PDA

View Full Version : what were you thinking?

Allisa
10-24-2015, 09:29 PM
You know how we say that we would rather have people ask us questions about our dressing than just pass judgement on us. Well today I turned the tables somewhat as I was waiting for my faxes to go through at a postal store that I use every Saturday I asked the young woman(late 20's) who's there every time I go,
Me-do you mind if I ask you a question?
her-no feel free.
me-I've been coming here for some time now and you've seen me in various stages of dress from male to female and all stages in between, and I was wondering what your thoughts were about me in general?
her-I don't know, you are the first man I've seen in womans clothes in here and I really had no thoughts on it and it's your life.
me-you didn't think I was a weirdo or something? You didn't laugh when I left?
her-no but it did make me wonder why.
me-that's the same question all crossdressers have and I am what is called "gender-fluid" meaning I have both genders traits that I need to express but it does get a little complicated at times.
her-well all I know is that your one of the happiest, politest, and nicest person I see here when working, and I must tell you the first time you showed up in skirt and top with make-up and breasts it kind of caught me by surprise.
me-thank-you, I never know what people are thinking when they see me and how they take me as male(in womens clothes) or female?
her-I think your female if that's how you appear and act when you come in here. It's fun to see how your dressed every week, I kind of look forward to you coming in.
me- thank-you, am I blushing? your too kind.
her-well have a nice day and weekend.
me-how can I not now with such kind words.
her-your welcome and bye-bye.
Now all this was with me presenting as my femme self, not to the nines but full femme casual skirt and sweater with the "girls", ankle boots, make-up and hair, jewelry and purse and confidence for all get out. The store was empty or else the conversation may never had occurred. Just one opinion but what a boost, my woman was showing and glowing the rest of the day even now in my night gown I'm still smiling. It just feels so right anymore to be Allisa.

Robin414
10-24-2015, 11:12 PM
Awesome story Allisa, I 'came out' to a young lady at a store I frequent presenting middle of the road, leaning on the femme side and she simply smiled "That's OK! You can be a woman if you want to be! ☺ "

A few days later she even asked with a smile how the transition is going...wow, guess I rock the the gender fluid look pretty well 😉

Cheryl_Layton
10-25-2015, 07:41 AM
It just goes to prove that it's not what you look like but how you behave towards people, that matters.

It's great to hear a nice story with a pleasant outcome that makes your CDing more worthwhile. Thanks for sharing.

jenniferinsf
10-25-2015, 09:42 AM
that is such a great story and a wonderful experience for you.....how satisfying it must feel to hear such supportive words

i have been pro-active and asked people who i work with who have seen me in full femme mode and have been well received but also cautioned that others (no names) might be tolerate but contract future work may dry up as an expression of their discomfort.

so i have toned it down in the work environment (where they hire me) but would still like to be en femme with the consultants that i hire.

i am en femme to all my service providers and have never had a bad experience

Stephanie47
10-26-2015, 09:48 AM
Allisa, I think you encountered an open minded woman, who decided to judge you as a person. It also would appear she did not have any preconceived ideas about you. Your conversation with her truly hit the big issue, "It makes me wonder why?" I encounter a lot of people who are truly perplexed about gays, lesbians, cross dressers and transitioning men and women, but, hold the opinion as long as she or he is a decent person....OK. There are still too many people out there who make erroneous assumption about any person who is not like them.

I'm truly glad you have projected yourself in a very positive manner. I'm sure if the occasion arises, she can rebut negative comments concerning cross dressers and cast us in a positive light.

Chriscrossed
10-26-2015, 10:34 AM
I'm very pleased for you and feel uplifted by your open minded postal clerk too. Here's to many more fun conversations between the two of you. :)

Chris.

mykell
10-26-2015, 10:49 AM
this was rewarding to read, when out and about in either mode i engage folks but never had the pleasure with them knowing both sides.... and yes most times were pleasant and basic social interactions with me being honest with the folks i was interacting with....just starting to go out as mikell more....

will be interesting to see the interactions with her moving forward from now on....

Kate Simmons
10-26-2015, 11:02 AM
There's a woman in all of us my friend. It depends on us just how much we let her out. :battingeyelashes::)

Karen RHT
10-26-2015, 11:26 AM
A fair question to ask, but no doubt many of us would hesitate to do so. Thanks for having the courage to so, and for letting us know about your recent experience Allisa.

Karen

Teresa
10-26-2015, 11:50 AM
Allisa,
Thanks for sharing this story , I know it's difficult to ask everyone but then we shouldn't have to, we know we're different but the important point is she didn't make an issue of it because of your good manners, obviously that meant more to her than seeing you dressed.
I had a very sensible conversation in a charity shop with a lovely SA, she really wanted to know about it and how it impacted on my family, OK I was in drab but she was happy to sell me a blouse, dress, wedges and earrings knowing they were for me. She may have discussed it after with people but I doubt she thought it was weird !

Victoria Demeanor
10-26-2015, 05:35 PM
There you go Lisa Changing attitudes and enlightening folks one person at a time, only three million left to go...LOL....
Good for you and it is always good to know what others are thinking.

SandraDee
10-26-2015, 05:49 PM
It's nice and inspiring to read this kind of things can happen :)
I wish there were more people like she