PDA

View Full Version : Standing up in a small way

Tracii G
10-19-2015, 12:20 AM
Spent the day with some friends and one guy said you know what color hair band you have on?
I said purple and I know it doesn't go with the camo I have on but it was the first one I grabbed to tie my hair back.
He chuckled a bit (insinuating purple was gay or something) and I said I was married twice and raised two daughters and there are a gazillion hair bands in my house.
I told him next time we all hang out I'll wear a pink one just for you.
His GF thought it was funny and he said yeah I'll bet you won't..
I responded oh hell no if purple is homo I'll wear pink next time.
He shut up after that.LOL

Jazzy Jaz
10-19-2015, 12:45 AM
Cool beans!

Melissa18
10-19-2015, 12:52 AM
Good for you Tracii,
But the question remains what colour was the camo? Was it that nice pink camo? That I've I've seen on some bows?

pamela7
10-19-2015, 01:25 AM
good for you Tracii, just a question - what is a 'camo'?

Dana44
10-19-2015, 01:29 AM
Good for you Tracii. Yeah purple is funky but I like that color. I have ties for my pony tail that are all colors but I usually put a black or tan one on. Have been known to also use a blue one.

donnalee
10-19-2015, 04:29 AM
Then he would have loved the purple nails (Alzheimers month) I had back in June!

Krisi
10-19-2015, 07:00 AM
The NFL players are wearing pink for breast cancer awareness (as if men can't get breast cancer).

In many circles, purple is considered "homo". Stuff like this changes all the time and from area to area.

"Camo" is short for camouflage. Hunters wear it so deer and such won't see them skulking around in the woods. Men (and some women) sometimes wear it in public just for the macho effect.

As for colors, wearing the wrong color in some parts of some cities can get you shot or beaten. Different gangs have different colors and if you're in a red gang's area, you better not be wearing blue. Stupid, but true.

Charona
10-19-2015, 07:18 AM
As far as camo (camouflage), one of the dealers who sets up shop in local gun shows sells a line of camo patterned clothing in which the patterns are various shades of pinks and purples instead of the usual greens and browns. A quick Google search came up with https://www.google.com/search?q=pink+camouflage&espv=2&biw=1280&bih=685&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0CEMQ7AlqFQoTCP-ZuPPBzsgCFYMdPgodJk0HoA

BLUE ORCHID
10-19-2015, 07:25 AM
Hi Tracii, RULE No. 1. Never let someone else take control of the situation.:hugs:

It's always great to stop someone in their tracks.:daydreaming:

Krisi
10-19-2015, 08:04 AM
I went to the store the other day to buy some camo outfits but I couldn't see any.

jenniferinsf
10-19-2015, 08:50 AM
good for you traci.....as traci says...take charge...ps...love purple, i am sure it looked great on you

Patrica Gil
10-19-2015, 10:09 AM
Maybe he was insecure with you being the person you are. Many men are not comfortable with themselves and constantly compare themselves with other in order to validate themselves. Men have said similar things to me and I just don't worry about it. The problem is theirs not mine. Life is to short to waste time trying to validate who we are. Just keep on being the person you are. Those who don't like it will get out of the way.

Pat
10-19-2015, 10:38 AM
The old response to that used to be "I'm comfortable in my masculinity." which reflects the comment back on the commenter. ;)

Tracii G
10-19-2015, 10:48 AM
Jennie you are so right and I think thats why he shut up and didn't press the matter.
My camo pattern BDU's that day were Vietnam era tiger stripe.

Anne K
10-19-2015, 10:58 AM
Nice work Tracii!

I always wear an emerald stud is each ear. I have weathered comments from all sorts of people and my standard reply -looking then directly in the eye- is, "Is there something wrong with it?". They usually mutter about and that's the end of it. Like we have all discovered, it's all about attitude.

Tracii G
10-19-2015, 11:05 AM
Joyce that is something I do too just come out and ask if they have a problem with it.
Usually when they see you don't care what they think it ends right there.LOL

Meghan4now
10-19-2015, 11:40 AM
Well, it's a well established fact that purple clothing filters ambient light, blocking by reflection the UV rays that would otherwise sterilize the virus known as Gay Cooties. Over time repeated wearing of purple will result in a terminal infestation. The only thing worse is wearing something with rainbow colors, as localize purple has a similar effect, but other cooties types are also promoted in the correct distance and proportions to create mutations that severely weaken the macho-imunity system.

In extreme cases, sufferers have been known to enjoy old reruns of the muppets, Gallagher, and Mork and Mindy. Interestingly, the strain of cooties seems to be respondent to low frequency oscillatory therapy, but it is dicey. While Death Metal is often effective, broadway show tune have the opposite effect.

CynthiaD
10-19-2015, 02:46 PM
Purple is homo? I don't think so! I have this purple dress I wear all the time and it's not homo! :)

Saikotsu
10-19-2015, 02:59 PM
I'm amazed he made a big deal out of the color of a hairtie. I could see it if it was a purple scrunchy, but a purple hairtie? Wow.
Perhaps I should start using colored hair ties. I've got three in my hair right now, but they're all black. Maybe blue or red? Maybe I could do a different color for each tie? You're giving me ideas, Tracii...

Tracii G
10-19-2015, 05:48 PM
I do use more than one color all the time.
Some days I'll use pink and purple or red and black together.
I have a camo scunci somewhere just can't find it LOL

colleen ps
10-20-2015, 01:02 AM
I went to the store the other day to buy some camo outfits but I couldn't see any.

Everyone missed this?

Clever!

Cheryl_Layton
10-20-2015, 05:13 AM

Krisi, with jokes like that you should be on the stage. There's one leaving in half an hour!

Btw, pink used to be associated with boys (a milder form of military red) and blue was for girls - the serene blue of the virgin Mary.

Marcelle
10-20-2015, 05:17 AM
Hey Tracii,

Fighting the good fight I see . . . well done.

Cheers

Marcelle

Tracii G
10-20-2015, 11:09 AM
LOL Marcelle its those times where ignorance needs to be dealt with a flanking maneuver.

AnnieMac
10-21-2015, 05:58 AM
. .but then what do homo hunters wear?

donnalee
10-21-2015, 06:08 AM
Dear antlers?

Tracii G
10-21-2015, 11:32 AM
I'm a homo hunter and wear what I want LOLOL.
Pink antlers would be cute Donna.