PDA

View Full Version : Shopping with Heidi

Kandi Robbins
10-29-2015, 06:50 PM
I had the distinct pleasure of spending yesterday with Heidi Stevens here in the Cleveland area. She was on her way to the big Erie Sisters Gala where I will join her tomorrow. I can honestly say, first of all, she is every bit the delightful lady you can see in her posts. It’s always a little nerve wracking meeting someone you only know through the internet, but I was immediately comfortable with her and happy to have her as a friend. We grabbed dinner (as our alter egos) the night before and got a jump on shopping as the stores opened.

I’m not posting any pictures yet, as I will do so after the weekend is concluded. The Gala is almost a week long, with various tours and activities. I will be attending dinner and the evening event (Saturday is the Halloween Glitter Ball) on both Friday and Saturday. Four outfits in two days!

It was pouring rain on our drive, but that didn’t dampen our spirits. First stop, dressbarn, where we had the run of the place and controlled the fitting area. In each store we visited I have fostered friendships with SAs there, so we were treated like queens. I bought a dress I have wanted for quite some time and am planning to wear it for one of the dinners in Erie. Next we headed to Soma and I had some pretty good coupons, so we picked up a few unmentionables and I bought a beautiful chemise I’ve had my eye on! Then over to Sephora so Heidi could pick up some lipstick and so I could show off for the girls that work there. I’m not going to lie; it was so cool to walk around gathering hugs from the SAs.

We packed it up and headed across town to my favorite consignment store. One of the women that works there is my unofficial fashion consultant and she was ready to go. She kept bringing Heidi and me various pieces, outfits and ideas as we tried on one thing after another. Heidi was somewhat limited because she has to fly back home so space is limited. I ended up with two great pant outfits (I needed help with that), a sweater and a great pair of pumps, which will get some work this weekend.

All in all a great day with a great gal!

More adventures and pictures this weekend.

Meghan4now
10-29-2015, 07:01 PM
Yeah! I love it when a plan comes together. I am so glad that you two had a lot of time to share, and that it was a very productive use of that time. I would have loved to tag along, but I was too busy downing free drinks in the DR.:drink:

Samantha2015
10-29-2015, 07:10 PM
Glad you two had a great day out. Can't wait for the pictures.
:battingeyelashes:
Hope your weekend is awesome !!

Julie Denier
10-29-2015, 07:13 PM
Sounds awesome! Can't wait to see the pics ;)

Closeted Kat
10-29-2015, 08:28 PM
What city were you shopping in? I live in a Cleveland suburb and I'd love to know where these accepting stores are in case of future shopping trips.
-kat

Victoria Demeanor
10-29-2015, 09:14 PM
:weep:...I'm so frigg'n jealous right now.....
I do hope that you all have a fantastic time and with luck Cleveland will survive. Oh yes I just can not wait to see the pictures and hear the stories of how much fun you all had (!%#& :Angry3:%$*).....LOL... No really I am looking forward to it.

OK I know you are going to be busy so have fun, be good....ish and ROCK that city!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Heidi Stevens
10-29-2015, 10:04 PM
Ok, I could sound like I'm a member of mutual admiration society, but Kandi lived up to her end as well! We got cussed at as males, rained on as women, but we didn't let us stop us! Kandi is one amazing girl, she walks up to shop owners, SA's, anyone and treats them like family. It's true, I couldn't get everything I wanted because my suitcases are already full, but Kandi did show me a good time and I did find a few special items. I'll have a full report of my Erie activities when I'm back in Little Rock. Thanks again Kandi!

bridget thronton
10-30-2015, 09:38 AM
Heidi when my wife and I travel she manages to buy a second suitcase to collect the purchases (mostly hers).

michelleddg
10-30-2015, 04:07 PM
Hey Kandi Apple. I would like to hire you as my personal shopper and wardrobe consultant, what are your rates? Hugs, Michelle