PDA

View Full Version : Does Rogaine really work , on the HEAD

Georgette
10-14-2004, 09:52 PM
Anybody out there tried rogaine for that sneaky little bare spot in the back.
I guess the best thing to do is get a nice Wig.
Just wondering
Georgette

Julie
10-14-2004, 10:24 PM
Erica,

I'm guessing you took it orally? I thought the topical application (shampoo, etc.) was supposed to only grow hair where is was applied. :confused:

Julie
10-14-2004, 10:37 PM
Nope on my head only... :(
OOOHHHH! YUCK!!!!!!! Deforesting what I already have is bad enough without adding more! I'm steering clear of that stuff!

Yesterday Deb (therapist) was talking about transitioning and said it takes two years (I thought it was longer) and then listed all the things you have to do including electrolysis. When she said that I thought to myself, "Now that's something I need to look seriously into. This hair problem is really a pain. Legs, fine but the rest? Gotta go!

crispy
10-15-2004, 03:22 AM
Nope on my head only... :(
now, have I got this right?

you spread something on your bald patch and turned into a gorilla. :)

so why can't I spread something on my knees and turn into a beautiful lady? :confused:
I know the answer's out there somewhere, but I just can't seem to figure it out.

from another stupid girl

Georgette
10-15-2004, 09:51 AM
Thanks I was afriad of that . I guess Heritdy is all in the genes.
I still don't know what still wig to get though. I have looked at many and none seem to look right.
Georgette

Georgette
10-15-2004, 11:41 AM
Julie I thought it said tropical not topical.
I guess I'm more of a blonde than I figured DUH!
Georgette

Wenda
10-16-2004, 10:35 AM
I have never worried about hair loss on my head, just who I am as a guy. Wenda buys nice wigs. More hair on my body?!?!? aaagghh....I have been shaving, and ever since a sales clerk saw my shaver bumps and advised me to use some of the new creams (I use Aveena) it has been OK. Trouble is, I hate waking up with stubble in my cleavage....so....I bought a waxing kit. Thought I followed the directions, but a strip on my right boob, pulled it off, not comfortable, and all I had was a sticky boob with stubble.
Read the directions again...oh....wait for two weeks growth,etc. No problem, I have 35 years growth on my butt. This should be every wax strips dream!!
Re-read the instructions, apply, remove, swear (not comfy).....oh my god....now I have a sticky butt reinforced with butt hair....holy shit....I have glued my ass together.......what the....now I have glued my glued-together butt to the freakin bed sheet....what a freaking horror show!!
re-read the useless freaking instructions....go get oil and work my cheeks apart, bathe and get as much wax and oil out of my crack as I can, AND SHAVE THE WHOLE DAMNED AREA!!! The lady who does my pedicures does waxing. I am going to do my own toenails and save up for a pro job. painfully yours, wenda.