PDA

View Full Version : Hips

macada10
11-02-2015, 09:40 AM
I have the impression that hips and derriere enhancing is much more relevant to have a femenine figure than breast enhancing.... Do you feel the same?

Taylor186
11-02-2015, 09:48 AM
I'm sure it depends on your body type. I already have hips and a derriere (relative to the average guy) but nothing up top. Because of this I have focused on breast enhancement, with good effect based on general comments. That said, for the first time this past weekend I used a derriere enhancer, which I thought looked nice and added to my appearance, but it didn't receive one comment.

amber457
11-02-2015, 10:02 AM
I would say it depends on your figure.

For me everything is important, but having the hips the right size helps even things up between my shoulders/hips.

natalie_cheryl
11-02-2015, 10:23 AM
to me its more important because i am very narrow through the hips more so than most women which always made it really obvious at least in my own mind that i wasnt a wonem despite the fact that i had breastforms glued and very convincing cleavage

IamWren
11-02-2015, 10:27 AM
I'm trying to pull off the best female illusion I can so hip and curve enhancement is something I've been working on. For me, because I do kind of have some hips and a butt, I'm looking more toward waist cinching with corsets and breast forms to give me the hourglass shape I'm trying to get.

Katey888
11-02-2015, 10:27 AM
Doesn't this just depend on what you as an individual perceive as a feminine figure...? :)

There are all types of GG figures out there and we're not all attracted to or trying to emulate the same thing. You can be 'Botticelliesque' or you can be 'Kate-Moss-esque' or anywhere in between... I don't believe we all see the world with the same pair of eyes.. :thinking:

A bit of top hamper is acceptable for me just to fill out dresses or tops properly - but I really can't be arsed (pardon the pun ;)) with padding this and stuffing that down-under... but then I like my girls more svelte and athletic... :D

It's a personal preference at the end of it all...

Katey x

Julie Denier
11-02-2015, 10:44 AM
I find that to be the case for me. As a fat dude, wearing a good firm corset boosts my already ample upper half so I need little to no enhancement. But rear and hip padding definitely help balance things out ;)

sometimes_miss
11-02-2015, 10:48 AM
Depends upon who you use as a reference to what is the feminine figure. There are slim women with narrower hips but larger breasts, and women with very prominent hips and small breasts. Women come in a wide assortment of figures. So just pick whatever you wish, and adjust yourself to that which makes you feel best.

Edit: I'm a big heavy guy; but I wonder how much difference in butt/hip size will come from wearing heels if you're slim? There have been a lot of crossdressed younger guys who, upon putting on heels, develop more of a protruding butt. If you wear a corset I'd think that would narrow the waist too, making the hips seem wider by comparison.

Gabby6790
11-02-2015, 11:21 AM
I haven't gone there yet but I am thinking the wast/hips/butt are more important for me. I have broad shoulders, it goes in from there and then straight down so I am thinking that enhancing my lower half would help minimize the shoulders.

Jane G
11-02-2015, 02:08 PM
I'd say breast forms make a bigger difference, but I've always included enhancement to my hips, as part of dressing.

Erica Marie
11-02-2015, 02:45 PM
I would much rather have a female silhouette and curves with hips and a butt than a heavy top. Breast are not all too important to me, not in excess at least.

Sarah.Jane
11-02-2015, 03:09 PM
I've been thinking about getting some hip / thigh pads as I'm a very straight thin shape from top to bottom, not a curve in sight :(

Pat
11-02-2015, 04:00 PM
No. But what does matter is what makes you feel like you're achieving your goal. I most love myself (and other CDs) without any padding. But I do strap on boobs almost every time I go out in public "to make my clothes look right." For some reason that logic doesn't work for me with bottom padding -- for me it crosses a line that takes me from expressing who I am to trying to fool people into thinking I am what I'm not. I can't defend it in rational argument -- it's just how it is. So that's how I make me happy. You have to do what makes you happy. Everyone else is just audience -- they don't get to direct the show. ;)

S. Lisa Smith
11-02-2015, 04:14 PM
While I think that boobs are important, I believe that the hips and butt are the most overlooked component of crossdressing. If you look at the pictures of a lot of the girls on this site, they may have a beautifully made up face (which I believe is also important), great boobs and no hips at all. To me, the no hips at all is the biggest giveaway. For me, I feel that balancing my broad shoulders with broad hips helps me look like a natural woman. If you look at 100 women, 95+% will have hips that are about as wide as their shoulders or wider. Slim hips are the exception rather than the rule. The bottom line is that I want to be seen as a natural woman so hips are an important part of the equation. YMMV

Krisi
11-02-2015, 04:38 PM
Hips, breasts and hair (wig) all count towards emulating the feminine form. I agree with Lisa that hips are overlooked by many crossdressers and are the giveaway of a crossdresser.

As for the various figures of genetic women, this is true but you will seldom find a genetic woman with broad shoulders and narrow hips. Nearly all of us will need some hip and butt padding to simulate a feminine figure.

anton jon
11-02-2015, 05:02 PM
I am very lucky because I have a ferm and rounded butt so no problem with that. My hips are ok not great but its good enought for me but from the hips up is where it goes all fun house mirrors for me lol. Over the last two months I have gone from 21 stone down too 17.5ish stone and my goal of 13 stone is looking good for my april :-) . Its great to drop the tyres but my love handles tummy are sagging but the skin is shrinking back and my moobs are shrinking and not sagging. My main problems are serratus muscles (muscles at top back of the torso) they are too big to see the fem fully and when in my birthday suit I look like I am wearing a faux fur onsie :) its not funny but I can't help laughing. My shoulders are almost 3 foot across and my chrome dome has blinded many a passer by :-) but a wig and some boob forms should help. Waxing is a must but my build is something I can't fix but sure who's perfect right.

Do forms cost much?

My mum beat cancer many years ago woohoo but she has a box full of boob forms and they are great so all I need do now is get brave enought to let her know the real sonaughter lol I like that title, think I might copyright it :-) .

I love this site, never had anyone to chat about this stuff with, feel so free.
Thank you all love,

Anton jon

Lorileah
11-02-2015, 05:59 PM
I can only say four words "Female sports body shape" There are many women out there without large breasts and narrow hips and killer small butts. Work toward that look over the Kardashians...you'll be happier

Jacqueline StGermain
11-02-2015, 06:21 PM
Even though I have ample natural padding, it needs a little help getting "redistributed"
Corset,forms,and some hip pads make my clothes fit better,
Depends on the style of clothes,skirts not so much, but with jeans I need help
Think of what you'd like to see in a GG, I always think hourglass

Gabby6790
11-02-2015, 07:12 PM
I can only say four words "Female sports body shape" There are many women out there without large breasts and narrow hips and killer small butts. Work toward that look over the Kardashians...you'll be happier

I could care less about looking like one of those K people but I do want to look more feminine. I think a lot of gals are trying to blend and unfortunately those of us who have broad shoulders, no hips, and no butt, look very much like a man wearing a dress. I am sure that with a lot of skill and practice we could overcome this but it is a lot harder adding some padding.

Saikotsu
11-02-2015, 07:23 PM
Depends. Not all bodies are the same. Some women have more noticeable chests than others. Some have more noticeable hips. Same with men. If you spend too much effort developing one and not the other, you might end up looking lopsided.

Really, it's up to personal preference. I'm more likely to look at a woman's chest than I am her butt, but that's just me. That said. I generally avoid doing so because that's a good way to get in trouble, either with the woman in question or with my girlfriend.

Dana44
11-02-2015, 07:24 PM
I do have the body of a female athlete. I do cross fit with them and they are really fit women. I try to keep up with them as they are young and I am older. Only thing I can kick butt on them are push ups. I am five foot eleven and 150 lbs. Skinny as a rail. Nice butt and size 38B cup chest. I do have to wear the size up on full dresses because of my top. But on jeans and shorts my behind looks great and have been told that by both men and women.

Suzie Petersen
11-02-2015, 10:56 PM
For me it was always a desire to look as female as possible. A desire to emulate a girl/woman and if at all possible, to be perceived as such.
To get as close as possible, I would pull out every trick in the book and try to check every box that belongs in the female category.

For those who dress with the intention to look like a female, the problem we face is "the sum of errors". It is not the single little thing which might be less than perfect, it is the collective impression of the whole that gets us read.
Said in an other way, when people see you out and about, they might notice something that makes them wonder about your true gender, but unless confirmed, they might keep on wondering or even dismiss the suspicion.
So at first, they will look for more clues to help them in their determination.

There are certainly many women, especially younger women, who are very slender and who do not have much either top or bottom, or either. They are rarely presumed anything but female because they have the rest of the natural presentation together and it all adds up to Female.
However, when a man wants to presnt as a woman, he is fighting a lot of challenges. For many men, every detail of the body image is giving off clues in the wrong direction, so .. we have to camuflage it all. Like with all camuflage, if you miss a spot, people will somehow easily see what is underneth it all.

So for me, and the way my natural body looks, I need to enhance several features, both breasts and behind, and I need to draw attention away from features which I cannot hide, such as my hands. It is all about tricking the eye and build an impression instead of leaving it up to the spectator to figure it out. The more clues you give them, the less guessing they have to do.

It is all a matter of proportions and expectations. We all have different bodies and all have to figure out what it is we need to work on to mimimize "The sum of errors". So is it Top or Bottom that does it? I say it is both.

- Suzie

Jacqueline StGermain
11-03-2015, 03:44 AM
Suzie puts it perfectly

Judith96a
11-03-2015, 08:45 AM
Good analysis by Suzie.
Most of us probably carry around in our heads the "big boobs, wide hips etc." stereotype but, if you look around you'll soon realise that women come in all shapes and sizes - refusing to fit the stereotype. There are a significant minority who, in terms of body-shape, may be perceived as being quite 'masculine' and yet are rarely, if ever, actually perceived as being anything other than 'a natural born woman'. Interestingly, I have just come up the stairs behind two young ladies who are of the same height and general build as me (i.e. approx 6ft and not built like a beanpole!). They are both undeniably female and yet their hips aren't noticeably wider than mine. Of course, they don't have my broad, rugby-player shoulders and don't walk like prop forwards either!

The challenge that us cross dressers face is that it's not just our, un-padded, body shape that screams 'man' - it's mannerisms, voice, walk, you name it. So achieving a 'successful' female presentation is about mis-direction - altering what we can in order to deflect attention from that which we cannot. Hence we play to the somewhat inaccurate stereotype - mostly out of necessity.
So hip / bottom padding is important AND greatly overlooked. For example, if you search on ebay for 'boobs' you'll get a zillion hits. Try the same for hip pads!

Gabby6790
11-03-2015, 09:59 AM
Yes I think suzy's post hit the nail on the head for me. If I could hide all those other things (shoulder, hands, bad makeup) I could probably get away without enhancement but I am not nearly that skillful yet. Honestly, its the same thing with boobs. I think I am an A cub naturally and sure there are lots GG's that are A cup but being a bigger girl it just doesn't look right. So, I enhance my chest in order to look more like an average girl.

Krisi
11-03-2015, 10:04 AM
At the top of this forum section there is a sticky with a woman's sizing chart. Reading it, we find that a woman's hip measurement is typically slightly larger than her bust measurement.

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=95355&d=1250463479&thumb=1

We all know that not all women fit these typical measurements but if we are trying to appear as a woman, this is what we should be aiming for. As a few posters have pointed out, we need all the help we can get and having the proper proportions goes a long way towards creating the image of a woman passing by.

Nadine Spirit
11-03-2015, 10:38 AM
I used to be quite concerned with not appearing to have enough hips and would lightly pad my hips. But honestly, getting out and about all of the time, and having to deal with removable hips while using the facilities was quite the pain in the butt! (ha-ha) My wife also mentioned that while indeed it gave me a bit more of a hippy look, it never looked quite right for my body style. Kind of like how my boobs used to look when I first began dressing. They were too BIG! They never looked quite right and proportional to the rest of my body. Once I downsized my breasts and ditched the hips, I began to look much more "right."

I don't put much credit into sizing chart dimensions or what the "typical" woman "should" look like. And honestly since I have stopped trying to emulate what I think women look like and I have begun to look at what actual women look like, women with my body style tend to have breasts, hips, and butts, much more inline with what I naturally have. So that works for me. But I know that what I think about this issue is like blasphemy to some!

Saikotsu
11-03-2015, 11:38 AM
Depends. Not all bodies are the same. Some women have more noticeable chests than others. Some have more noticeable hips. Same with men. If you spend too much effort developing one and not the other, you might end up looking lopsided.

Really, it's up to personal preference. I'm more likely to look at a woman's chest than I am her butt, but that's just me. That said. I generally avoid doing so because that's a good way to get in trouble, either with the woman in question or with my girlfriend.
Just to add a little clarification, since the second half doesn't seem to flow from the first: the people around you will look for the elements they are inclined to look at. If and when gender is questioned, they'll look at the other elements too to try to get a better picture, but if you can get them to stop at the first part (butt, boobs, or whatever) then you're golden. The problem of course being that everyone will have different preferences, so like many have said, full package as much as possible. Work on the areas you need work on, but keep it realistic and proportional.

Sallee
11-03-2015, 11:58 AM
I would agree hips and butt make the fem figure more complete They provide the curves. Boobs are great too but so many of us overdue in the breast category and then forget about the lower half. You need them both

Robin414
11-03-2015, 09:16 PM
Hi Sayyidah, check out www.hourglassangel.com The Flakisima cincher (rubber and cotton one) is incredible, my top and bottom are good and waist isn't bad but with one of these, wow...they don't call the site hourglassangel for nothing 😄

@Sallee - totally agree, a little bottom weight puts the 'wiggle in the walk' so to speak as well!

MissDanielle
11-03-2015, 10:35 PM
#3 (http://feminizationsecrets.com/dos-donts-male-to-female-transformation/) on the Femme Secrets top ten do's and don'ts recommends great shaping wear. Aside from spending a gazillion bucks on clothing, these are the essential purchases depending on one's shape:
Breast forms in an ideal shape/size for your body
Waist cincher
Padded panties (with butt and hip padding)
Control top pantyhose

docrobbysherry
11-04-2015, 02:27 AM
I think most dressers use their mirror as their guide? :daydreaming: I certainly do!

I see hundreds of dressers. Mary's, in Long Beach, has monthly Tgirl nites which attract 550+. Everyone wears forms or has implants. However, most don't usually bother about their hips/butt. The results look to me like a female with a man's bottom half. If u like that look? Fine!:straightface:

But, I don't like that look on me. It's more trouble if I need to go potty, but I nearly always wear 2 waist cincher/shapers and hip and butt pads. It's become such a habit, I feel positively undressed without them. Like forgetting my wig or heels!:eek:

Beverley Sims
11-04-2015, 08:41 AM
A small bust line helps with the lack of hip padding.

I look all in proportion when presenting this way.

CynthiaD
11-04-2015, 03:50 PM
The right dress, perhaps with a belt, can give the illusion of hips, but it doesn't help the backside much. Without breastforms, my belly sticks out farther than my chest. Not a good look.

Josie
11-06-2015, 01:38 PM
I find breasts to be the most enjoyable part of the illusion but hips are I feel are necessary.

Helen_Highwater
11-06-2015, 08:50 PM
I have the impression that hips and derriere enhancing is much more relevant to have a femenine figure than breast enhancing.... Do you feel the same?
My answer is no. It depends to a great extent on your body shape. Although this is a generalisation, petite GG's tend to have smaller breasts and slimmer hips. Larger hips and breast generally go hand in hand. This has to be said is not a universal truth but it's what I've observed to be most offen the case.
It's in truth a balance between the two. Neither holds sway. It's mix and match to suit your frame.

Lori Kurtz
11-06-2015, 09:36 PM
I love breasts, but it's the overall look that's important. There are so many little clues that can say, "Guy in a dress," it makes sense to eliminate as many of those clues as we can. Everything that says, "Female," is worth doing. Curvy is feminine, and curvy applies to areas below the waist as well as above.

CD_Erica
11-07-2015, 10:02 AM
I'm rather petite and I have a bit of a nice round bum but thin in the hips, that's always bothered me. I can use breastforms that I think go with my height but my lack of hips really throws me off. I guess it's just finding that balance between the two is key.

Tracii G
11-07-2015, 11:48 AM
I think no matter what size hips a female has the arch of the lower back is the important factor too.
Men are straight up and down women have that arch where the back ends and the butt begins.
However you achieve that lower arch whether it is with hip or butt padding or natural that one of the keys.
For me personally I need help in that dept so I use padding most of the time.

Kaze_
11-07-2015, 01:15 PM
I wouldn't cross dress without both.

Women's clothes tend not to fit nor look their best without hips and boobs.

Sky
11-07-2015, 02:44 PM
We need a little bit of both.

It's a fact our male bodies are kind of cylindrical, no marked contrast between breasts, waist and hips. So we need to do something to bring up that contrast. In my case, I go for very moderate breasts, a rather brutal (but effective :D) waist cincher, and moderate butt pads. That is enough to create the hourglass visual effect. That being said, there are women of every conceivable shape, so neither "huge boobs" nor "huge butt" are necessarily unfeminine.

BLUE ORCHID
11-07-2015, 07:44 PM
Hi Macada:hugs:, A feminine figure with more curves than 40 miles of bad road is a good thing. :daydreaming:

Demi88
11-07-2015, 08:13 PM
What Katey said.

Teresa
11-08-2015, 10:31 AM
Macada,
I wouldn't agree with that as long as your figure is in balance but it is personal preference.
I've just been given a some dresses by my counsellor mostly UK size 12 and they fit perfectly she is slim with a balanced figure much like mine, all I rely on are my forms for my femme shape.

Arcanine
11-08-2015, 10:43 AM
I've been thinking about getting some hip / thigh pads as I'm a very straight thin shape from top to bottom, not a curve in sight :(

I've found it makes a significant difference. I have a very thin/straight shape as well and getting some pads helped tremendously.

Babbs
11-08-2015, 11:14 AM
I believe both are equally as important. I have padded hip panties and they make a big difference. I try to observe how most women look, not just the models and most have bigger hips and butts than shoulders and upper body. Remember they carry and deliver babies so that's the most natural having wider hips. I feel we crossdressers focus on the boobs because it feels so feminine to have the boobs bounce and jiggle when we move and they are usually noticed by us first and foremost. Padded hips and butt don't necessarily feel feminine like a bra and forms do but they are needed for the feminine form.

Acastina
11-17-2015, 01:48 PM
Lots of good takes here. It is generally about the hip-shoulder balance. I find the narrow-shoulder/modest bust/full-hips-and-butt figure especially attractive. I guess one out of three ain't bad. My shoulders are relatively broad, but not bony or muscular; in sleeveless or spaghetti-strap tops they look more like an athletic woman's than a well-built man's. Got the modest-bust thing goin' on just fine. Unfortunately hips are slender and butt nonexistent. I've tried a variety of padded knickers to balance things out, and they can be quite effective, from simple padded panties to a much more elaborate panty-girdle enhancer from a company called Classic Curves, (http://www.clcrv.com). That provides a wraparound effect that is pretty amazing. Like most such foundation garments, though, it's not the most comfortable or practical item for long-term wear. They have variety of styles available, and, last I checked, run about $150. Someone here also referenced Dress Tech, and their products appear to be of the same high-concept/high-quality strain.

There are lots of ways to give the appearance of more junk in the trunk with clothing. Let a tuckable top hang outside, for example, or wear a light, long sweater. It naturally flares out a bit, giving the appearance that hips and butt are holding it out.

I'm thinking of a GG I know who frequents some community events in our town. Very pretty blonde with boobs to die for, then straight as a slab from there on down. The point has been well made here that humans of both biological sexes come in all shapes and sizes, so make the most of whatcha got, experiment with pads and how you dress, and get over it.

Angela Marie
11-17-2015, 04:15 PM
I guess I would vote for the hips and butt. Only because my tush is pretty well developed from exercising and my small stature makes it even more prominent. But as someone pointe out women come in all shapes and sizes.

Brandy Mathews
11-17-2015, 06:10 PM
I think that it is a combination of everything. Including your mannerisms and the way you walk, do your makeup, and the way you dress too.
Hugs,
Bree :)