PDA

View Full Version : Getting 'ma'mmed'

Danitgirl1
10-30-2015, 08:32 AM
Hi All
Yes, yes, I know this is a perennial theme. SORRY!
But I felt the desire to share, so there!

I was on my way to my semi-annual cardiologist appointment and driving into the parking area I asked the security guard where I could park as the hospital had changed things since I was last there.
He assisted me but addressed me as 'ma'am'.
I was in my normal (male) work clothes. Levis, button up and collared shirt, nothing flamboyant... My hair is short back and sides. I don't have the manliest voice around, but I wasn't using my pathetic atte,pt at a femme voice either...
He must have sensed SOMETHING.
I sometimes get ma'ammed' on the phone as well and I have laso had it happen when people (shop assistants) are slightly distracted when talking to me... Maybe I am more 'out' than I realise.

Anyone else had this happen?
How does it make you feel?

For me I really don't mind how people address me provided that they are polite.

Belle De Mer
10-30-2015, 09:44 AM
For me, getting "ma'am" ed or "Miss" ed is an absolute thrill, although I have certainly never gotten it while presenting as male. Words can't describe how good it makes feel!

alwayshave
10-30-2015, 10:00 PM
Dani, congratulations on the mamming.

Jacqueline StGermain
10-31-2015, 05:45 PM
Although I've been ma'amed while in boy mode ( gender neutral actually)
It was because of my long hair.
Love it when I go to a restaurant or the grocery store, and I get the "can I help you out to your car with these ma'am?
Just love it!

JocelynJames
10-31-2015, 05:57 PM
Whilst in boy mode several months back my wife and I went to check into planet fitness and the woman asked if she could "check you ladies in" . probably the ONLY time it has and will ever happen to me

pamela7
10-31-2015, 06:00 PM
it's happened many times on the phone, before i realised i was CD. I was not either bothered nor pleased at the time. When I got my first letter addressed to "miss ...", now that was a thrill!

JohnH
10-31-2015, 09:52 PM
I frequently get ma´amed even when I wear men´s clothes. I have hair down to my shoulder blades and D cup breasts. The feminine illusion gets shattered when I start speaking, and then I sound like Johnny Cash. However, there have been times I get ma´amed even after I start talking.

Johanna

Robin414
10-31-2015, 11:12 PM
I made an online purchase at LTS for in store pick up once and when I picked up the order (completely en drab) I made an impulse add on of some cute leather gloves and the SA clued in and I'm now I'm 'Ms Robin at LTS for ever more!

Didn't even realize until the following day when I read the receipt...but when I did...wow...I'M FINALLY A GIRL! 😀 Thank You Soooo Much LTS!!

Tracii G
11-01-2015, 02:22 AM
It happens to me often because of my hair small build and female clothing.
From the back I imagine its hard to tell.

MeredithG
11-01-2015, 05:04 AM
I was not dressed and was shopping in a jewelry store with a female friend. We were the only people in line and had a question. The older female clerk looked right at us and said 'I'll be with you ladies in a minute'. Maybe she says that a million times each day and just repeated it, but my friend was floored and teased me about it during our afternoon.

Eryn
11-01-2015, 03:53 PM
The first time it happened to me, three years ago, I thought it so unusual that I created a thread on it:

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?172480-quot-Hello-Ladies-quot-in-male-mode!&highlight=

Now it happens to me so often that it prompts a smile between Mimi and me but not much other notice..

My comfort level for dressing androgynously and not conforming rigidly to male behavior modes has increased, as has my confidence in myself. I smile more and that also seems to be interpreted as female.

MissDanielle
11-01-2015, 06:24 PM
My mom was pulled over once and the officer referred to me as "her" but I didn't bother correcting him.

DressyJenny
11-02-2015, 12:57 AM
One time a female co-worker bumped into me and said "sorry girl". It was more a slip of the tongue and shook her head at herself. But I thought it sas pretty cool.

SamanthaSometimes
11-02-2015, 08:22 AM
Last week I went to the polling booth en drab but wearing tight jeans, guy loafers without socks and no makeup whatsoever. However I was wearing a tight T shirt showing a hint of breast under the shirt (even though I wasn't wearing a bra) and my natural hair in a very high pony. Early voting in TX last two weeks and I was the only one there at the time. I was greeted with a feminine pronoun when I first walked in by one of the male volunteers which felt so great. Of course the charade was over when I handed the female volunteer my driver's license for positive identification but she smiled welcomely when returning my license. It felt so good to do my civic duty that day.