumped all over me and my mom.i remember her taking up for me..then after I turned 13 I would come home from school and dress up everyday till my sister got off the bus..so I reckon it just came naturally for me..now that I think about my mom might have knwn all along about it .I never got to talk to her about it ..

Kimberley May
11-01-2015, 02:38 PM
I think looking back, it has been compensation for the lack of romantic female intimacy from my teens up until now. It was only rare and very briefly in my teens upto my mid 20's, just a small handful of times because I lived with family. Now I'm over another failed relationship, and that I live on my own. I've found that I'm back into it in a much bigger way now, and all for the same reason as before.

Fortunately I think I can still pull it off, I've always been slim with a more slender body and arms more suited for females anyway, it wasn't a choice to be though.

atlflygirl
11-01-2015, 03:07 PM
About a year ago, I came down with Fibromyalgia and needed something that would make me feel better. I learned I needed to start wearing girl tights to help push my blood up toward my upper body, so I started with that and it was all "downhill" from there. I began buying make-up and female clothing and looking for groups where I could socialize as a crossdresser. Unfortunately, very little out there exists for us gay guys who like being women from time to time. That said, we do have the option of meeting men who like us t-gals, that has served as catalyst to dress, because I know some men crave a girl with a little something extra down there, even if they don't respect us!

MissDanielle
11-01-2015, 06:21 PM
I guess it just came natural to me, too. I was home alone and decided to wear my mom's clothing. I haven't dressed up much since because it's hard to do so without being discrete. The first time I did, I wore her pantyhose, pants, bra stuffed with socks to make it look like I had breasts, and her heels although given the height, they were likely pumps instead. This was likely 8th or 9th grade.

candyakagi
11-01-2015, 06:41 PM
it was in high school, one day of my summer holiday, its boring at home, and im curious about my mom's pantyhose. beginning with the pantyhose and later the heels and when im in college, i buy wig bra and anything i want to dress.

Lori Kurtz
11-01-2015, 06:43 PM
For me, it began so young that I can't remember it beginning. I know it was before I stared going to school. I don't remember any specific event that triggered it. I always knew it was something I needed to hide, but also that it was intensely exciting. And as I matured, it got even more exciting. But the need for secrecy remained.

Angie G
11-01-2015, 07:55 PM
I think it natural. And is somthing in us from birth. Not something that happen to us . But it may be jump started be something.:hugs:
Angie

LindaAnne
12-27-2015, 06:22 AM
My first time was like most, trying on my mom's lingerie. I was in junior high at the time and always had a fascination with wanting to try some on. After my first time I guess I was hooked. I secretly continued to try on her lingerie the few chances I got until I left to go to college. During college I didn't think much about it but after I graduated the desires came back. Over the years I would purchase lingerie, purge, purchase, purge, oh it was a horrible cycle. I kept trying to repress what was inside, presumably because of what society would think. Over the past few years I've finally realized who I really am inside and have embraced it. No more purging for me! It was so freeing to finally come to the realization that all those years of guilt were wrong and that I have the years in front of me to enjoy being my inner woman.

Judy-Somthing
12-27-2015, 11:52 AM
Boy the story is so similar for many of us.

I was eight years old, my older sister talked me into dressing up in a ballerina outfit and took a photo.

I think back and I think I probably would have started at some point on my own.

Over the years I heard stories that my uncle use to to dress up.

Patty Phose
12-27-2015, 12:45 PM
I've worn stockings and pantyhose since I was 4. Then when I was 18 I dressed up for a Halloween party at college. I loved it. So much fun. Loved it ever since.

JessieA
12-27-2015, 01:03 PM
I had toyed with dressing a few times. But my serious dressing started as a out growth of therapy for some dissociative issues. There was a entire female side of my brain that I had been suppressing that would cause issues. After a few therapists over the years finally one came to the conclusion with me that I had to come to terms with my female side and Jessica was born. Since then things have gotten much better less depression no dissociative episodes though my budget never fully recover, ;)

SHY KIM
12-27-2015, 02:24 PM
100% natural
My first memory was around 4 or 5 yrs old and trying on my mom's nylon footies while we were playing. I can envision that moment so clearly 45 years later. Everything just felt right. Then around 5th grade I started wearing her pantyhose, black bra and black lacey full slip. I did this and sometimes dressed completely with make-up (secretly) until sophomore year of high school. At 18 or so I carefully introduced my secrete to my girlfriend and she somewhat accepted my interest and would let me try her things on once in a while. We got married at 22 years old and she taught me how to apply make-up, bought me some panties, clothes and even a wig. Once I hit my late 30's our busy family life became a priority and I purged everything. My wife just recently gave me the ok to bring Kim back (with a few conditions - lose weight the primary one). So I'm really excited to become more social and even more excited to be shopping FOR EVERYTHING!!!
Take care,
Kim
Chicago

Melissa in SE Tn
12-27-2015, 03:46 PM
I was bitten by a gender confused radioactive spider , went to live with my mistress aunt who had a sexy clothes closet & the rest is history.

CourtneyJamieson
12-31-2015, 02:10 PM
No early days of being dressed in girl outfits by my Mom. My first time was when I was in college. My boyhood bedroom had been renovated into a Master bedroom so I came home from college and was put into the upstairs spare bedroom. My Mom had stored her wig and many clothes that she no longer wore in the upstairs closet. Well, I was upstairs, all alone, and a bored 20-year-old. I found her wig and tried it on. Wondered what it would look like with a dress and slipped one of those on. Then when I got to the stockings and high heels I was hooked on the sensation. Didn't do much dressing during college or in my 20's but have dabbled in it off and on ever since. Now I am into it more than ever as I get a bit older.

Mandy_K
12-31-2015, 02:29 PM
Well Growing up Only my mother and I, we were very close, we would just talk she do her makeup if front of me, try on dresses in front of me, she would mention how much she loved certain materials and colors. whenever we would go to a get together everyone would compliment her clothing and it just looked so exciting and natural to dress like her. One day i guess she had used my restroom instead of her own because she left a long beautiful high slit nightgowns behind, before bedtime i remember just staring at it and just tried it on, I absolutely could not resist. Being the dumb child i was i thought she would not notice it missing so i hid it in my winter jacket in my room and wore it a little every night. about a week goes by and it was missing, she had found it, she did not say anything but after wards she then would often "accidentally" leave great things in my restroom, Pantyhose, bra and pantys, a dress and heels from work, a nightie, a different nightgown (and yes i did try every single thing on). In all my years living with her she never said anything but I truly know that she knew i was a CD all along and still accepted me :)

1958Candi
12-31-2015, 03:36 PM
When I was 4, my sister had pantyhose out on the bed and she was at school. I put them on and found a bra in her drawer to wear. My mother walked in on me and I froze in complete shock and embarrassment. She just said, those are your sisters clothes, you need to respect her privacy. That was it, she said nothing else about it, didn't make a fuss about it. I never did it again until I was out on my own but clearly the desire was always with me.

Lovely Rose
12-31-2015, 03:44 PM
My first time was around the age of 5, I don't know why but i found myself wearing my mother's bra and posing in front of a mirror.
The joy that bra brought to me gave a beginning of a self exploration journey that I'm enjoying until now.

thanks for reminding me of that :)

heatherdress
12-31-2015, 04:43 PM
I liked this question the more I thought about it.

Is it natural to start performing a behavior (crossdressing) which many people consider unnatural?

It seemed sort of amusing at first, but I really do not believe my behavior (crossdressing) is unnatural for me. Dressing and looking and feeling female makes me feel so good and gives me tremendous peace and pleasure. Although it took a while for me to discover me, I believe it was inevitable, meant to be, "natural".

MissTee
12-31-2015, 09:59 PM
At some point prior to turning ten years old, I curiously tried on some of my mother's things. Not a bell I could ever un-ring.

Della
12-31-2015, 11:54 PM
I liked what girls my age wore. I liked the skirts, blouses, and colors and wondered. Nothing made me want to wear what girls wear, but I wanted to.

donnaS
01-01-2016, 01:08 AM
I always knew. Luckily my mom stored her old clothes in my bedroom closet.
So I could sneak them as much as I wanted. I was also molested by older male as s child. So that probably set everything in concrete also. I'm not gay, but would consider myself lesbian if I ever transition.

somestimeskaren
01-01-2016, 02:43 PM
I never dressed in my mothers things or my sisters growing up. I wish I had.I didn't have an urge to dress until after I married and my wife had pantyhose laying about .I tried on a pair and I was hooked.Bought my own along with a pair of shoes ,kept them hidden.Eventually wanted more .Told my wife about this side of me.She was somewhat accepting even bought me my first bra and garter set.Dressed only in the bedroom,which was o.k.Now that we are no longer togeather I can go the whole nine yards anytime I want.But I sometimes think about all the dressup time I missed by getting a late start.

Sandie70
01-01-2016, 03:19 PM
Although I was always intrigued with women's clothes, it wasn't until I retired that I started dressing. But it was a slow and methodical process... starting with panties.

Since I can't speak of a single defining moment when I kicked things in gear, I have to say it was natural. It just happened.

And since I'm older than most, I was at a stage in my life where I was through worrying about why I do things... if it makes me happy and I don't hurt anyone, I go for it.

Chrissy8888
01-01-2016, 08:49 PM
For me it was natural. One day I was watching TV and saw a bra ad. It was when the Playtex 18 hour cross your heart bra first came out. I wondered what it would be like to try one on. I did and started dressing pretty much from that moment on.