PDA

View Full Version : "Shibumi" is Now "Gretchen_To_Be"

Gretchen_To_Be
10-25-2015, 09:51 PM
Hello Friends

It's time to ditch the pseudonym I've used for the last ~3 years here on the forum. "Shibumi" was the name of one of my favorite novels; in Japanese it means something like...achieving an effortless state of beauty and grace. I suppose that's what I'd like to achieve with crossdressing, or maybe more.

As my feminine identity begins to take shape, I think a woman's name with more meaning, and more appropriate to me, would be better. A few threads ago I explained why "Gretchen" was meaningful to me. From now on, I've chosen to use the name "Gretchen_To_Be."

Thanks to the Mods for making the change!

Cheers

Gretchen

pamela7
10-26-2015, 05:20 AM
congratulations on your ongoing metamorphosis :-)

tifftg
10-26-2015, 06:07 AM
Hello Gretchen

Welcome to the next phase of your life. BTW, I remember reading the book back in the day. I am a big fan of the genre and as I recall I enjoyed the book.

reb.femme
10-26-2015, 06:09 AM
Is that Gretchen To be, or not to be: that is the question:Whether ’tis nobler in the mind to suffer..blah blah blah.

Well someone had to do it, so why not me? My wife always asks, "why only you"? She loves me really. :heehee:

It'a amazing that one word like shibumi carries such a meaning, but therein, is the beauty of language.
Oh, back to the issue...Hello Gretchen. :)

Becky

Erica Marie
10-26-2015, 06:11 AM
Welcome Gretchen. Nice to see that you are getting the chance to take the next step.

Kate Simmons
10-26-2015, 06:59 AM
I think we like you regardless Hon. I've gone through several name changes myself over the years as I've evolved as a person. :)

BLUE ORCHID
10-26-2015, 07:48 AM
Hi Gretchen:hugs:, I'm glad that you found your true self, Today is the first day of the rest of your life.:daydreaming:

Katey888
10-26-2015, 08:30 AM
Well hello Gretchen! :hello:

'Effortless' I'm sure, is something we'd all like to aspire to, sadly (but with some satisfaction) great effort is likely to always be required on my part...

Now, you've been here long enough to know that the following close must get everyone's bells ringing and klaxons hooting:

I suppose that's what I'd like to achieve with crossdressing, or maybe more.

If there's more you want to tell us, you just know you'll have to some day... :waiting:

Katey x

michelleddg
10-26-2015, 08:58 AM
On the road to gorgeousness. Watch this spot! Hugs, Michelle

Julie Denier
10-26-2015, 01:23 PM
That's terrific! So glad to have you as a friend, Gretchen ;)

Pat
10-26-2015, 02:26 PM
Congrats as you move along the road. I always wondered if "Shibumi" was related to the novel but up until now I never encountered anyone else who had read it (odd since it was a best-seller in its day.)

Gretchen_To_Be
10-26-2015, 04:42 PM
Thanks Ladies for your kind words. I'm surprised how many people have read the novel Shibumi! That was a really great book, and the author Trevanian wrote several other great ones.

@reb.femme--too funny! Well played, Madam!

@katey888--LOL, patience, girl. This is a marathon, not a sprint!

flatlander_48
10-26-2015, 07:38 PM
G:

Remember that we are all somewhere on the road from caterpillar to butterfly. See you on the trail...

DeeAnn

Maija
10-26-2015, 07:45 PM
Congratulations as well ...
but it was an awful good book. Whack a Volvo for me

Maija

Melody A
10-26-2015, 08:02 PM
Gretchen_To_Be is a wonderful choice :) Congratulations on starting the next chapter of your journey.

Hugs,

Mel

jenniferinsf
10-27-2015, 07:51 AM
i love the rich japanese but you know what Gretchen is also very real and tribute to yourself for claiming it as yours

welcome Gretchen