PDA

View Full Version : Celebration of 2015

joanna4
11-02-2015, 06:44 PM
Hi everyone!!!!

So as some of you know, I have indulged myself with dressing this year from going out dressed every chance I get to places like the mall, small boutiques, and makeup stores. I was met with positive response and it was amazing. I felt like it fed me the energy that I craved and embraced me with courage like never before. I even went out with a CD friend Hamburger Mary's over the summer. I made so many threads, I didn't think I would ever do. This year couldn't be any better.

About a month ago, I had the thought of dressing to school (I didn't, I'm really sorry), going to school was amazing as I was constantly daydreaming of being dressed and going to class the week of Halloween and feeling accepted. I was able to talk to a close girl friend of mine about doing makeup for Halloween. She was thinking of a "manly makeup" but I told her "why not do a boy to girl transformation" like the ones on youtube. She was so ecstatic that she couldn't stop talking about it. Come Halloween, I went to her house to help prep for a party and then got my transformation done. She really high end makeup, her clothes(some were mine)and a cheap wig. Everything was done her way.

After I saw the pictures I took on her phone, I just had to give my share of it to all my friends on facebook and instagram. It was liberating and exciting! Basically all my friends saw what I would look like in female mode/drag. I was met with all kinds of reviews but now that I'm a month away from being a quarter century old, I feel like I accomplished a lot and extremely satisfied with my life and the choices I've made. Basically all my friends saw what I would look like in female mode/drag.

On top of all that, I even got a job at Forever 21 week. I can finally be where I feel like I belong, something I should have done a long time ago. Its the right environment. Its been an amazing year and one amazing month. If its any advice I can give, its to just live your life the way you want. Don't let anything hold you back.

Thank you so much for being with me throughout this journey of accepting and appreciating myself along with learning the finer things in life. Thank you for allowing me to share this with you and thank you for reading.

<3 Joanna

Jazzy Jaz
11-02-2015, 10:45 PM
Awesome, good for you!

GeorgeA
11-03-2015, 12:17 AM
Thanks for sharing. You're doing well.

MissDanielle
11-03-2015, 12:48 AM
Thanks for sharing. I hope my 2016 is as awesome as your 2015 has been.

eire emma
11-03-2015, 03:03 AM
Well done Joanna. Go girl!

JeanetteX
11-03-2015, 03:59 AM
Joanna, I am so happy things are going so well for you. And you deserve it girl...your a great friend and a great person. I wish you all the luck girl!!!

joanna4
11-03-2015, 11:36 PM
Thank you so much for all the kind words. Since the day I joined this forum in 2011, I never though life would turn out like this. This year, I've reached my pinnacle.

Suzanne F
11-04-2015, 12:14 AM
Way to go cutie! I feel the same but you have beaten me to it by 25 years. Figure out how far you need to go and live a great life!
Suzanne

Beverley Sims
11-04-2015, 12:03 PM
Joanna,
It is nice to see it all falling in place for you.

Do tread carefully though it is so easy to stumble on your journey.

Have fun and I wish you success.

MarisaRose.
11-04-2015, 01:44 PM
Joanna, continue living the dream one day at a time, congrats and keep the faith!!!

Marisa.