PDA

View Full Version : What does this "pink fog" mean to you?

Saikotsu
11-05-2015, 02:47 PM
I hear a lot of talk about a "pink fog" but I'm still having a hard time understanding what it is. I know there have been posts about this in the past, but even reading the context I find that it means different things to different people. So, what does it mean to you?

pamela7
11-05-2015, 03:15 PM
the pink fog covers a spectrum of over-the-top crossdressing needs and urges taking over reason and logic, over normal life patterns.

It might be shopping, dressing out, wearing pink only for a few days, it is uncontrollable and distorts the perception that normally guides behaviour. It can be very egoic, selfish, indulgent, and fail to properly account for others' needs.

For me, really its the spring-back into femme after having had to don some manclothes.

Dana44
11-05-2015, 03:21 PM
Pamela gave you the details. But some here use it for saying that when they are fem they call it pink fog. But some of the threads you read is that pink fog has clouded my judgement and I overspent on buying lady things.

Karren H
11-05-2015, 03:33 PM
To me it was out of control, over the top, full speed ahead ride into everything feminine.... Looking back on a few of my episodes... It was a total blast! More fun than I've ever had before and may ever have again! No regrets... I'd do it again if I had the chance. But did I really need 30 wigs??? Lol

NicoleScott
11-05-2015, 03:34 PM
Yes, what Pamela said. It's the distraction, when I should be focusing on other things but am overwhelmed looking to my next dressup session. Or buying something not in the budget. Spending time that should be spent on other things.

It's the pink fog because it's about crossdressing. But it's not much different than what happens when obsessing about other things, like golf, fishing, etc. Unable to resist the urge to sneak away from work early to play golf or buying a new rod and reel you just have to have but not really.

Going to England to buy a new trench coat (London Fog).

Samantha2015
11-05-2015, 03:35 PM
It can have many meanings I guess. When I feel the need to dress or shop online or both :battingeyelashes:
is when I feel like the pink fog bank rolled in. Not necessarily a bad thing as long as I don't
spend too much money shopping.
:c9:

MissDanielle
11-05-2015, 03:44 PM
The pink fog has had me do a lot of fantasy shopping lately. Like do I really need 30 pairs of shoes?

Saikotsu
11-05-2015, 04:20 PM
I see. It almost sounds like an altered state of consciousness for some.

Jackie7
11-05-2015, 04:28 PM
Yes it is. It affects each of us in different ways, even differently at different times. for me it can be $300 in brassieres or shoes, or it can be an extended dress-up, full on and full time for several days. Or a $50 spree on seniors half-price morning at the thrift shop, then wear everything I got around the house for the next few days. All of the above are bad times for financial decisions and other man-sports but wanna talk mani-pedi -what color next - and I'm your girl.

Ally 2112
11-05-2015, 05:05 PM
I think it means spending way to much money :)

Brandy Mathews
11-05-2015, 05:41 PM
Pink fog for me is when the feeling of not being en femme and I cannot for some reason. Kind of wears at a person, same with no shopping, does the same thing to me. Not being dressed up, in makeup, in heels. I can go for a few days, then the pink fog hits me again, then look out, lol.
Hugs,
Bree :)

~Joanne~
11-05-2015, 05:50 PM
To me it has to do with shopping more than anything else. Its like having a pocket of money that could be, and probably should be, used for better purposes (yet never to sacrifice the bills) yet I am out buying almost everything I can find that fits, is on sale or is a general waste of money. For the record my fog is purple, not pink ;).

Saikotsu
11-05-2015, 06:04 PM
I see. I can understand the appeal of going out and getting an article or two of clothes when I'm feeling down, but buying more than $50 worth seems a bit excessive. I can't imagine just spending 300 dollars like its nothing...

Natasha V
11-05-2015, 06:19 PM
Pink fog to me is a time of happiness and embrasement of your feminine side. I use to be afraid of it but now I welcome it wholeheartedly.

LydiaL
11-05-2015, 06:56 PM
When the "pink fog" rolls in, I am compelled to dress ASAP and get in touch with my feminine side.

Tonya Rose
11-05-2015, 06:58 PM
I Would equate the pink fog as a cross dressers evonna! ( The highest level of satisfaction one can achieve) in other words you start to think about dressing the fog starts to roll in and the thicker the fog gets the more detailed you get untill the fog is so thick you are totally dressed to the nines!
Although Joanne has a pretty good description on it . as does natasha define it as well... And yes saikotsu it is kinda like an altered state of consiouness. where we make dis-ions based on what our femme side wants instead of what our drab side knows whats best..

CynthiaD
11-05-2015, 09:01 PM
The pink fog is a state of obsession that can only be satisfied by buying a bunch of new femme stuff. These days I spend most of my free time dressed, which seems to have cured it. When you have to budget your time among the many outfits you already own, buying a new outfit means you're going to find a place in your schedule for it. You might have to put off wearing something you really like to make room for it. This tends to tone down the pink fog quite a bit.

Robin414
11-05-2015, 10:28 PM
It's real fog, just pink! When im out with friends they get freaked out 'What the heck is that pink fog that keeps coming around man!?'

Sometimes it rolls in and I think 'oh crap, not now!! I'm in the middle of a flippin bar fight, and I'm winning! 😠 '

OK, for me it's when I look in the mirror and see a chic...not a dude...OMG girl, don't be a slob...at least put on some lipstick and a bra...and skinny jeans...and purse...and... 😃

AKKaren
11-05-2015, 11:25 PM
:battingeyelashes:Overwhelming need to be...the turning and flooding of a tidal basin, filling it with the need to express what is in my heart and soul.

Victoria Demeanor
11-05-2015, 11:55 PM
(Sip sip)….Silly girls the pink fog is a (sip sip) wonderful drink that my dear friend Bridget Ann created (sip)…It’s sweet and good (sip) and makes you feel wonderful (sip) and loose, helps me find my (sip sip) inner peace and……………OH No it’s a PINK TORNDO……bras…. and panties….. and heels…everywhere.. All flying about…. OHh.. no my favorite dress…save my dress…My house is being carried away in the fierce pink wind…. …….Dorthy……..Dorthy….
….WHAT THE HELL are you wearing Dorthy?????? That old shabby dress..!!.. really??? Girl as soon as this house lands we need to hit the shops. Oh and don’t EVEN let me get started on that makeup…grab that dumb dog, I’m making us appointments at the closes MAC counter!!!. …… ohuuuuuuu looky red rube heels!!!:)!!!!!

Krisi
11-06-2015, 07:49 AM
I don't use the term "pink fog" but as I see it used on this forum, the term is an excuse for not thinking things through or not using common sense. Like answering the door forgetting that you're wearing dangling earrings. Or leaving panties out where an unsuspecting wife finds them.

CarlaWestin
11-06-2015, 08:16 AM
Pink Fog?

It's what's filling your head when all thoughts are over shadowed by thoughts of all things fem.
Like when I think that my collection of >100 bras would look great displayed on hangers as decor in my home office.

Hmmm?

Suzie Petersen
11-06-2015, 08:20 AM
To me, Pink Fog is a description of the situations where a CD'er gets carried away to the point of loosing common sense. You do things you should not do because you just cant help it, forgetting or ignoring the known consequences.

For instance:
- Dressing up all the time when you should be working.
- Staying home to dress and let your wife take the kids to the supermarket grocery shopping. When this becomes the norm, it is not resonable.
- Take chances you know you shouldnt, like a quick walk in heels in the hotel corridor, just to try it.
- Feeling unable to think about anything else than dolling up and thereby neglecting your other responsibilities.

In short, to me it means the times when you are not thinking clearly and let your emotions take control, rather than your brain.

I do find it interesting to read the reponses to this! There are very varied interpretations of this, which basically means none of us can really use the term on its own, because it will not clearly mean one thing! Just like with the label debate, cant really use a term if the meaning is not uniquely defined and accepted by everybody.

Interesting!

- Suzie

Saikotsu
11-06-2015, 12:48 PM
I agree, Suzie, there have been quite a few interesting responses.

I wonder what causes this "pink fog?" I can't imagine ever wanting to override common sense, or spend money I shouldn't spend or time I don't have. Then again, I have wanted to come out of the closet to certain individuals who I think would be...problematic.

I wonder if I experience a similar thing when my genderfluidity comes into play? Some have described it as a growing need to dress and express as femme. My shifts aren't always accompanied by dressing though...

The shift is more internal, more geared towards identifying as X and wanting to be recognized as such. Perhaps the shift I feel is me entering a bank of fog, but it doesn't really cloud my judgement. At least from my perspective.

Good food for thought. My compliments to the chefs

Josie
11-06-2015, 01:07 PM
When the pink fog hits I feel like I'm approaching a happy dangerous place. For me the pink fog and alcohol can be disastrous. I've learned how to control and enjoy it.

Adelina
11-06-2015, 02:51 PM
Yeah, it's a wave that hits you where you want to be doing girly things all the time and you just can't stop at the time. It's brilliant when it hits, but in my case, anyway, somewhat expensive to do right.

Jenniferpl
11-06-2015, 07:16 PM
Pink fog, when inflicted with the virus, is usually deadly to my bank account.

Jane G
11-06-2015, 07:22 PM
For me, the pink fog is when I've dressed thinking I"m just having an afternoon in watching TV. Then find I simply have to go for a dive out and a walk across the moors. It'often just doing what would be. Normal fun stuff in drab. Yet dressed it becomes so much more risqué and self indulgent that the fun rams up to 11 and I'm emersed in the pink fog.

Kate Simmons
11-07-2015, 09:08 AM
It's kind of like an excuse for femming up. I don't do it because something "Made" me do it, I do it because I want to. Kind of like Flip Wilson when he was Geraldine saying "the devil made me do it". Managing the feelings to work for us takes some effort and skill.:)

Jacky Aikou
11-07-2015, 07:26 PM
Pink fog is something I first heard of here on the forum, years ago after first joining, and I instantly related. My understanding is it's a bender -- an extended preoccupation/obsession with all things femme and fabulous, often to the detriment of family and practical matters. It literally clouds our thoughts and judgement and usually rolls in fastest and thickest when we've been repressing in guy mode for a while.
My wife is the trusty lighthouse, when I get too lost. :p

sometimes_miss
11-07-2015, 09:58 PM
The pink fog is something that: 1. Makes crossdressers forget that the rest of the world doesn't think we're normal, or worse, that they think we're perverted and dangerous and should be shot on sight, and/or 2. That we forget about everything else but dressing, acting, and being what we perceive to be feminine, and ignore other things that we should be focusing on, like all the mundane routine chores and work.

Robin777
11-07-2015, 10:16 PM
Pink fog, when inflicted with the virus, is usually deadly to my bank account.

Ain't that the truth! I go shopping with my wife and she usually ends up with more new clothes than I do. Luckily she likes a deal as much as I do. We usually hit thrift stores and clearance racks at department stores. That's what pink fog is for me. Shopping!

Natasha V
11-07-2015, 11:51 PM
Tanya nice to see you girlfriend, hope you been doing great. Pink for is my calling and I try not to miss this call even if I have to take it collect. Lol

Cheryl James
11-08-2015, 09:54 AM
To me it means freedom. I am free to be me. I may not be free for a long time, though, and the next period of freedom may not come for awhile. So, I try to enjoy it to the max while I can.

Molly James
11-08-2015, 02:09 PM
To me, Pink Fog is a description of the situations where a CD'er gets carried away to the point of loosing common sense. You do things you should not do because you just cant help it, forgetting or ignoring the known consequences.

For instance:
- Dressing up all the time when you should be working.
- Staying home to dress and let your wife take the kids to the supermarket grocery shopping. When this becomes the norm, it is not resonable.
- Take chances you know you shouldnt, like a quick walk in heels in the hotel corridor, just to try it.
- Feeling unable to think about anything else than dolling up and thereby neglecting your other responsibilities.

In short, to me it means the times when you are not thinking clearly and let your emotions take control, rather than your brain.

I do find it interesting to read the reponses to this! There are very varied interpretations of this, which basically means none of us can really use the term on its own, because it will not clearly mean one thing! Just like with the label debate, cant really use a term if the meaning is not uniquely defined and accepted by everybody.

Interesting!

- Suzie

Well, I can definitely relate to this definition of the "pink fog"! As someone who maybe gets only one or two opportunities a month lasting maybe 2-3 hours at a time to dress en femme (my wife knows but it generally upsets her so we find it difficult to discuss it most of the time), there barely seems to be any time when I'm not thinking about all things CD to the extent that sleeping can be a problem as well as concentrating on life's day to day activities. Typically, I'll be browsing eBay for clothes, shoes & make-up or just observing what the GGs out there are wearing & how they put together their outfits. Last night was hard work to some extent when I went to a party with my wife - over 60 women all dressed to the nines & there's me having to wear a shirt & trousers - talk about "frock frustration"!!! There were some absolutely gorgeous dresses on view - very tempting to just go up to someone & say, "I just love your dress, where did you buy it?"! Not sure when my next CD opportunity will appear but hope it comes along soon or else I could be lost in my own personal pink Bermuda triangle!

GiGi

melissa247
11-08-2015, 07:02 PM
well it definently means different things to different people,me.I have been listening to hypnosis to get more open about my fem side..some are just junkie,but i did find a place where the hypnosis works and is taking a slight effect for certain.some people reply with..mumbo jumbo and that is nonsense..but it does effect some people..some a great deal more than others..some..not at all.it depends on the listener and the hypnosis..anyways that is my pink foggy side.

Lily Catherine
11-09-2015, 07:08 AM
Would define it as an overwhelming indulgence of sorts in all things crossdressing, to the point where no excuse can be found. Also, it's the time when I feel prettiest and considerably natural. Which, on hindsight, sometimes no longer is the case when I take a closer look at the photos. As I don't dress as often as I used to, much of my 'pink fog' has condensed to fantasy shopping. Indubitably, the clothes are the icing on the cake, but it's the icing that often colors the cake. It's blinded me before.

For the record, because I tend to like black dresses and black lingerie, my fog might as well be black.

Helen Waite
11-11-2015, 01:21 PM
The pink fog has had me do a lot of fantasy shopping lately. Like do I really need 30 pairs of shoes?

Um, YES. Silly question.

I think pink fog also encompasses lack of judgement or discretion when discussing/dealing with one's SO. I can have a full conversation in my head about how she'll accept and even be enthusiastic about whatever aspect of my dressing, but in reality it would be disastrous.

kittie60
11-11-2015, 05:49 PM
To me it's like being on the jazz.your adventurous, excited.bolder then ever. It's like my own get away from the world and escaping into shangrila. Pink fog. That's a real good name to call it

stacifox13
11-11-2015, 08:54 PM
for me it consume me from the time I wake up till the time I fall asleep its all i think about But I honestly I never felt so relaxed true bliss I know I have to get back to reality but I really enjoyed the trip and I would welcome it back.

maggiepat
11-11-2015, 11:15 PM
For me it is like a zen zone that is relatively difficult to achieve. It can't happen without a wig, hip pads, and a skirt. It often takes a few changes of clothes, and sometimes makeup. When I am there, I am THERE...total contentment and relaxation. Also lots of visits to the mirror and complete satisfaction with who I am and what I look like in the moment. It is almost like taking a pleasant drug. Some days, try as I might, it just won't happen.

Joansometimes
11-12-2015, 12:16 PM
Doing something while dressed that you wouldn't even think about dressed in drab.

Sarah Doepner
11-12-2015, 12:58 PM
Pink fog for me usually includes bits and pieces of what everyone else has mentioned already; a desire to experience femininity that supersedes most other needs, desires or obligations, a suspending of many normal inhibitions including those governing risk taking, a willingness to explore the limits of femininity that have only been hinted at before, a suspension of belief that what I'm seeing in the mirror is anything other than female or within just a few touches of attaining that goal and the lowering of other priorities relative to dressing and those extend to finance and family obligations.

The other thing I haven't seen posted so far (or I've overlooked it) is the inability to be satisfied at any previous level. When I've been submersed in the pink fog there was no end of dressing in sight and absolutely no desire to look for an end.

What triggers Pink Fog? Almost anything, but layoffs from dressing can be pretty dependable triggers. Shopping for anything can easily turn to shopping for feminine clothing, makeup, jewelry, shoes etc. etc. I can easily bring the fog on if I spend some time visualizing what I'd like to wear sometime in the near future. That thought experiment can easily send me into the closet even if there are plenty of reasons to not dress.

I've had a brace and cast on my foot for about a month now and if anyone thinks I'm not going to be fully committed to my feminine aspect when that cast comes off, they are mistaken. I'm not even trying to fool myself on that one.

Vikky
11-12-2015, 03:44 PM
Hi

I used to do some motor sport and the ‘pink fog’ there meant going 10/10ths, or maybe 11/10ths, at the limit of your ability and totally in the zone and focused.

The ‘pink fog’ with my CDing comes when I am fully dressed up and acting female, feeling female, thinking female and lose all my maleness. I am conscious of my boobs, my hair, the swish of my skirt, the feel of the underwear. It’s a great place to be.

Vikky