PDA

View Full Version : URGENT! If you've reviewed any product on amazon now your full name is up on it!

sometimes_miss
10-29-2015, 05:11 AM
For anyone who isn't 'out'; Amazon changed their policy to now make your NAME show up on all your reviews. So if you're not out and have ever reviewed a product which might, if others found out you use it, could out you, it would be best if you went and deleted that review. I had reviewed numerous things that I would not want the general public to know that I wear/use, and they had automatically made it all up there to read about with my name on it.

andreanna
10-29-2015, 05:37 AM
It will only use your name if you do not change the settings. Read before you hit the button.

Sarah Beth
10-29-2015, 06:30 AM
It seems to be a trend in the review sections to now want to use real names and locations on reviews. I think, I'm not sure haven't seen anything about it anywhere, that it is because there are people who write reviews who have never purchased the product. I very seldom write a review and I will never write one if they insist on using my real name.

Stephanie47
10-29-2015, 10:17 AM
It does not surprise me Amazon may change its policy since Amazon has decided to sue those reviewers who have made false testimonials. I like it when the e-commerce site indicates the reviewer is a "verified" buyer. I see many reviews on sites that are annotated as being from a male, and, indicates he likes to wear women's panties, hosiery and shapewear. I think the site may feel, since the buyer is a verified buyer, the necessity to let the person conceal his identity. If what you are saying is true I would hope Amazon would adopt the term of "verified" buyer. I've had that term associated with some of my reviews on a particular hotel chain, and, the review was in part negative but tasteful and truthful.

(T)he point I was making was Amazon itself will sometimes shift a review from one seller in its "market place" to another. That has happened to me. Years ago I posted a review of a toy that I purchased through Amazon for $12. Later,the review of the toy was shifted to a different seller who now was charging $50+. The manner in which it was shifted seemed to suggest I had purchased the toy for $50+ from that seller.

Maybe it's best to not make any review if you are concerned of being "outed."

Sissy_Michelle
10-29-2015, 11:07 AM
And that is exactly why I have two accounts. Two different addresses (email and physical). And two different phone numbers (poor police station)

Oh and if anyone would like to come visit me I have a nice beach house on the Sea of Tranquality.

Have a great day ladies.

@--}----
Michelle

tifftg
10-29-2015, 11:49 AM
I just double checked, I have a Tiffany account for downloads of Kindle books on makeup and crossdressing subjects. I have written a number of reviews (Tiffany Brown) and you have the ability to have it read any way you want to.

docrobbysherry
10-29-2015, 01:25 PM
"Reviews"? I don't write no stinkin' reviews!:Angry3:

Kirsten1
10-29-2015, 06:20 PM
I review most products from Amazon but nothing related to crossdressing. I have been very cautious relating to such things since my exposure would destroy my life such as it is now.

sometimes_miss
10-29-2015, 07:02 PM
It will only use your name if you do not change the settings. Read before you hit the button.

I didn't do anything. I had used a pseudonym for the past oh, ten years. Then THEY changed it on me; sure, it may have shown up in one of their 100 page notifications, but like most EULA's pretty much no one reads them all the way through. I only noticed the change when I went to update a review on something else. Then yes, after checking the potential problematic items, I did change it back, but 6 hours later it was still showing up with my name on it on some reviews, but not others. I plan on checking again tomorrow. If it's still showing my name, I'm going to have to delete the reviews. I really didn't want my review of panties saying that they had lots of extra room in the crotch for male wearers, having my name on it, nor that the size 16 pumps fit so nicely and were easy for a guy to walk in, etc.. Not to mention a few more surprises. I've added a lot of reviews over the years because I found other people's reviews so helpful, I felt it was only fair that I contribute. No longer, than you amazon.

Krisi
10-30-2015, 09:24 AM
It makes sense for them to use your real name. Too many people make up things when doing reviews. I seldom write reviews on products.