PDA

View Full Version : Question -- SO's and your name

susandrea
02-13-2006, 05:08 PM
For those of you who have accepting, or at least tolerant SOs, do they call you by your femme name when you are femme or always use your given name?

What if you are only partially dressed? Do they avoid calling you a name at all?

Does it get confusing?

carolanne_love
02-13-2006, 05:18 PM
Hi Susandrea.

For us (my wife and I) we have been calling each other pet names since we were married 35 years ago. She is tolerant and to a point accepting of my transsexuality and need for expressing my femininity BUT as is written many places throughout these forums, the operative is slow and steady. My wife knows my femme name she thinks it is a nice name but needs time to overcome her feelings and conflicts before she will use it.

It is only time she needs and I will give her that time, for she has given me a lot more.

Carolanne

Aoife
02-13-2006, 05:25 PM
My SO calls me Aoife when dressed although she does slip up regularly and calls me by my male name. This is ok with me even though I do prefer my femme name. We've had a few interesting moments when out because of this.
I am never partially dressed so the second part of the does not apply to me.

Sophie
02-13-2006, 05:32 PM
I'm Sophie even if I give her a certain smile! I love it when she calls me Sophie. She's even done it by mistake when out with me in boy mode!

I love her, she's great, gonna get her a big bunch of roses for valentines tomorrow!

Sophie

AprilMae
02-13-2006, 06:01 PM
I haven't appeared dressed in front of her yet, and she has made it know that me having a fem name is not too appealing to her just yet.

Penny
02-13-2006, 06:35 PM
My wife refers to my feminine name but calls me by my given name. This has raised eyebrows while in public but we are both still in love, alive and doing well.

Ellie
02-13-2006, 07:30 PM
Luckily my GF actually likes to call me Ellie when dressed. I don't look at all like her BF afterall. When I'm back in my boy clothes we'll even chat about what she and Ellie did while I was "out".

GypsyKaren
02-13-2006, 08:17 PM
My Kat usually calls me Karen no matter how I'm dressed, sometimes she goes with Gypsy.

Karen

Maria2004
02-13-2006, 09:59 PM
I love my femm name, but as far as my wife is concerned, it doesn't concern me what name she uses to refer to me when dressed at home, I told her it didn't matter to me, whatever made her feel comfortable, to emphisize the point that I was still the same person she knew, dressed or not. So at home she usally uses my givin name, sometimes femm.

When out in public together and I'm dressed she only uses my femm name. If out in public together and I'm not dressed and she sees something femm that she thinks would be nice for me she will refer to "Maria" as a seperate entity.

susandrea
02-13-2006, 10:45 PM
Thank you, ladies! :thumbsup: :)

Sarah Rabbit
02-13-2006, 11:12 PM
I'm Sophie even if I give her a certain smile! I love it when she calls me Sophie. She's even done it by mistake when out with me in boy mode!

I love her, she's great, gonna get her a big bunch of roses for valentines tomorrow!

Sophie

My S.O calls me by my pet name regardless.

We were out shopping one day and she called (at a distance) "look at these
panties" I called out "For Who?" Hmmm I got a look or two.

Hugs, Sarah

LouiseW
02-13-2006, 11:48 PM
Most of the time my SO calls me Sweetie. With one exception she has only known me in drab. The exception was when she and a girl friend of hers came over unannounced and caught me in gurly jeans and a top. I tossed off my shoes and bra before I opened the door but I don't think I needed to. She's cool with me as I am. Last Saturday she and her girl friend went to a consignment store and came home with shopping bags of clothes that they bought for $10 a bag. When they showed me their bargains, they both suggested that I go with them this coming Saturday and stock up on fem things for myself. I'm gonna do it! Back to the question...more than a few times she has called me Louise when we were in public and I was in drab.

DonnaT
02-13-2006, 11:55 PM
My wife told me recently after a trip out that she has a hard time referring to me as Donna and using fem pronouns. I told her she doesn't have to if she doesn't like it, so she'll use another pet name or two.

Melanie R
02-13-2006, 11:55 PM
My wife named me Melanie Ann - my male name is Mel. At home no matter how I am dressed and since retirement I am Melanie almost 24/7, she calls me "Honey". In public she calls me Melanie but sometimes slips and calls me Honey.

Melanie

Stephanie
02-14-2006, 08:33 AM
Neither I nor my wife use my "femme" name even when I'm "en femme." The only reason that I "adopted" a "femme" name was to preserve my anonymity while online.

Crystal Harmony
02-14-2006, 08:41 AM
My other half calls me by my real name,party because my real name is a unisex name but she does call me by crystal some times when i slips out.;)

RuthChambers
02-14-2006, 08:54 AM
My wife calls me Ruth when I'm Ruth and refers to Ruth when I'm not Ruth :)

Seems strange talking about Ruth as if she is another person, but it does make sense.

I am very fortunate.

Ruth

Christy
02-14-2006, 12:59 PM
My SO calls me by my fem name all the time and most importantly while I am dressed, she picked the name for me in the first place and is very happy to help me be the best female I can.

Christy

susandrea
02-14-2006, 01:36 PM
It's very interesting, the various responses.

An issue like this is very unique in a relationship.

Thanks for all your answers.

Julie Avery
02-14-2006, 02:04 PM
I'm "Sissy" (at least I think she says it with a capital "S" ;) ) when my S.O. refers to my crossdressing. It goes back to the first CD-related screen name I created, when I first came out to her in 2002.

Jamie M
02-14-2006, 02:31 PM
to be honest the few times that we've been together when en femme there never seems to have been the need for first names . is this a deliberate attempt at avoiding the issue ? i'm not really sure but but kelly and i do use my femme name in conversation to help distinguish what/who we are talking about , however , thinking about it , when we're together we hardly ever use first names anyway , it's nearly always pet names .

StevieStevie
02-14-2006, 02:57 PM
i address my cd by his masculine name - interesting, though, i'm going to ask him if he'd like it if i called him the other when en femme. i'll letcha know!

chris80
02-15-2006, 11:53 PM
even if i am dressed at home my wife calls me my male name, but when we are away on tranny weekends she calls me chris. she does have difficulty referring to me as 'she'

carriejoe
02-15-2006, 11:59 PM
My SO either calls me hon or calls me sweetie. She does this regardless of weather i'm dressed or not.

ChristineRenee
02-16-2006, 09:32 AM
My wife calls me by my given name. If we are out shopping together she might say to me "Would "Christine" like this...or would "Chrissie" like that? Other than that...she always calls me by my given name.

Jenny Warren
02-16-2006, 09:41 AM
My fiancee always calls me Jenny if I am in female mode, or in bed as I always wear a nightdress.

The main problem I have is with her daughters. Sometimes they call me Jenny when I'm in male mode.

Quite embarrasing when they call out across the shop in Monsoon, "Jenny, this skirt would suit you"

Jenny

Cheery GG
02-16-2006, 11:39 AM
It is an intersting topic and one which has been discussed several times, both in this section and in the other areas of the forum.

Like many, my So and i refer to Lisa when discussing her or anythign about her, almost as if shes another person, its much easier that way for some reason. When he's dressed hes just ....whatever i feel like calling him, using pet name, could be anything from pickle, honey, baby, cherub, angel.....you name it....but never his femme name....not sure why really....maybe i'll try it, might just burst into giggles though...

cheery
xx

JoAnnDallas
02-16-2006, 11:51 AM
Cheery GG.... It might be a reflex action. Remember that IS the other women in his life.

Cheery GG
02-16-2006, 11:55 AM
Joanne,

Im not sure i understand your post, can you explain.....

cheery
xx

ginafaye
02-16-2006, 12:26 PM
much of the time its just pet names but when she calls me ginafaye its a little extra trill