PDA

View Full Version : Anger clouds my judgement

Jennifer0874
10-28-2015, 01:35 PM
I almost always work from home. My wife goes into the office everyday. Since Monday she was supposed to drop something in the mailbox at the end of our block. Today I realize she hasn't done it again. I grab the mail in a huff and out the door to our elevator. We're on the top floor. It stops at the next floor and our downstairs neighbor Tonia gets on. We exchange our good mornings and have some small talk. As we get out of the building we walk the same way. As I get out side I notice the breeze more than usual. Suddenly I realize I'm wearing a long skirt as my bottoms. I freeze. Tonia asks what's wrong. Um, I just realized I have on a skirt. Yeah I noticed, I don't care. You're in a big city a lot of people will be too busy to care. We get to the mailbox. I realize I don't have my keys. Tonia now has to walk back with me to let me back in.

I tell her I'm sorry. No big deal she says I forget my keys sometimes. I say no, that everyone had to see you with the weird guy in the skirt. She says, oh that, it's actually pretty cool. She laughs, we hug and say our goodbyes.

docrobbysherry
10-28-2015, 02:13 PM
Sounds like a lucky event to me. Now, Jenn has a neighbor friend!:hugs:

Jaymees22
10-28-2015, 03:41 PM
Cute story, I bet the keys were in your pants pocket.

Linda E. Woodworth
10-28-2015, 04:21 PM
Well the cat is definitely out of the bag now.

I'd suggest you get ready for more neighbors to learn about Jennifer.

Chriscrossed
10-28-2015, 05:23 PM
I love it when we start to learn that our dressing is such a non-event for most of us.

I used the word "us" because there is no difference between "us" who wear dresses and the "other" people who we think might think we are not supposed to wear dresses who actually probably love us in dresses for one reason or another. ... Did you notice just how complicated and useless and long my train of thought was in that last sentence? ;)

Both Jennifer and Tonia are one of us, we just didn't notice until she told us.

Allisa
10-28-2015, 05:41 PM
Just goes to show ya, we worry too much about what others think. Sounds like your very comfortable in your clothes. I started to wear skirts in male mode sometimes and who cares I'm happy and not hurting anyone.

Helen_Highwater
10-28-2015, 07:37 PM
Your story demonstrates to me just how engrossed we become in our femme identity. We become that "other" person. Yep some will say that they're the same person regardless but if there becomes a point were you suddenly realise you're dressed in public outside the gender norm then you have to think that there are 2 identities sharing a common existence. One or two persona's, neither is right or wrong, just the way it is.

Nikkilovesdresses
10-29-2015, 02:29 AM
PG Wodehouse used to throw his stamped letters out of the window- someone always picked them up and put them in a post box. An apocryphal story, but when it was put to the test, over half 50 letters left in random public places around England were picked up and posted.

But then perhaps you now have a taste for such literary excursions?

dee anne
10-29-2015, 02:45 AM
A great story, each generation of people get more and more accepting of differences. I love America.

Angela Marie
10-29-2015, 05:59 AM
I love wearing tights and leggings. And as the weather turns colder in the Northeast I have begun wearing them around the house. I also go about my business during the day; shopping, going for the mail etc. wearing them. I'm sure I get some looks but at this point I really don't care. I think one of the previous posters was right. Most people really don't care. Live and let live.

Beverley Sims
10-29-2015, 09:54 AM
I have gone out many times unconcious of what I am wearing, when I get back in I wonder,"what did they think?"

Never had any repercussions though.