PDA

View Full Version : Boudoir photo shoot

cdbrandi
10-25-2015, 01:00 PM
It has been a while since I have haunted the pages here. Due to what all has been going on in real life I have not had a chance to let Brandi out of the bottle in pushing 7 years, and it is starting to have negative effects on my daily married life. While my wife knows and is somewhat supportive of my dressing, when I broke my back and ended up a paraplegic 5 years ago that put an end to us going out and doing things where it was ok for me to be dressed up because she is not comfortable with me being dressed and in a chair, and because I have not been able to find any shoes that would fit and look good with the clothes I have because of the way my feet and ankles swell. Wow that was a long sentence!

Anyway the other day she sent me a link to an add on groupon for a boudoir photo shoot telling me I should do something like that to blow the build up of pressure. With all of the first several studios I was very upfront with the fact that I am trans, and in a wheelchair, and I started with several of what looked to be the higher end studios, and most rejected me citing access limits in their studios and dressing rooms and stuff but mentioned that their photographers might have unease about doing a boudoir shoot with a TG person, but only one flat out said they were not comfortable doing a shoot of a guy in women's clothes and doing poses that are normally done by CIS women. After a little more digging on their site, it turns out they are a "christian based" company and flatly refuse to do work for any type of TG persons. I am not saying this to try to raise a lynch mob or get other people to call and make them uncomfortable or anything like that is why I am not including any names, I am just telling the story to try and blow off steam). Anyway I was about to give up and decided to talk to a few studios that are closer to my house. I live an hour east of Atlanta and I was looking in the Atlanta area to begin with. There is a local studio that posts amazing photos with their adds, so I contacted them. I was up front with the fact that I am TG and was wanting to do a boudoir shoot and somewhat local, and the photographer said that would not be a problem. We talked a bit more via email about hair, makeup, wardrobe needs, and when she asked about shoes I told her about being in a wheelchair, and she said no problem. She asked if I was able to get myself dressed, and move from the chair to other seating/laying options, which I can. So I have now scheduled a boudoir shoot, I am excited and looking forward to seeing if the pictures she takes of me come out anywhere near as amazing as her other photos. When I have them I will post links to some of the better ones here.

Katey888
10-25-2015, 01:24 PM
Hey Brandi,

It's good to hear you finally found someone who is both so accepting and accommodating... :cheer:

It's also good to hear that you're coping with the challenge of your accident so well... :hugs:

Thanks for sharing your story here and giving some encouragement to others who may be in similar circumstances... and of course, it will be great to see the photos when you're done! :D

Katey x

AllieSF
10-25-2015, 01:34 PM
Yes, thank you very much for sharing this heart warming story. It is so nice to see an understanding SO who thinks outside the box in such a caring way for you. Good luck and enjoy your moment of glory.

Sarah-RT
10-25-2015, 02:23 PM
Hi brandi, this is such a nice story, simply because of the strength of character you have shown through such adversity, thanks for sharing, you are certainly an inspiration of what to strive for.

Sarah x

JocelynJames
10-25-2015, 05:59 PM
Hi Brandi,
Congrats on taking this brave step . I hope it's everything you dream it will be and kudos to your wife for suggesting. Please post pics if you can and share how the shoot goes. We want details !

BLUE ORCHID
10-25-2015, 07:01 PM
Hi Brandi:love:, It sounds like when life hands you lemons you make lemonade out of them.:daydreaming:

cdbrandi
10-26-2015, 10:20 PM
Hey all,
Thanks for the kind replies! I have been getting nervous jitters with every email from the photographer. To start with they were nerves from waiting to hear if yet another photograher was going to turn me away for one reason or another. After she said she would glady do the shoot and would love to help me feel as feminine as she possibly could the jitters went from being nervous to excited.

A little while ago I pulled my wigs out to start trying to figure out which one or ones I would like to use for the shoot, and I asked my wife to help me pick. I tried on all 5 of the wigs I have, and they all need to go to the stylist and get taken care of 5 years in storage is not helping them any at all, and while I have one that I really like my wife said the color does not look good on me (it is a few shades off from my natural hair color), that it made me look sickly. My 3rd favorite she said she liked the look of the best on me, and that the color was almost a perfect match for my natural hair. I went to Instabeau.com where all of my wigs came from (nice wigs for about $10 each plus shipping) and looked at other wigs. My wife looked as well, and said she thought the Emily Wig (http://www.instabeau.com/by2/long.htm) in the color of the of the one she said suited me best. I also reordered my 1st (Hollywood) and 2nd (Halley, on the next page from the linked page) favorite wigs in the same color! I am going to be so broke by the time this shoot happens. I have to find new shoes that fit my feet that swell to crazy sizes when not in a lace up shoe, going to have to go get a pedicure to get my feet in slightly better shape (I would do a manicure as well but the wheelchair tends to eat fingernails), need to buy new lingerie so that what I wear does not look old and ragged, and I really need to get my legs, stomach and chest waxed so that I do not look like a hairy ape in the pictures. I am going to be broke, but I am going to be happy, and floating in a pink cloud for a while afterwards.

---ETA
And I need to get my ears re-pierced. I done it myself the first time, but since I have not worn ear rings in 5 plus years the holes have grown up. I am going to pay to have them done professionally this time.

jenniferinsf
10-27-2015, 07:48 AM
wonderful adventure tale....i am so glad you persisted and found someone to do the shoot. i am sure it will be amazing

what a wonderful treat for both you and your SO

cdbrandi
10-27-2015, 05:47 PM
I meet in person with the photographer today, and the photo shoot is scheduled for Friday Nov 6th. She showed me the studio and we went through her voluminous wardrobe selection. I picked out several things and she sent me home with several formal gowns to try on for sizing. I was wanting to do the 13th, but the beautician was not available, and the 5th was the only day we could all get together and the photographer still be able to have everything ready for me by the requested date. I decided to take my existing wigs to the lady that cuts my family's hair to have her care for them just in case the new ones I ordered last night do not show up in time.

This time next week I will be driving to the photo studio! The having to wait to do this shoot is making the excitement that much harder to endure!

Pat
10-30-2015, 08:47 AM
Awesome! I'm having vicarious excitement -- I hope it all goes off wonderfully.

arbon
10-30-2015, 10:52 AM
Hey glad you are doing the shoot and have a photographer to do it! Sorry bout the bad experience with the other places that s pretty rotten of them.

cdbrandi
10-30-2015, 08:27 PM
yes it is, but other than the one who flat out said they do not do photos for any TG client, they do have a legal loop hole that they can slither through, depending on the age of the building they are in. I am kinda glad they all turned me down though. I do not know if I would be as comfortable with any of the ones I talked with as I am with the lady who will be behind the camera. I have not met the lady who does hair and makeup yet, but I am sure she will be just as cool and as much of a blast to hang out with and talk to as the photographer is!

I made a compulsive purchase for the shoot yesterday while at the local department store. I have some feminine jewelry, but no finger rings and as I passed the jewelry department I saw a rack of discounted rings so I went and looked through and found two that would fit, one engagement style ring that will fit my ring finger in front of my wedding band and a ring that fits the pinkie of my other hand. I still need to get my ears re-pierced tomorrow or Sunday so that I can wear the earrings I am really wanting to wear for the photos.

The suspense is driving me nuts!

cdbrandi
11-01-2015, 07:16 PM
as mentioned in it's own thread (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?233333-getting-my-ears-pierced-today) I got my ears pierced today. I hope they heal up enough by Friday that I can change out earrings for the photo shoot.

-Edit to add link to ear piercing thread

heatherdress
11-01-2015, 07:54 PM
Brandi - I am so happy for you. This photo shoot sounds exciting! And getting your ears re-pierced! Wow - you are something else. I admire you. I would not have the guts to have a photo shoot in my home. Good for you. Please keep us updated with your accomplishments. They sound exciting and are fun to read about. I am happy just reading about what you are accomplishing. Have fun. Thanks for sharing.

cdbrandi
11-01-2015, 08:42 PM
I am really excited about doing this, and probably driving my wife nuts with all the time I spend talking about and planning for it. I pierced my ears myself the first time they were done, but they were a bit to low in my ear lobe and lop sided to boot, and I have not had anything in them in almost 7 years so they were grown up enough that a stud would not go all the way through, so I decided to go get them done professionally so they would be even. I do not know that I could go through with it either if we were doing this at my house, but for some reason the studio setting changes everything, even with the fact that there are going to be 1 woman I just sorta know and 1 I have yet to meet seeing me in nothing by bra and panties, or maybe even less, does not bother me. But there is also the fact that as someone with a spinal cord injury in rehab you get used to the large number of nursing staff and physical therapists seeing you in little to no clothing, and teaching you how to move and get dressed and bath yourself and all sorts of things, you quickly loose all sense of modesty and privacy. Granted it has been about 5 years since I was in rehab, but it is amazing how quickly that mind set can come back when needed.

cdbrandi
11-03-2015, 06:45 PM
Tomorrow I go to get my legs and chest waxed (read about that here) (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?233440-First-time-getting-waxed&p=3838679#post3838679). And the excitement builds another notch higher!

cdbrandi
11-04-2015, 07:24 PM
Waxing went without a hitch, and the lady doing the wax job for me said she has a female para client and the first few times she waxed her she got kneed in the face a few times until she learned to hold her ankle when she would pull the strip off. So while I had a few spasms she said it was nothing compared to the other client. After the waxing I went over to the nail salon side of the shop and got a pedicure. This is by far the best my toenails have ever looked. I will be spending tomorrow figuring out what all clothes to take with me to the photo studio. And the excitement ratchets up a few more notches!

heatherdress
11-04-2015, 07:57 PM
Wow, Brandi. That is really awesome. Waxing and pedi. So exciting! I am happy for you!

Ally 2112
11-05-2015, 05:10 PM
Sounds very exciting Brandy hope all the best for you and have fun !

cdbrandi
11-06-2015, 04:29 AM
Well, today is the day! T - 5 hours and 3 min until the hair and makeup lady starts working on me!

Katey888
11-06-2015, 05:52 AM
About 3.5 hours now... Good luck Brandi! :cheer:

(Is it just me or is the tension building a little like a real-reality show...? :thinking: And in a good way, I mean... :) I'm getting quite excited for Brandi...)

Katey x

cdbrandi
11-06-2015, 05:17 PM
The excitement has built to a point that I had trouble going to sleep last night, and as a paraplegic going to sleep is something that usually only takes being still for about 2 minutes, and rolled over wide awake at 4:24 this morning! As soon as my wife heads out to take our daughter to school I am getting in the shower to get cleaned up, shaving and getting dressed to be ready to head out the door at 8:45.

----ETA----
I am taking 4 wigs with me, I have the Hollywood (http://www.instabeau.com/products/wigs/0800wg-lcsy-hollywood.htm), Emily (http://www.instabeau.com/products/wigs/0800wg-lwsy-emily.htm), and Halley (http://www.instabeau.com/products/wigs/0800wg-lwsy-halley.htm). I will be wearing the Maya (http://www.instabeau.com/products/wigs/0800wg-lssy-maya.htm) wig for the drive over to the studio. Once there I will let the hair and makeup lady decide which looks best for what we will be doing.

- - - Updated - - -

finl count down has begun! T - 70 minutes! Time to head out the door. I will post a recap of the day once I get home!

- - - Updated - - -

Finally back home, and wow it has been a wonderful day! When I got to the studio, I went to make up first, and Ashleigh done a wonderful job. The first pose was in a Queen Ann style chair with a dark navy almost black high necked dress that eventually got unzipped and the straps slid off my shoulder a bit. The 2nd pose was in bra, under-bust corset and panties and wrapped in a white fur wrap. I stayed in the wheel chair for this one because we were over in an area, that did not have any seating options, to take advantage of the natural light coming in the window. The 3rd pose was on a mattress, wearing a vintage silk night gown. Kelley, the photographer, snapped about a thousand pictures of each pose with slight variations, and rearranging things around me for different looks. Kelley said that while she will show a few shots via the camera to the client they usually do not get to see any on the dig display until she ha had a chance to go through and polish them and get rid of the ones that are not in focus, or bad shots or just not up to her standards, she bent her rule for me and let me see some of them as she was doing the first run culling the obvious bad ones. She also said she will get a few polished quick and send to me via email to tide me over until they are all ready for me to come view and pick which ones I want hard copies of. When I get the emailed pictures I will add them here or in there own thread in the picture gallery. Until then here is a selfie I took looking like a drowned rat once I got in my vehicle after having to load the chair in the poring rain.
I think this is the first selfie I have taken that I have liked and shared with anyone! I am home, still have the wig in place and make up on, I had to remove the long nails to be able to move around in the wheelchair, and not looking forward to having to take it all off since I do not know when I will be able to get this done up again.

IamWren
11-06-2015, 05:49 PM
Wow... drowned rat?
I wish I looked that good at my best.
You look amazing! Looking forward to seeing pics from the shoot.

Sayyidah

Katey888
11-06-2015, 06:34 PM
Brandi... Just WOW! :)

You look absolutely stupendous! :cheer:

You must feel such a sense of satisfaction - and if you don't, you should... I'm so pleased for you - it's such an inspiring story you've undertaken here, you're leaving me with a smile on my face and a little teary-eyed as I head off to sleep tonight.

Big Congratz!

Fabulous!!! :bighug:

Katey x

Julie Denier
11-06-2015, 06:58 PM
Thank you so much for sharing this with us -- you look wonderful! I know we're all eager to see more pics. Good for you! ;)

cdbrandi
11-06-2015, 08:47 PM
Kelley has sent me 2 photos,
This one has had a few stray hairs from the wig removed, and she smoothed out my chin a little bit. This was from the last pose.

This one is straight from the camera, there has been nothing done to it as of her sending it to me. This was from the first pose, toward the end of the set.
Thank you all for the kind words, it has been an amazing trip this week and today has been out of this world. Kelley and Ashleigh made me look and feel like I was just one of the girls, and Kelley took fabulous pictures! She even went out of her way to get my shoot done today. The Studio she was in up until Monday of this week developed a major leak in the roof, and since she was planning on moving to the studio we used today in a few weeks she busted her chops to get into the new space early and get everything set up and ready.

To the Mods, if this next part is not allowed (I am going to give her a big obvious plug and endorsement) let me know and I will delete it.

If anyone in the Atlanta area is looking to get pictures en femme, or otherwise I would Highly recommend you make the drive to Monroe and use Kelley Channell. I will be going back to her for a full family set, and other en femme pictures.

Martina
11-07-2015, 01:24 AM
Wow wonderful pictures, what a great day for you.
Brandi I would think that you are on top of the world.
So pleased that your day was so enjoyable and your smile paints the picture for us all to see.

Martina

Katey888
11-07-2015, 05:33 AM
Super pics Brandi... I think your personal recommendation is wholly acceptable on the strength of the quality of her work and how exceptionally accommodating towards you she was... What a good person! :)

I'm sure the photos will go a long way to helping you relive the day many, many times over when you need to bring back a smile... :D

Thanks for sharing the experience and the pics.

Katey x

Nikki Elle
11-07-2015, 05:38 AM
Very Well Done!

cdbrandi
11-07-2015, 06:22 AM
As I told Kelley while she was scrolling through all the photos on her computer at the studio, by the end of the shoot I was on at least cloud 9 1/2 if not 10. While I have come down from the pink fog high somewhat overnight, I am still way up there. Kelley and Ashleigh made me feel and look like just one of the girls. There was never a time during the entire time I was in her studio that I felt like a guy. We did discuss some things that touched on real life, but never once did they refer to me with anything other than female pronouns or my assumed name. Kelley knows me in guy mode, but for yesterday it was like my male side was a totally different person. I know I have been singing their praises in the last few posts I have done on this thread, but even so I do not feel like I have done a good job describing the wonderful experience I had with them.

For the most part, even when I am dressed here at the house, I do not like the way I look in pictures. I am just not photogenic normally. The 2 shots I shared up above though is a totally different story! I feel like I am turning into a very vain self centered person! I have them open and set to 1/2 screen on my second display, and I can not stop looking over at them every few minutes.
These 2 pictures did do a wonderful job of catching the beauty they helped to sine through, and I can hardly wait to see the polished photos when they are ready.

Pat
11-07-2015, 08:51 AM
Awesome pics! Don't be self-conscious about staring at them. You've waited a long time to meet her ;)

IamWren
11-07-2015, 09:03 AM
For the most part, even when I am dressed here at the house, I do not like the way I look in pictures. I am just not photogenic normally.

I find that really hard to believe. I guess because looking at the selfie you took and now have as your avatar... you look so casual, so effortless, REALLY cute. It's just an adorable photo.

Hugs,
Sayyidah 'Sue'

cdbrandi
11-07-2015, 09:38 AM
Thank you Sue! I still had the makeup from the photo shoot when I took the picture I am using as my avatar now. I do not know how Ashleigh done it, but other than my slightly off center nose I do not see any thing that would make me think that was a picture of me if I did not know otherwise! I have never looked that good when doing my own makeup. I got to see the changes as she applied everything, and it was amazing to watch my male face melt away and the female one come out.

SherriePall
11-07-2015, 09:44 AM
What beautiful eyes you have!

cdbrandi
11-07-2015, 10:01 AM
Thank you Sherrie, and everyone else who has commented on my looks. I am still a bit overwhelmed by the way I look in the pictures. I never thought I would look like this, and I hate to say it because it rings of vanity to me anyway, but in these pictures I look awesome. This is probably the best I have ever looked!

jenni_xx
11-07-2015, 10:06 AM
I think you look fantastic in your photos Brandi. It's interesting that you mention your nose, one of my first thoughts when I saw your avatar pic was just how feminine your nose looks. I know that sounds a little silly, but I have a kink in my nose just below the bridge, and I hate it because it's the one feature on my face that makes me appear a little rugged. Your nose on the other hands just looks so soft and smooth. I'm jealous!

And I agree with Sherrie, you have beautiful eyes. I'm not surprised you can't stop looking at your photos. I genuinely do think they look fab.

cdbrandi
11-07-2015, 10:15 AM
Thank you Jenni! I am lucky in that I do not have a huge nose, but it is slightly off center, and a little slanted to my left to boot. It has been broken so may times that the last time it broke it did not heal back together. I can grab the lower portion of my nose and move the entire lower 1/2 of the bridge of my nose from side to side

jenni_xx
11-07-2015, 10:21 AM
I have a makeup session booked for a week on Monday. I met the two girls (one does make-up, the other does nails and brows) the other day and they were both really nice and helpful. I'm really looking forward to it. So seeing this thread of yours has just made me feel even more excited :)

cdbrandi
11-07-2015, 10:48 AM
Enjoy the attention!

JamieG
11-07-2015, 12:10 PM
Wow, what a great story. You look fantastic in the pics, you are positively glowing.

Samantha2015
11-07-2015, 12:30 PM
Both of the pictures are stunning. Congrats. :battingeyelashes:
Makes a huge difference when working with true professionals
it shows in the pictures. Glad it was a great experience for you.

cdbrandi
11-08-2015, 05:29 AM
Thank you! It is now the 2nd day after the shoot, and I am still riding the feel good high from it! I still have the photos sitting open on my 2nd screen, and I am still stunned by how well I look in the pictures.

DanaR
11-08-2015, 05:46 AM
Brandi, what a nice story. Thanks for sharing it with us. BTW, you look awesome in your pictures.

cdbrandi
11-08-2015, 06:00 AM
It was a blast,and thank you! While it was not a cheap experience, I feel it has been worth every cent that has been spent on it.

HerAngel
11-08-2015, 10:20 AM
amazing pics!

heatherdress
11-08-2015, 10:34 AM
Brandi - You look so beautiful! Your pictures are terrific and you are awesome. Everything is perfect! Thanks for sharing your excitement. You did a great job sharing your adventures and your feelings. It made me very happy and exciting for your, too. Thanks. Heather

Babbs
11-08-2015, 11:30 AM
Hon, you have hit what we all here strive for, You look and pass as a beautiful girl. Good for you!:daydreaming:

cdbrandi
11-08-2015, 05:42 PM
Friday was the first I have ever not felt or looked like a guy in women's clothes! I hope that the next time I get to get all dressed up I can recreate enough of the look that I can convince myself that I do not look like a guy.

Demi88
11-08-2015, 07:34 PM
Brandy I think you are beautiful inside and out. If you're not an inspirational speaker, perhaps you should consider it.

cdbrandi
11-08-2015, 07:41 PM
Thank you Demi, while I do not see myself as being inspirational, I guess to some I am. I see others on here that I see as being more inspirational than I am.

CD-Gina
11-08-2015, 07:50 PM
Beautiful photos Brandi, you're an inspiration

cdbrandi
11-08-2015, 09:14 PM
Thank you!

cdbrandi
11-10-2015, 01:03 PM
I got a call from Kelley, the photographer, this morning to schedule the viewing of the pictures she has finished. I will get to see them in all their glory on Thursday at 10AM. I can hardly wait to see them!

michellecd9999
11-10-2015, 11:45 PM
What fun! Can't wait to see the pics!
Michelle

cdbrandi
11-12-2015, 05:29 PM
I get to see the finished photos today, and hopefully I will get the digital versions today as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Saw all 150 digital versions of the shots from the photo shoot, and 20 hard copies. I got to pick the best 75 for her to touch up and do her magic on. I got to bring a few hard copies home today but I will not get the rest for a while. So I scanned the ones I got to bring home today, and they can be found in their own thread here. (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?233700-Photo-s-from-Boudoir-Photo-shoot-last-week&p=3843282#post3843282)

Molly James
11-12-2015, 05:50 PM
Great photos - looking forward to seeing some more. Seriously thinking about a makeover / photo-shoot myself - fingers crossed I can pluck up the courage!
GiGi

cdbrandi
11-13-2015, 07:42 AM
Thank you Ggi! After doing it myself, I would highly recommend doing it to anyone as long as you can find a photographer that you are comfortable with. For me it was an amazing self esteem boost to see what they were able to do with my very non feminine face, and make everything come out looking like I was a woman, from what I have been told.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you to each and every one of you who have commented. It was very nice to read all of the compliments! Between the photographer, makeup artist, all of you, and the few local people I have shared the photos with I have been given on hell of an ego and self esteem boost!

Samantha_Smile
11-15-2015, 11:36 AM
Amazing! Thanks for sharing this brandi

Can I ask, and I hope this isn't a stupid question, but does the spinal injury mean that leg waxing doesn't hurt?

cdbrandi
12-18-2015, 02:49 PM
Smile, I am just now seeing your question, but I will answer it now. For me , yes my SCI (Spinal Cord Injury) keeps any pain signals from below my injury level from making it to my brain, so I do not "feel" any pain from below my mid chest, and I also can not control any muscles below the injury level. There are other people with less seveare injurys that can have feeling but not have muscle control. SCI's are different from case to case.

Yesterday I finally got the prints from the shoot, and they are all loaded to my dropbox account and can be found using this link. (https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bfkq99poz5124bk/AADirKS856nAA0fqtpJajBdaa?dl=0). I think they all came out wonderfully!

Pat
12-18-2015, 04:10 PM
Wowzers! Those are lovely photos!

cdbrandi
12-18-2015, 08:23 PM
thank you, I could not have done it without the Ladies at Kelley Channell Photography!

Kelly63
12-21-2015, 12:17 PM
I would love to do a photo shoot like this! A Victoria Secret shopping trip would be in order.

cdbrandi
01-27-2016, 09:30 AM
I finally got all the digital prints from my photo shoot. There are 68, and I have loaded them to a dropbox account.

Mayo
01-27-2016, 10:27 AM
Wow. Those are some amazing pics. You look wonderful. I'd love to get something like that done myself but I could never manage to pull it off the way you did. :) Congratulations!

heatherdress
01-27-2016, 10:46 AM
Brandi - You look great. Thanks for sharing.

Jenny22
01-27-2016, 10:49 AM
Beautiful, just Beautiful !!

Katey888
01-27-2016, 11:10 AM
Brandi's link unfortunately does not comply with the requirements for offsite links so has been removed.

Please bear with us while we try to find a way to allow her to post again, likely in the Gallery section. :)

This thread will be closed for now... Thank you!

Katey