PDA

View Full Version : Costumes at work today

Saikotsu
10-30-2015, 11:26 AM
Good day,
So in celebration of Halloween we're being allowed to wear costumes to work today. I figured I would go to work as a samurai, so I grabbed my tabi and geta(wooden sandals and the socks commonly worn with them) and I donned my Yukata (a Japanese robe like garment often worn during spring or at spas or bathhouses. Technically it would be more accurate to have worn a kimono, but I don't have one). I even tied my hair up in a samurai hairstyle. Not to brag, but I think I pull it off quite well.

Anyway, a guy walks past and says, "nice dress." Without missing a beat, I shrug and say "thanks." Maybe it's because I wasn't actually in a dress, but I find it surreal that some of my co-workers think I'm wearing one and it doesn't bother me.

Pat
10-30-2015, 01:43 PM
Anyway, a guy walks past and says, "nice dress." Without missing a beat, I shrug and say "thanks." Maybe it's because I wasn't actually in a dress, but I find it surreal that some of my co-workers think I'm wearing one and it doesn't bother me.

I prefer to think it's because that's what Musashi would say. ;)

Saikotsu
10-30-2015, 02:05 PM
Haha, yeah, that may be true.
That got me thinking. I wonder if there are any historical figures who were secretly cross dressers or transgender who never came out and were never discovered.