PDA

View Full Version : New Tranney

SamanthaSometimes
11-05-2015, 08:25 AM
I was driving to work this week and the check engine light illuminated on my car's dashboard. I pulled into my mechanic's garage. After checking out the car, he looked me straight in the eyes and said "You need a new tranni".
My first thought, "You have no idea".

Gabby6790
11-05-2015, 08:52 AM
I had a similar revelation like this recently. I must have overpaid the dentist bill and they sent a check for the difference. It was made out to the feminine version of my real name. So, if my name was patrick it was made out to patricia. I wondered if they knew something I didn't. :eek:

Pat
11-05-2015, 09:14 AM
My alternate reality moment came when I picked up a new top at Old Navy. As I was bringing it up the register, I noticed that inside it was labeled, "XL/TG" -- how did they know? :eek:

Meghan4now
11-05-2015, 10:01 AM
Ha! That isn't a standard size?

Karren H
11-05-2015, 11:04 AM
I just spent a week tearing into my rear end and my front dif on my truck. Got tons of "tranny" comments from my coworkers. If the brake shoe fits! Lol

Hell on Heels
11-05-2015, 11:06 AM
As part of my regular routine at work, I had to offload this same truck nearly every other day for six weeks!
Much Love,
Kristyn

Katey888
11-05-2015, 01:23 PM
"K-TRANS" Kristyn...? That's one of my trailers... was it full of cocktail shakers...? :D

Life is full of subliminal pointers as if the universe knows intimately about us...

At my gym I was using an older piece of equipment I rarely use and as I begin to enter the program the screen lights up with "Insert TGs Key to Start"... :eek: The equipment is made by an Italian company called TechnoGym...

Katey x

reb.femme
11-05-2015, 02:23 PM
There's a joke to be had in the 'cocktail shakers' line, but I'm not the person to pull it off.

Becky

Erica Marie
11-05-2015, 02:41 PM
There are all kinds of interpretations.

My coworker goes drag racing on the weekends. Hmm I never would have guessed, he doesnt look like the kind that could run in heels, lol :)

As far as trannys, I work in a car dealership parts dept, we are servicing trannys every day, I never seen any walk through, they must have a special entrance.

Christie ann
11-05-2015, 02:59 PM
There is an older term in snow science about temperature gradient snow or TG snow. As one of the older girls in this sort of thing, I have never gotten out of the habit of calling it TG snow.

flatlander_48
11-05-2015, 03:10 PM
My alternate reality moment came when I picked up a new top at Old Navy. As I was bringing it up the register, I noticed that inside it was labeled, "XL/TG" -- how did they know? :eek:

eXtra Lovely/Tres Grand...

DeeAnn

NicoleScott
11-05-2015, 03:12 PM
If you were able to drive to the shop with a check engine light on, you might need transmission work, maybe an overhaul, but probably not a new one. I'd get a second and third opinion. Years ago when I had transmission problems, I took it to a national brand name shop. The mechanic got on his hands and knees and looked under the car, and said "I don't know exactly what's wrong, but you need a new transmission". We took it to a dealer who correctly diagnosed the problem. It was a broken sensor, causing fluid loss. $28.00, which included fluid.

Hell on Heels
11-05-2015, 03:25 PM
No Katey, that trailer was full of empty wine bottles.
Why the hell do you keep sending back the empties?????
There is an actual event at the gay rodeo called "The Drag Race".
It involves a man, a woman, a drag queen, and a goat!
You really have to see it in person to enjoy it!
And yes, there is an actual National Gay Rodeo Association.
Talk about drama!
The medics were in the arena more often than the livestock.
Much Love,
Kristyn

Eryn
11-05-2015, 04:05 PM
Persephone found this gem at an outlet store

Nicole Erin
11-05-2015, 04:08 PM
As far as trannys, I work in a car dealership parts dept, we are servicing trannys every day, I never seen any walk through, they must have a special entrance.
Some men pay big dollars to service trannys.

But as far as transmissions, it can be a challenge on ones that have no drain plug or accessible filter.

AnnieMac
11-05-2015, 04:14 PM
Woohooo, workin' a little "blue" tonight eh Nicole?? "She's here all week folks, try the veal" !

Amy Fakley
11-05-2015, 04:18 PM
While we're on the subject of subliminally trans advertising ...

(Yes I was disappointed when someone explained how this was a play on German pink telephone directories the parent company was originally known for or whatever ... I mean look at that ad. How could I not buy a phone ??) :rofl:

Pat
11-05-2015, 04:46 PM
As far as trannys, I work in a car dealership parts dept, we are servicing trannys every day...

There's a Yakov Smirnoff joke in there ("In my country, the trannys service YOU.") But I'm too classy to tell it. ;)

OCCarly
11-05-2015, 05:11 PM
What, the mechanic didn't tell you that you need to change your gender fluid?

flatlander_48
11-05-2015, 05:17 PM
Woohooo, workin' a little "blue" tonight eh Nicole?? "She's here all week folks, try the veal" !

You forgot the Rimshot...

DeeAnn

Evie82
11-05-2015, 06:59 PM
Round my way there's a haulage/delivery company called Trans Mann. I seem to get stuck behind one of their vans on my way to work quite a lot, but it always makes me smile.

anton jon
11-05-2015, 07:10 PM
Hahaha I am notted her you are so funny.

Chloe hon have you tried wd40 to help with that problem ...........:daydreaming::eek: :doh:

Think that one might get deleted, might be a step too far with the blue side hehehe I a naughty b

Bobbi46
11-05-2015, 07:11 PM
Many many years ago I was in the motor trade in Uk and tranni referred to the Ford transit van, is that where we have evolved from ? LOL

Tracii G
11-05-2015, 08:29 PM
Just had brakes and new power steering hoses installed at the dealer,they also did a multi point inspection and he said my tranny was fine.
I was standing at the cashier window when he said all that. The cashier was a young girl so I thought I would have a bit of fun.
I said so glad to hear that because I am performing at a drag show this weekend.
He walked off and the girl had her hand over her mouth about to break out laughing.
She squealed OMG that was hilarious. As I paid my bill she was a giggle fest.

GeorgeA
11-05-2015, 08:35 PM
There is a place in South Africa named after a crossdresser Valerie, its called Transval.

Ineke Vashon
11-05-2015, 08:41 PM
So, to go for some transaction, do I go to the bank or a hip bar?

Ineke

GeorgeA
11-05-2015, 10:27 PM
So, to go for some transaction, do I go to the bank or a hip bar?

Ineke

The choice is yours, just make sure you're not tardy as that will translate.

Krisi
11-06-2015, 07:54 AM
I see the term "tranny" used often by people who have a hard time spelling "transmission". When I talk or write about a transmission, that's what I call it, a "transmission".

What is more interesting to me is the difference in terms used by those of us in the USA and those in the UK. For example, someone once wrote about "binning" her clothes.

Evie82
11-06-2015, 12:43 PM
Chloe hon have you tried wd40 to help with that problem ...........:daydreaming::eek: :doh:

I think it's way beyond WD40 hun!

SamanthaSometimes
11-06-2015, 01:31 PM
You girls are hilarious! There is such a smart and witty bunch of people here.

Just had brakes and new power steering hoses installed at the dealer,they also did a multi point inspection and he said my tranny was fine.
I was standing at the cashier window when he said all that. The cashier was a young girl so I thought I would have a bit of fun.
I said so glad to hear that because I am performing at a drag show this weekend.
He walked off and the girl had her hand over her mouth about to break out laughing.
She squealed OMG that was hilarious. As I paid my bill she was a giggle fest.

Priceless Tracii

What, the mechanic didn't tell you that you need to change your gender fluid?
No, Carly, he didn't tell me that. Believe me, I have plenty of fluid.

While we're on the subject of subliminally trans advertising ...

(Yes I was disappointed when someone explained how this was a play on German pink telephone directories the parent company was originally known for or whatever ... I mean look at that ad. How could I not buy a phone ??) :rofl:
I've thought about that several times too but I'm an AT&T girl. But I sure like her dress and how it flows when she walks. This is one commercial I never skip by using the DVR.

If you were able to drive to the shop with a check engine light on, you might need transmission work, maybe an overhaul, but probably not a new one. I'd get a second and third opinion. Years ago when I had transmission problems, I took it to a national brand name shop. The mechanic got on his hands and knees and looked under the car, and said "I don't know exactly what's wrong, but you need a new transmission". We took it to a dealer who correctly diagnosed the problem. It was a broken sensor, causing fluid loss. $28.00, which included fluid.
I didn't tell all the story just to keep it short. Actually, by the time I got close to work, the transmission was slipping very badly and often just fell out of gear even in the transmission's safe mode. This was my mechanic of many years and I trust him - he's saved me money many times.

There are all kinds of interpretations.

My coworker goes drag racing on the weekends. Hmm I never would have guessed, he doesnt look like the kind that could run in heels, lol :)

You hit it out of the park Erica Marie!!!

"K-TRANS" Kristyn...? That's one of my trailers... was it full of cocktail shakers...? :D

Life is full of subliminal pointers as if the universe knows intimately about us...

At my gym I was using an older piece of equipment I rarely use and as I begin to enter the program the screen lights up with "Insert TGs Key to Start"... :eek: The equipment is made by an Italian company called TechnoGym...

Katey x
There are so many lines that comes to my mind to embellish your post Katey but I'll refrain to save the moderators some time. LOL

I just spent a week tearing into my rear end and my front dif on my truck. Got tons of "tranny" comments from my coworkers. If the brake shoe fits! Lol
You are amazing Karren!!! I'm a geeky engineer too and our left and right hemispheres are equally strong - makes for a colorful life.

I know what you mean Jennie - how did he know? I was wondering if I missed some eyeliner or lipstick or something in the last cleanup.

Love you girls,
Samantha.