PDA

View Full Version : How do you act in girl mode?

lexi0922
10-21-2015, 10:02 PM
Just curious. Do you change your voice? Do you act like super girly? Or kind of like your normal self but a little more feminine?

Dana44
10-21-2015, 10:08 PM
Lexi, Mostly I do not open my mouth to talk. But when I have to like in a restaurant. I do change my voice a little. But for me I think sometimes I talk in the range that makes me look fem. I do not act super girly or feminine. I am my fem self out there and if I was in male thought I would feel out of place, but my female switch when in place seems to feel comfortable out in fem.

Charlyne
10-21-2015, 10:11 PM
I can dress feminine; maybe walk a bit feminine, but that's about it for me. Would like to be more girly, but my larger male features prevent that. I think, for me, trying to change voice wouldn't really work.

Alisonforme
10-21-2015, 10:23 PM
Funny that I just recently found a voice. It's a London accent for me. The change in accent helps me play with pitch and girliness!

Robin414
10-21-2015, 10:32 PM
Hi sis!

Hmmm, I used to be super guy...hey, I could make up a new super hero...Super Man...what!? already been done! How about Wonder Woman (I wonder if that's a woman 😅 )

Seriously though, Yes, presentation beyond appearance is SOOO important and WE all strive for it I think!

Over the top (super girly)...only when im doing a rock video 😆 Maybe some do but personally, I let it come naturally...

Jenniferathome
10-21-2015, 10:36 PM
I am me. All the same things interest me,for example. I am cognizant to take smaller steps when walking, smaller bites when eating (thats a real hard one), less arm swinging, kind of the basic differences from the male gorilla to a female in the wild. I do not act "girly," I don't know any woman who does.

When I speak, I try to soften my voice, but I don't put much effort into it. I know that I am not fooling anyone but I do it to blend as best as possible.

lexi0922
10-21-2015, 10:59 PM
Oh Robin! You make me laugh girl 😁💙

I know when my bf dresses up he tends to be a little more playful and cutesy lol. It's adorable. He changes his voice a little...a little higher and softer. His voice is naturally on the deep side, but he's good with different ranges. He'll even randomly talk really high and cute like when he's just being silly or is super excited about something. Haha...but he's a musician...he sings like an angel do different pitches is probably kinda easy for him.

SuzanneS
10-21-2015, 11:02 PM
I actually think a little more about my mannerisms, and I try to at least show off a little more girly....

I may try to talk a little differently, also....but, really, it's still me....just acting the part so it makes my life a little easier to deal with.

Suzanne

Saikotsu
10-21-2015, 11:40 PM
For the most part I don't do much differently. The one thing I have noticed though is like if I reach up into a cabinet to grab something or I reach out, I extend my arms in a more feminine manner and let them linger in that pose a half second longer. I think it comes off as a bit more graceful, and it's something I do unconsciously. I usually put a stop to it if I notice I'm doing it because I prefer to not be super girly.

When I play female characters in the various tabletop games I tend to play, I talk softer than normal, but keep the pitch roughly the same. It comes across more feminine than if I were to use a higher pitch. However, that practice does not carry over to when I'm en femme.

DanaR
10-22-2015, 12:00 AM
For the most part, I'm just me. I try to walk with a little more grace, and not appear to be too guy like. I might soften my voice a little, smile a little more, but other than that, it's just me.

flatlander_48
10-22-2015, 12:12 AM
No, No and Yes...

DeeAnn

Jazzy Jaz
10-22-2015, 01:05 AM
I am pretty much simply myself when I dress. I have noticed that when I dont get around to clipping my nails for a couple weeks my hand/finger movements seem to be a little more feminine. I dont change my voice as its very deep and seems like it would be a lot of work and I dont go out so its not yet neccesary. I do wish that I could have a natural female voice at will though.

Katey888
10-22-2015, 04:15 AM
I'd be fibbing if I said that the act of transforming didn't make some difference to how I feel and therefore how I behave...

I have quite a soft, high register voice anyway, so I just make sure I put on my best accent and speak softly... my mannerisms and gestures are restrained and relaxed and a little more femme than usual (it IS an act of expression, after all) but nothing super girly... :thinking:

Well... OK - maybe the dancing is super girly... that is like my normal self (embarrassing in boy mode) but just let off the leash... :D

Katey x

ReineD
10-22-2015, 04:26 AM
My SO tries to soften her voice in order to not be immediately read as a man. And of course she will not sit with her legs splayed. But other than that, my SO walks the same, talks about the same things, has the same interests, etc. I've got to say though that both my SO and I are rather neutral in the way we walk. I don't sashay down the street like a runway model, and my SO doesn't walk as if he just got off a horse. lol. As to interests, my SO enjoys looking at fashion magazines whether he is dressed or not, and topics of conversation are varied, from politics to what occupied our days, whether dressed or not. Dancing is the same whether in boy or girl mode.

Oh ... there's another difference. In guy mode, my SO keeps his mid-back hair tied at the nape. The hair is loose in girl mode.

Kate Simmons
10-22-2015, 04:28 AM
Like a 68 year old grumpy geezer mostly. Well maybe a little softer after I get out and start moving the booty dancing. ;):)

sometimes_miss
10-22-2015, 04:56 AM
IRL I just overdo it slightly to avoid any feminine manerisms; I work in a predominantly female profession, where any male is automatically assumed gay until proven otherwise. So there's just a tiny bit of swagger in my stride, I tend to stand up straighter to emphasize my already overadequate height. When I get to dress as a female, I get to relax. But I don't try to change my voice, or pivot my hips, or develop loose wrist syndrome. In short, I don't do anything to change what I do when I'm alone where no one can see me. There was a time when I did try to adopt a few female mannerisms, but I really saw no point in it, as I could never pass anyway; I'd just look like a charicature of a guy in a dress. So I wound up just wearing the clothes that felt so comfortable (perhaps not to a GG, but they are to me simply because they are what I feel like I'm supposed to be wearing). Where my ex wife, when coming home couldn't wait to take off her bra and dress, I'm relieved to come home and put them on. Why? Because I spend all day long at work and in public, pretending to be something that I feel like I'm not. So; I guess that it's not 'girl mode'. It's what I feel like I am.....or was supposed to become. The few times my ex had any interaction with me when I was dressed as a girl, what she said in reference to how I came across, was that 'he loses something when he's dressed up'. At least, that's what she told our therapist. She couldn't elaborate; but I suppose what she felt I lost, was the masculinity that I worked so hard to perfect displaying to the world when dressed as a guy.

pamela7
10-22-2015, 05:01 AM
there is no one way for me. Some people have very fixed id and behaviour, whereas i am mr fluid, so i adapt and it depends on the company. Funnily enough therefore I can be doing "ultra-macho" in a tunic+leggings, or being super-camp with a ladyfriend who's totally being girly. My voice has always adapted, so if i speak to little children i use a higher pitch naturally, same with women.

Angela Marie
10-22-2015, 06:09 AM
I have decidedly feminine mannerisms. That combined with my smallish frame and the ability to effect a naturally feminine voice allows me to move and act like a woman in a natural way. Last year I was attending a counseling session and most of the GG's there said "if we didn't know we would have sworn you were a woman"

Ceera
10-22-2015, 07:00 AM
Pretty much as soon as my wig goes on, I shift my voice to a more feminine one, and it actually becomes kind of hard for me to slide back down to male voice until I take the wig off again. Ceera's voice is about an octave higher, softer, and a bit more breathy than my male voice. I'm even learning to sing in that voice. It still has room for improvement, but my girl voice is good enough to get called ma'am in phone calls where I haven't yet given my name or stated my gender.

Because I have taken the time to develop a female voice, I can happily chat with people as Ceera. I don't think I could go out in public and enjoy myself if I still talked in a guy's voice, or in an obviously fake falsetto.

When I talk, girly things like clothes, shoes, jewelry and perfumes come up more often in conversations. I hang out with GG's a lot, and take my conversation cues from them.

I move with more of a smooth glide and a bit of sway in my walk, but not excessive or exagerated. A lot more girly moves when I dance. I love to dance as a girl, even if I have no partner.

I tend to play with my hair a bit, brushing it out of my face or wrapping a bit of it around a finger to make a curl.

I wouldn't say I act 'super girly', but I try to do the things that I observe GG's doing.

Alice_2014_B
10-22-2015, 07:30 AM
I act like myself when I'm not out in public.
I'm super shy around SA's and customers because I don't have a girl-voice to shift to.
:)

Adriana Moretti
10-22-2015, 07:32 AM
only real change I make is a have a bit more "bop" in my step, and I am a bit more relaxed...but I pretty much am my normal self ...well..as normal as I can be

Laurana
10-22-2015, 07:56 AM
I definitely sit more girly. Aside from that and maybe playing with my hair a bit more I don't believe I do anything different.........I could be wrong though.

Krisi
10-22-2015, 08:15 AM
If I'm in public and have to speak, I will try to change my voice. I'll also try to walk and act more feminine. At home around my wife, I don't try to use a female voice or act feminine. At my age, "super girly" would be ridiculous. "Womanly" would be the word.

Amy Fakley
10-22-2015, 08:47 AM
I can't do a convincing girly voice without sounding like a really bad put on. Middle school prank call put on. It's that bad, lol. So when it comes to the pitch, timing, etc of my voice I don't bother. Even if I'm having the best hair day ever and by some miracle, I visually pass 100%, you'll know what's up, the minute I open my mouth :-/

That being said, when I get in girl mode, and I'm all settled in, and feeling oh so natural and wonderful, it is like someone pulled the pin on my girly grenade. Who I am, obviously doesn't change. I have the same interests, the same opinions, and the same personality ... but the expression thereof does change drastically. My physical movements, the words I choose, the way I sit, to some extent the inflection of my words (though it sounds incongruous with my dude voice) ... it's damn near involuntary. It's not that I'm necessarily trying to do a put on, but when I'm in that state of mind, certain mannerisms rise to the surface, where they would be decidedly repressed otherwise.

Convincing? Eh ... probably not. Authentic? For sure.

Sindeycd
10-22-2015, 08:57 AM
I always say that I'm like a light switch.Once I get off work & at home I'm always in Sindey mode and I'm so glad that I get to dress everyday.Once I dress thou everything just clicks into place without me having to think about it(mannerisms,hand & leg movements).My voice I try to make it a bit more girly when I'm out shopping and such.
I usually find when I go to events & such involving a lot of girls(gurls)that so many do not use a femme voice so usually I just kindda go with the flow with this although I like using a more femme one myself(I mean whats the point in looking like a girl if you don't sound like one?)Mine might not be the most convincing of a voice but adleast I try and as stated in an earlier post I can usually get away with it over the phone and such.

Nadine Spirit
10-22-2015, 09:43 AM
Hi Lexi-

Voice - I don't really change my voice. Maybe I speak a bit more softly. But then again for most of my life I have been accused of speaking in a rather feminine manner. People often ask my wife why I speak the way I do. Unbeknownst to me, I lift my tone near the end of my sentences, apparently as if I am asking a question. Some have stated that it is a rather feminine mannerism. I don't do it consciously, it is just sort of my normal way.

Acting super girly - nope. I just do my thing and act like myself regardless of how I am dressed. Though this took me many years to straighten out. My wife was initially a bit bugged by my behavior while dressed as I didn't act like myself. I often acted super reserved, which is not at all like my usual self. Once I started to relax and allowed myself to just be me regardless of how I dressed, things began to really fall in place for me.

Normal self - yup, that describes me. At this point in my life I pretty much act the same regardless of what I am wearing or where I am, or who I am hanging out with. And the people I hang with, socially and at work, have learned this is who I am and they roll with it.

Thanks cutie!

Ooohhh.... how about you, are there times in your life that you differently depending on what you are wearing or who you are around?

Dana P
10-22-2015, 09:44 AM
I like the 'flip the switch' description. When I am Dana its definitely more female....I am a little old for 'girly', but walk and mannerisms (even the limp wrist part) just 'happens'. I do soften and raise my voice, but that's not as good as it sounds like Ceera's is. I have a naturally deep voice and in drab I get told frequently I should be in radio....hard to hide that kind of guy voice!

Tracii G
10-22-2015, 10:09 AM
I'm girly enough in guy mode so there is not a lot of change for girl mode.
Walk with smaller steps,keep my back straighter.
I can soften my voice and speak from the top side of my voice box and get by if engaged in conversation.

Stephanie47
10-22-2015, 10:12 AM
I've listened to myself on a voice recording. Ain't going to change! No way, no manner! I only wear dresses which does call for a different set of mannerism than when I am in male attire. There is a proper way to sit down..smoothing the skirt of the dress before sitting. Sitting with knees together or crossed at the knee. No spreading the legs like a male and crossing the legs at the ankle. Walking with a shorter stride and slower than my male gait. A simple gesture of whisking away a loose strand of hair from the face. There are great instructional videos on YouTube for walking in high heels and female mannerisms. I'm fairly adept at the mannerisms. It's that six foot height and 195 lbs that would cause people to give me that second glance.

Cheryl T
10-22-2015, 01:11 PM
Well, I do change my voice as my desire is not to be seen as a man in a dress, but as a woman so it's only natural to have a feminine voice.
As for mannerisms they are all female of course. I'm certainly not the male me and don't wish to be.

S. Lisa Smith
10-22-2015, 01:27 PM
I'm exactly like Cheryl!!

Teresa
10-22-2015, 02:39 PM
Lexi,
Last time this was asked I answered that I would stay much as I am, nothing has changed, I'm not trying to act anything all that would happen is I would be happier because the side I prefer would be on view.

I came out to a lady in my painting and last week showed her my pictures, she said very nice but if you appeared like that at the class you would still be you, the person we all like to see in the class, still making us laugh and giving us inspiration.

lexi0922
10-22-2015, 05:15 PM
All of you have shared lovely things. I like to hear that when you dress it's not like an act. It's an expression of self and you don't over do it like you're an actress lol. I would think doing whatever makes you comfortable is the best!!

You all are awesome and inspirations

Tina_gm
10-22-2015, 06:03 PM
I tend to have a lot of natural feminine mannerisms and attributes anyway, which in public, at work, with friends and family, I try to conceal as best I can. Usually successful but sometimes the feminine stuff does slip out from time to time. I am an at home private dresser, so I really do not try to change anything. I just like to dress feminine when possible. it makes me feel relaxed and at peace. I really do not know how much if any my natural feminine tendencies tend to come out more, possibly some, but not by any means of trying.

Diane Smith
10-22-2015, 11:31 PM
I have always tended to have rather feminine posture and movements, and I never felt that I needed to alter or hide these in male mode. My voice is unmistakably male, but I'm making a little progress in making it softer and breathier -- although not higher in pitch.

- Diane

raeleen
10-22-2015, 11:49 PM
I totally notice my voice soften and my movements become a little smaller when dressed. Not sure if it's a mindset or just preconceived socialization causing me to behave how I think someone more feminine should act. Aside from that though, nothing too different from who I normally am.

Brandy Mathews
10-23-2015, 09:04 AM
I am a totally different person. My voice is softer, my mannerisms change. I bought a cd set that shows me and teaches me the mannerisms of a woman. I am a softer person inside too. My female side definitely comes out and I love that. I really enjoy being super girly.
Hugs,
Bree :)

Yinlingyen
10-23-2015, 08:34 PM
For me when I am out I want to think about my self as an attractive housewife.
MILF if you wan to call it that.
I try to walk as feminine as I can in my high heel sandals (love heeled sandals- thats all I ever buy to shoe off pedicure).
Weather here is warm so I am mostly in summer dresses (strappy or halter).
I sit mostly cross legged. Handbag dangling from my arm.
I do not talk much when out as this is the biggest give away in my opinion. As I am asian, I am small built with softer facial features so passing is easier. But my voice that I have to work on a lot.
So I have never shopped en-femme except in supermarkets where talking is not needed (silly).

Elli87
10-23-2015, 11:50 PM
giddy very giddy, and very sweet.

Crystal Beth
10-24-2015, 09:29 AM
My neighbors have noticed a HUGE change when I am in girl mode. They are GG and say I act way more girly then they do

KatieGG
10-24-2015, 11:15 AM
My husband doesn't really change how he acts, he's goofy and fun no matter how he is dressed. Like your bf, he has a great singing voice and has the ability to make his voice a little higher which he does a little if we are out somewhere but normally he doesn't change it.

Rachel Morley
10-24-2015, 03:16 PM
Hi Lexi,

Let me also be a "me too" :) I'd say that I don't think I have a particular manly demeanor in the first place and I tend to "sit cross-legged with my hands in my lap type of thing" in boy mode so my general attitude (I think) is not overtly "masculine" in the first place, that said, I do tend to think about my body movements etc. As far as speaking is concerned, well most of my girl-time is spend going to our TG support groups' events so I don't tend to change my voice, but if I'm out in public "mainstreaming" then I do tend to speak less and when I do try to make it softer and a slightly higher pitch. I know I'm not fooling anyone but I don't necessarily want to promote a masculine tone.

margararet
12-07-2015, 01:31 AM
My entire being seems to be transformed. I become more outgoing I love to talk and my feminine mannerisms seem to come naturally probably because I have practiced them a lot. I have been going out for a rather long time and feel very comfortable and confident. I have been addressed as ma'am many times when shopping which just augments my confidence. My transition as taken many years from no confidence or interaction to one of a great deal of confidence and interaction with others I just really feel comfortable being girly

Lily Catherine
12-07-2015, 01:58 AM
I walk and sit differently for starters, as appropriate for the garments I wear. I still speak the same way and sit with my legs crossed regardless of gender presentation. I'm sure I smile differently en homme than en femme (frequency of exposure of teeth for one).

And yes I play with my hair en femme more often simply because I have more hair to play with then.

Claire Cook
12-07-2015, 06:17 AM
I'm pretty much with Cheryl here. Voice? Yes, softer and I try to think I am talking above my Adam's apple. Super girly? Nope -- the feminine mannerisms seem to come naturally for me. I just try to remember when I walk "Boobs out, butt out" and walk with my hips and derreriere, not my upper body. the one thing that is different -- and my wife comments on this -- is that I am more talkative and animated when I talk. And .. perhaps oddly .. less self conscious.

Allison_CD
12-07-2015, 06:17 AM
I act and speak like a MAN in a dress. No one would ever think different.
Least I dont have manly tattoos like some "girls".

kittie60
12-07-2015, 07:26 AM
I myself take smaller steps and if in my heels shopping I'll put a sway in with slower steps. Voice is raised to a different. Pitch and handle things more delicately instead of snatch and grab things to look at.

jessica_brink
12-07-2015, 08:07 AM
My female mannerisms come naturally. I walk using my hips, have a loose polse sometimes, sit with my legs crossed, my voice also goes up. In general I become quite girly

rockerreds
12-07-2015, 01:06 PM
I am like I am in guy mode only a little more expressive physically.

Angela Marie
12-07-2015, 01:49 PM
I have natural feminine mannerisms so it really is not an issue for me

Skirtgirl
12-07-2015, 03:23 PM
This is how I feel, although living in Scotland the weather is colder and for most of the year I can wear boots with skirts which helps. Always wear skirts, never talk and it always amazes me how vulnerable I feel when in a skirt and heels, which seems somehow very feminine and helps the perception, as perception is how others see you.

Crissy Kay
12-07-2015, 06:27 PM
Since all of my cross dressing is in private, I don't really change anything about myself. But I do have to be careful while moving around the apartment, while in my petticoats! I tend to take shorter steps and move more slowly then usual, so I do not trip or knock stuff over.

jenniferinsf
12-08-2015, 11:35 AM
my wife says i am bitchier en femme than i am other wise...try not to be but......perhaps it is just that with being out almost all of the time, i no longer feel i have to keep it in check

gotta work on that...

Anne-Sofie
12-09-2015, 04:56 PM
I automatically change my voice, matter of speech and the way I act. It will be more girly, not in the wat that it is overdoing but enough that it's female to pass if you just see me from a little distance.

Acastina
12-10-2015, 06:12 PM
It's more or less a gear shift for me. Having lived full-time for eight years in the 1980s, I learned how to make it routine. When you're 24/7, especially that long ago, you don't get any breaks; it became habit.

I basically have two distinct voices. Being a singer with a relatively large range, it was pretty straightforward to simply go up the scale a bit without getting squeaky or into that phony falsetto that you hear now and then. Become a bit less verbally assertive, and little more tentative.

Walking and sitting and eating and drinking and such all get slowed down and more delicate, but again, not a big change, as I'm pretty androgynous in the first place. My gait gets looser and lighter, and I tend to dangle my wrists more. Softer gestures with the fingers rather than the whole hand. I try to smile more, whether subtly or grinning. It makes you look less ominous and more approachable. The prettiest thing you can put on is a sincere smile.

Out shopping or dining, I get more playful in interacting with others. You have to give yourself permission to let that old conditioned male guard down.

How much of this takes place depends on the circumstances and context. Out and about, a much more disciplined portrayal; at home, not so much. My wife told me long ago that she likes me sort of half and half, so these days it's most often the wonderful girl jeans she gave me, a snug lightweight top, light sweater, and flats; light jewelry and a tiny dab of perfume (she doesn't like strong fragrances any more). Hose if I feel like it (which is often), and always some makeup (absolute minimum BB cream, blush, powder, lipstick). I'm curling and styling my hair more and more these days, and getting better at disguising the thin spots up top; a clip-in topper goes on for confidence going out.

Michelle Girl
12-10-2015, 07:11 PM
My two cents on how I act in girl mode. Having heels on automatically changes the way I (we) walk to a more feminine gait and this, combined with the swish of a skirt, makes my mind feel more girly and elegant. So I act more like a woman. I think anyone who puts on these items, whether CD or not, male or female, would get the same sensation and start to move and feel the same way.

For example, high heels force us to change to a more elegant way of walking. Before I dressed I thought that women "put on" the walk. But the shoes do it to a large extent and because we walk like women we feel to a large degree like women.

The same is true of wearing a skirt and tucking it neatly as we sit down. Living in Scotland, I own a kilt which is frequently worn for special occasions. You tuck it when sitting in the exact same way. And I did this long before any crossdressing. It's the movements themselves that we don't normally have to do when wearing male garments. They are largely feminine movements because feminine clothing requires certain movements and the preservation of dignity.

Once I add forms and makeup, though, that takes me right into the feminine zone and I think I move with greater grace and feel special. But my SO thinks I don't fundamentally change the way I think or talk. I just feel lovely and feminine and special which I don't in boy mode, and that I guess is why I adore dressing. And it's probably the same reason women adore dressing, too.

Love, Michelle

Alice Torn
12-10-2015, 07:29 PM
The times i have been out, i avoid talking, but i try to present as a senior attractive six foot six lady in a dress or skirt. never tried pants, yet.Movements are more feminine. Shorter steps, hold, move arms more ladyish.

Janine cd
12-10-2015, 10:54 PM
I find myself being careful when I sit so that my dress or skirt are neatly folded. I am also very conscious when walking in heels that I maintain a femininely step. Crossing my legs and folding my arms are always kept in a womanly manner.

AmandaM
12-10-2015, 11:12 PM
When I dress I naturally move toward a more feminine behavior. I loosen up, walk different, the whole nine yards. I've been working on my voice but haven't been out in public in years.

tanya_cd
12-11-2015, 12:32 AM
For me, I would feel kind of awkward carrying myself as a woman and not trying to use a feminine voice. Ive done a lot of practice at home over the years, and have used it with others. Putting on a pair of high heels or a skirt, instantly has my body moving more femme.

Vintage4sarah
12-11-2015, 06:20 AM
When I dress in private, I am constantly aware of acting as female as possible with the right gestures, manners, walking and sitting, etc. Now that I am going out more with CD friends and spending week-ends at events this practice is paying off. Being tall, I am conscience of the need to purge all of my guy habits when I am with others. In the last two months, I have been out twice in public shopping with others.