PDA

View Full Version : Closet Door Open

jill_4
02-12-2006, 11:24 PM
;) ;) I am revisiting my fem side after nearly twenty years of it being locked away in the closet during my marriage,now single again Jill can open the door. I am shopping like crazy and finding the internet a great place to shop,that is until the credit card bills start hitting the doormat!.
I have spent hours reading the advise of members since joining a few days ago,this site does give great support and opinions.Perhaps I've found what I've been looking for.
Have other members had the same experience of keeping their fem side under wraps for long periods of time,will be interested to hear comments?.Good to have so many friends;) ;) ;) Jill 4

Laurie Ann
02-12-2006, 11:45 PM
Now that the door is open it's time to step out into a brave new world.

Cathy Anderson
02-13-2006, 08:20 AM
Suggestion: pace yourself.

> I am shopping like crazy and finding the internet a great place to shop

You can only wear one dress at a time, sweetie :)

Nikki Dee
02-13-2006, 10:30 AM
Know how you feel love...I've been there...but you will get a balance..be patient.!
Love Nikki. x

miyako
02-13-2006, 10:33 AM
Yeah I would pace myself with the freedom. Don't want to get too ahead of yourself and/or sloppy now. It's like everything else in life. It's something that has to have practice. And when you don't do something for a long while you might need to get comfortable doing them again and get back in the swing of things. Then again that is my personal opinion. =). Just trying to be a helpful person. teehee.

Miyako M

;) ;) I am revisiting my fem side after nearly twenty years of it being locked away in the closet during my marriage,now single again Jill can open the door. I am shopping like crazy and finding the internet a great place to shop,that is until the credit card bills start hitting the doormat!.
I have spent hours reading the advise of members since joining a few days ago,this site does give great support and opinions.Perhaps I've found what I've been looking for.
Have other members had the same experience of keeping their fem side under wraps for long periods of time,will be interested to hear comments?.Good to have so many friends;) ;) ;) Jill 4

Girly Sara
02-13-2006, 10:46 AM
Hi Jill,

Welcome to the forum and i hope you get to spread your girly wings forever :)

Sara xxxx

Marlena Dahlstrom
02-14-2006, 02:48 AM
Welcome!

It's good to hear you're getting in touch with yourself.

It's not uncommon for folks like yourself to go through a "kid in a candy store" phase. Just remember, as Cathy said, you can only wear one dress at a time. ;)

Robingirl
03-09-2006, 01:41 AM
I also went about 20 years and then started dressing again about 8 years ago and much more extensively about 2 years ago. My daughters were leaving for college and I started missing that femininity in my home.

Jennaie
03-09-2006, 02:20 AM
I went for about 6 years without dressing. I had plenty of urges, but no dressing.

I started again about 5 months ago. I was in a dept store and simply could not deny myself anymore.

I will say that I have been very slow and deliberate about what I buy and how much I spend. Although I have spent quite a bit, it takes quite a bit to fully dress.

I often wonder how GG's afford to live and look good on a median salary. Enjoy your journey.

trannie T
03-09-2006, 02:39 AM
;) Closets are for clothes.

Teresa Amina
03-09-2006, 07:50 AM
I don't think I've ever completely stopped dressing, but for most of my life it was a Furtive-Don't get Caught kind of thing. Now I can actually relax and just Do It.
The others' advice about overbuying is right on. Relax, you've got the rest of your life to buy more stuff. (as if I weren't right now!):)