PDA

View Full Version : Patience with SO pays of!

Katya@
10-27-2015, 10:34 PM
Hi friends,

Just wanted to share a personal great experience. So my wife knows about me being a CD for probably 10 years or so but acceptance was coming slowly to her and frankly, I only accepted myself for who I am only in the past year or so. So it is not surprising perhaps that it started mostly as DADT, and was slowly progressing to me wearing some but not others items in her presence first. Recently, I started to dress (nothing too fancy) when my kids are not in the bed (they still young though). I was not complaining about my situation but deep down there was that feeling that I wished my wife was more at ease with it rather then avoiding/ignoring it. So as my birthday was approaching, she asked what would I like as a gift. Deep down, I knew I want more clothing. All I have is mostly for summer and it is getting cold here now. I didn't have any interest in getting more stuff this year. I mentioned that to her that I want to have something to wear and was planning to buy it perhaps in Salvation Army or some other places. At one point she even gave me a remark that she won't be buying me women clothes. I was cool with that, although I was a bit saddened by this as I bought her clothes on numerous occasions and she liked them all. So I said that this year, I would rather not to have any gifts and just use some saved money to go and buy some clothes myself.
To make long story short - thanks to advises of others on this forum, I learned not to push, and take it easy. Be grateful for what I have and l let things take time. So today is my birthday. I woke up, got out of the shower, and by my bed there was a bag with gifts. I pulled few items - stuff (although something good, and something I needed), and then there it was - a beautiful new women short and a sweater. I couldn't believe my eyes. I was so touched by it. It meant so much to me. It really made my day. I didn't know if this day will ever come, but it did and I love her so much.

Candee
10-27-2015, 11:34 PM
I'm so happy for you, Katya!

Carol
10-27-2015, 11:35 PM
Congratulatons Katya! That is a real step in the right direction.
Happy birthday.

AngelaYVR
10-27-2015, 11:41 PM
This is so true. My current post in the Loved Ones forum (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?233141-Happy-wife-happy-life) is a result of biding my time and respecting boundaries. Here's to further positive developments in your relationship!

Rita C.
10-28-2015, 06:29 AM
The other day I was looking at shapers on the net, and my wife said that thay were to expense and not to order one. A few days later she came home from shopping and handed me a shaper, she said that this is the kind that you wear a bra under it. It fit so good and it pushes my breast up and I fill a C cup ( I don't have to wear my forms, its all my breast) I wear it all the time.

IamWren
10-28-2015, 06:51 AM
Wow, that is really great Katya. What a sweet story. I actually got a little misty eyed.
So very sweet of your wife.

Hugs,
Sayyidah 'Sue'
P.S. Happy belated birthday!!! :balloons:

carrie001
10-28-2015, 07:11 AM
Wow, that's awesome!

Katya@
10-28-2015, 07:48 AM
Wow, that is really great Katya. What a sweet story. I actually got a little misty eyed.
So very sweet of your wife.

Hugs,
Sayyidah 'Sue'
P.S. Happy belated birthday!!! :balloons:

Thank you Sue :) Even though my birthday didn't all go as planned, as I was typing it last night while wearing her gift, deep down I felt the happiest person on earth. I think she could tell how happy I was too. Again, I didn't want to overwhelm her with my feelings.

Krisi
10-28-2015, 08:48 AM
That's a great story and while it doesn't work out for all of us, I think patience is the key to acceptance.

Be sure to tell her how much you love and appreciate her.

Stephanie47
10-28-2015, 09:13 AM
Patience does pay off for some. Glad to hear your wife realizes that you are still her terrific guy. A long time ago all I wished for on my birthday was a simple pair of panties. I felt getting a pair of panties would be a small gesture of acceptance. The best many of us can hope for is a true DADT marriage.

Gabby6790
10-28-2015, 09:16 AM
That is so great. It sounds like you have both been very patient and your SO might be seeing this at something that truly makes you happy.

Congrats, and enjoy.

Brandy Mathews
10-28-2015, 09:54 AM
Katya,
I am so happy for you. It is so nice to have a wife or girlfriend that cares that much about you and is so understanding. Happy belated birthday!
Hugs,
Bree :)

Gypsy Sam
10-28-2015, 10:05 AM
Bravo to your choice in not pushing the issue of your desire for additional women's clothing. Patience,time, and steady reassurance of your role as husband,father, and value you place in your relationship will allow for the creative times of self expression.

Chriscrossed
10-28-2015, 10:14 AM
Wonderful! The first thing that comes to my mind is return the favor. Be sure to focus on something that is near and dear to her which has nothing to do with crossdressing. The meaning is in how the gift giver can sense what is important to the receiver.

I'm mostly writing this as a reminder to myself. You probably had this figured out already.

:) Chris Crossed.

Jaime Noel
10-28-2015, 10:28 AM
Congratulations! That is an awesome step!

Katya@
10-28-2015, 10:47 AM
Patience does pay off for some. Glad to hear your wife realizes that you are still her terrific guy. A long time ago all I wished for on my birthday was a simple pair of panties. I felt getting a pair of panties would be a small gesture of acceptance. The best many of us can hope for is a true DADT marriage.

Hi Stephanie,
I hear for you. I know how it hurts to know how little the people who are so close to our hearts understand our inner emotional state. It was really hurting that when I found whatever courage I had to put my feelings into words, to see them being dismissed like they are not important ones. Just like it is insanely hard to explain how a small tiny gesture of acceptance from our loved ones can make a huge difference on our mental well being, how will it only strengthen the relationship. I hope things will eventually turn for you. Patience may persevere.

- - - Updated - - -

Patience,time, and steady reassurance of your role as husband,father, and value you place in your relationship will allow for the creative times of self expression.
You put it so well Gypsy Sam - these are truly the words of wisdom to all of us CDs.

alwayshave
10-28-2015, 11:27 AM
Katya, Congratulations on your present and Birthday. She may not accept your dressing, she may just love you and wanted to make you happy.

Beverley Sims
10-28-2015, 11:51 AM
Being patient in these matters does have it's rewards.

BLUE ORCHID
10-28-2015, 05:52 PM
Hi Katya:hugs:, Patience is a virtue and it really worked out for you.:daydreaming: