PDA

View Full Version : Was this person crossdressing?

Danitgirl1
10-17-2015, 05:42 AM
Hi everyone,
I just got back from a Girl Guides fun day.
One of the fathers was shall we say interestingly dressed.
It got me thinking was he a sister?
He was wearing:
An unusual dark blue t shirt it had a bit of a lady's cut to its styling with a deep v neck (cleavage enhancing)
A pair of calf length, black yoga pants (not unlike the ones I bought to run in)
Turquoise Tommys
Also of note he had shoulder-ish length curly hair
I could not see any leg hair on what I saw of his legs
He was not clean shaven, but he did not have a beard, just stubble...

I was wondering if he was doing a stealthy over dressing type thing, or am I letting my imagination get the better of me?

pamela7
10-17-2015, 05:47 AM
sounds like "man in a dress" mode to me, a sister and relaxed about it

Erica Marie
10-17-2015, 06:02 AM
Sounds as if he was running under the radar. The stubble bit is the same thing I do to keep me grounded somewhat. In my mind I can dress a little femme and let me hair grow out, but the stuble maybe detracts from people seeing a women.

Rhonda Darling
10-17-2015, 06:24 AM
Agree. My bet is sister who is guide comfortable with herself.

Rhonda

Erika Lyne
10-17-2015, 07:06 AM
It's interesting you've mentioned this. I have been dabbling with this a bit myself. Honestly, I'd love to go out fully dressed all the time but I'm not convincing. It feels right to me but the public has shown discomfort in it. With that, I've become more and more emotionally uncomfortable in traditional male-mode. So, I've been trying to find a place where I am reasonably comfortable but also not disturbing to the public eye. I've worn darker colored and longer women's shirts over simple women's workout/yoga pants with a men's sweat shirt but went with an unshaven face for the day. Other times, I've carried a small leather backpack (purse) with a soft colored gender neutral top but it has no overly femine adornments. All of these things make it emotionally tolerable for me and I have had some looks but it has not drawn any comments I think because I am in an undefined territory. Now, I've gone out in public fully dressed and almost every time I've had some remark made to me but not when dressed in between genders. Maybe this was the person's intent?

-Erika

Demi88
10-17-2015, 09:25 AM
This person enjoys fem clothing. Kudos for wearing in public.

heatherdress
10-17-2015, 10:32 AM
Maybe, maybe not. No one knows for sure. You are a crossdresser and do not know if he crossdresses. Maybe this is a good example for many who fear to go out in public - even if people notice how you dress as you did, what do they really know whether he is a "crossdresser" - and if they suspect, what does it matter?

Allisa
10-17-2015, 11:04 AM
I'm thinking that Girl Guides is sort of like the Girl Scouts? Maybe this is his way of fitting in with the crowd(blending) and/or maybe he just likes the feel and look of "femme" clothes and just feeling comfy. A sister maybe?, who knows. Did you talk to him(small talk of course)and maybe get an answer in a round about way.

Katey888
10-17-2015, 11:12 AM
I think sometimes we see what we want to see...

No way of knowing for sure - unless you ask... and as it all seems fairly open to the world he's hardly stealth... :)

Perhaps something subtle like: "where did you get those yoga pants - I was looking for something similar myself...?"

Katey x

bridget thronton
10-17-2015, 11:12 AM
Does it matter? He is spending time with his daughter and no one is giving them a hard tim(I hope)

Danitgirl1
10-17-2015, 01:16 PM
I think sometimes we see what we want to see...

No way of knowing for sure - unless you ask... and as it all seems fairly open to the world he's hardly stealth... :)"

Katey x
Yes Katey confirmation bias is misleading. Hence my question to the group... I really am not sure what he was up to, but it certainly wasn't normal dress...
Nothing like hiding in plain site 😃

UNDERDRESSER
10-17-2015, 08:10 PM
Would you call me a crossdresser? I spend most of my time now wearing skirts, even at work. Most of the time, they are somewhat plain, and if not kilt like, similar length and hang. People have sometimes referred to them, (when they say anything) as "manskirts" As I get more comfortable being in the public eye, I am choosing some somewhat more obvious styles, and as Winter threatens, added opaque hosiery. Top half is men's t shirts or sweaters, stubble as well, or clean shaven. I don't know what I'd do about hair if I had a choice, with the rampant Male pattern baldness that I've had for 25 years, the only thing that makes sense is a very close crop or shaved head. I'm over 6 foot, and 200 pounds, my mannerisms are not particular feminine, I don't wear makeup, I have been experimenting with nail polish on my short nails, but at home only so far. I don't see anything wrong with nail polish on men, but it still feels weird to me in public. I am trying to find a pair of low heeled boots that I can wear out in the colder weather to go with the skirts, but that is difficult as they don't make many knee high boots in my size.

Anyway, if you saw me, dressed like that, what would you say?

Jennifer W
10-19-2015, 09:42 AM
Underdresser I would call you whatever you want to be called.
I've given up on trying to "pass" as a female. I never liked makeup or wigs. I'm not into forms (although I occasionally wear a bra) and my fem wardrobe consists primarily of leggings, yoga pants, women's deep v-neck t-shirts and panties as always. These I wear everywhere now and usually every day except if my wife is around because she prefers not to see.
I've come to the conclusion that I am a guy and sometimes I like to be girly. To be girly I use scented body wash and lotions.
I have a beard and short hair. I body shave. I accept myself as I am. I've personally come a long way in accepting myself as I am.
The person in question in the OP is probably a guy like me and doesn't care what anyone else thinks.

Patrica Gil
10-19-2015, 10:03 AM
Took many years to be comfortable with myself. Feels great to be myself and don't give it a second thought about what others see or perceive. Wear shorts with nicely shaved legs, underarms, and working on body as well. Hair is long and sometimes curled as well. Women's tennis shoes are the norm with women's tee's as well. Carry my art bad which looks like a purse. Yep its me and it feels wonderful.

Krisi
10-20-2015, 08:28 AM
Maybe all his male clothes were in the laundry and he had to borrow from his wife.

People in different parts of the country or even the city dress differently. Someone who dresses normally for Seattle, Washington would be stared at where I live. Also, there are different definitions and degrees of "crossdressing". To me, someone who is "crossdressing" is dressed as a woman and is trying to appear to be a woman. The person you saw is not doing that, he was just wearing clothes that are different than you expected.

Of course, if his outfit meets your definition of crossdressing, then in your mind, he was crossdressing. It doesn't really matter, does it?