PDA

View Full Version : Careful, you might get girl germs

Amari
10-18-2015, 10:19 PM
My wife and I have always clothes shopped together. I enjoyed mostly shopping for her, even when my active interest in all things feminine was deeply latent; she is barely tolerant of my CDing. We dropped into a local shopping mall last Saturday to get a few things, and as we passed Rockmans (Aussie female fashion chain), I noticed a middle aged male hanging about at the entrance to the shop, gazing in at presumably his wife browsing the racks, looking quite uncomfortable. I said to my wife, "looks like he's afraid to go in there, he might get girl germs". She answered, "yes, most men are, you're the exception", with an enigmatic smile on her face.
Some years ago, we were bra shopping for my wife, she had selected a 12B but it didn't fit, and rather than dressing again, she asked me to return it to the rack and get a 12C - no problem. A woman browsing nearby saw what was going on and said, "Oh you're good aren't you, I wish my husband would come shopping with me".
I'm so glad there's no barrier (psychological or physical) to doing these things together.

Robin414
10-18-2015, 10:24 PM
I remember when I was in elementary school all the boys wrote 'ssfp' with a dot on their hand to protect them from fleas if a girl touched them (super sonic flea protection). I thought it was silly and opted out...yikes, look at me now LOL 😉

Laurana
10-18-2015, 10:28 PM
Cooties!!

Robin414
10-18-2015, 10:43 PM
Cooties!!

LOL Yep, pink ones. I'm convinced that's why I'm here! 😉

Jaylyn
10-18-2015, 11:10 PM
I think the warning has come way too late for me I have already been infected.

Tracii G
10-19-2015, 12:10 AM
The boys in my neighborhood used to say I had cooties because most of my friends were girls.
I said they were too scared to play with girls and they said "we are not" I just laughed at them.

Dana44
10-19-2015, 01:23 AM
Yep I remember playing with the girls and cooties was the boys said. LOL My SO and I go through a lot of racks when we are out looking. I think I got passed that problem when I was a kid. Oh my I must have had a lot of girls germs for sure. Kissed so many of them.

pamela7
10-19-2015, 01:38 AM
this tho is the essence of the "this is how i show i'm a real man to another real man in a female environment" behavioural meme - done it loads of times, puffed-out chest, looking bored, don't want to be there - the great pretense - makes me wonder if most males are not deep down TG - after all we're XY!

Teresa
10-19-2015, 04:49 AM
Amari,
I commented on this a while ago, seeing men hanging about mostly waiting for their partners, or perhaps hesitating to do their first femme shopping !
They should design a male creche to let them hang out have a coffee watch a video!
My wife is getting use to losing me among the racks last time we shopped, she looked in some size three shoes and eventually found me in the size eights. I asked her after if I did want to shop would I have to do it alone, she just replied yes and don't push my luck !
I think I'd sooner risk girl germs than male ones !!

Katey888
10-19-2015, 04:55 AM
Guess we've all caught febola then... :facepalm:

There's no known antidote, apparently, as it's a type of femme-oragic fever... :doll:

:hiding:

Katey x

susan54
10-19-2015, 05:41 AM
For us in the UK, what are cooties?

Krisi
10-19-2015, 06:50 AM
My wife and I often shop together. Too often, it seems, the closets are full and we need to get rid of some stuff. I was shopping with my wife in Kohls one day and a lady commented on me being a good husband for shopping with my wife and holding her selections. I didn't tell her that some of the items were for me.

Another time we were in Pennys and when we put all the blouses and skirts on the counter, the clerk said "Nothing for you today sir". Again, I didn't tell her that most of the items were for me.

I'm fortunate that my wife and I are about the same in clothing sizes so it's not like a size 4 woman buying size 14 skirts. Shoes are a different matter, I have to go to Payless and it's pretty obvious that they are for me.

BLUE ORCHID
10-19-2015, 07:41 AM
Hi Krisi, That sounds like I wrote your story,~~~My:love:Wife and I were in the wonans section
and I had an arm full of tops mostly hers and a couple for me.:daydreaming:

Thank Heaven for PAYLESS SHOES.

Rhonda Darling
10-19-2015, 07:52 AM

There's no known antidote, apparently, as it's a type of femme-oragic fever... :doll:

Katey x

Good one, Katey. Don't think it went unnoticed!

Rhonda

Glendy
10-19-2015, 07:58 AM
When my wife and I go shopping she will look for clothes that she likes and if she see'something that I might like she will say look at this, she already knows what like like to wear.

Kate Simmons
10-19-2015, 08:08 AM
I like having those "girl germs". :battingeyelashes::)

Pat
10-19-2015, 08:35 AM
For us in the UK, what are cooties?

Cooties are actually head lice. The term comes from the trenches of WWI. However over time in the US they've become mythic creatures that spread unwanted behavior amongst individuals of differing groups. So "girl cooties" spread girlish behavior amongst boys, "boy cooties" likewise create tomboys. "theater cooties" spread literacy amongst sports players. ;)

Meghan4now
10-19-2015, 10:05 AM
When I was a kid, Hasbro or Kenner made a game called cooties. It involved putting together plastic parts that formed a comical looking bug. Surely banned like everything else as a choking hazard.

I have always shopped with and for my wife. Funny, I never got nervous. Until I went to buy my own stuff! How dorky is that!

IamWren
10-19-2015, 10:39 AM
I remember when I was in elementary school all the boys wrote 'ssfp' with a dot on their hand to protect them from fleas if a girl touched them (super sonic flea protection). I thought it was silly and opted out...yikes, look at me now LOL ��

Ha ha ha ha!!! Don't worry Robin, I got a number of cootie shots but I guess the don't give life-long immunization.

When I was in elementary school our inoculation to prevent getting cooties was the cootie shot.

With a fingernail a buddy would come over and and slightly etch into your skin while saying the magical incantation, "Circle. Circle. Dot. Dot. Now you have your cootie shot."

If I don't put my half nerf footballs in just right my bewbs look wonky like this version of a cootie shot. :D

WandaRae2009
10-19-2015, 05:14 PM
I have always shopped with my wife. Waited outside fitting rooms and often off to get a different size. This was before my wife knew about my "hobby". Once she found out, it was a year or so before she would ask me to go with her. Now that she is getting more used to it, I go with her again, and again, I will go looking for different sizes, clothes, bras or whatever. and even search the rack with her. A coupe of times I saw something and went back in a few days to pick it up. She is still not comfortable to buy stuff for me when with her.

Alice_2014_B
10-19-2015, 05:18 PM
Bet all of us, as crossdressers, are immune to cooties, LOL.
:)

Christie ann
10-19-2015, 08:41 PM
Yup, my last blood test came back with a strong cootie component. Seems that I have been a girl my whole life.

StefaniLara
10-19-2015, 09:08 PM
I've always enjoyed shopping with my best friend. I tend to push her to try new things, fashion wise, then what she typically goes for. We don't get to shop together often, but shopping with a woman has always been a pleasure instead of an embarrassment.

Amari
10-20-2015, 12:11 AM
Theresa,
I wonder if any malls would be entrepreneurial enough to actually create a male creche, I think the idea is hilarious!

Jennie,
Thanks for the explanation of 'cooties', I had wondered.

Girl germs, cooties, Febola!, whatever, I'm just glad I'm infected!

Beverley Sims
10-20-2015, 08:32 AM
I caught all my girl germs off my girlfriends.

Wearing their clothes and makeup is what caused it.....

I think. :)

Karen RHT
10-20-2015, 09:11 AM
I've always enjoyed shopping for and with women; whether it was with my mother, a girlfriend, or my wife. :) Can relate to males who don't though, as shopping for my male clothes never really appealed to me.

Karen

Robin414
10-20-2015, 11:28 PM

Katey x

I've got the test results back now Katey...it's SITTS!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYgXYWNOBBk

Saikotsu
10-21-2015, 02:04 PM
Reminds me of when my sister was visiting a bridal shop looking for wedding dresses for herself and her bridesmaids. I'm sitting there trying to look manly with a bokuto I had bought earlier. (i hadn't come to terms with my gender fluidity at the time. Also, a bokuto is a wooden Japanese sword resembling a katana, often used for practice).

One of the attendants came up to me and asked if I was the groom. I just smiled and shook my head, "nah, just the brother of the bride." She was really impressed I was willing to enter the shop with her. I just shrugged. I guess I'd already come down with the femme-flu.

Stephanie47
10-22-2015, 06:34 PM
If we're going to figure out who gets the "cootie" prize of the day I may be the winner. When my wife was too ill to make it out of the house, she took me up on my offer to go buy her a package of sanitary napkins. That was the only purchase I made at on that trip through the register. Hopefully, the sales associate did not think I had some sort of diaper..etc.. fetish. Most guys will not even go down that aisle with their wives.

Meghan4now
10-22-2015, 10:13 PM
Stef, I've done this type of favor for my wife, even in my most self suppressed days. Doing for favors for your wife is love and love has no bounds.