PDA

View Full Version : What would your parents have named you if you had been born a girl?

cdbrandi
11-07-2015, 10:56 AM
One of the things Kelly, Ashleigh and I talked about yesterday during the photo shoot was how I picked my name. I told them I picked Brandi because there were several very pretty girls I went to high school with that had that name, and so I picked that name because in my mind it is associated with pretty people, and it helps me to create the illusion of being a pretty person when I get dressed up. This conversation though let me to ponder the question in the tile, what would my parents have named me if I had been born a girl? I have sent my mom a message to asking her, and am waiting on her response.

So I now pose this question to all of you: What would your parents have named you if you had been born a girl?

Stephanie47
11-07-2015, 11:19 AM
As a really young child I heard several times from my mother that I was suppose to be a girl. My older brother was born 14 months before me, and, a girl was suppose to round out the family. I remember once crying and being comforted by my mother because I feared she did not love me because I was not the daughter she had hoped for. I don't know if that had anything to do with becoming a cross dresser. Anyway, her girl was suppose to be named Stephanie which is the Americanization of my grandmother's name. I thought for along time before enrolling on this site, whether or not to use Stephanie because she finally got her daughter 12 years later.

Karren H
11-07-2015, 11:23 AM
My mother was going to name me "Karen". She used to tell me that a lot!

cdbrandi
11-07-2015, 11:28 AM
My mom just replied and said that I would have been Lynn Adonia (a-Dawn-a), or vice-versa. I could see my self as a Lynn maybe, but not Adonia, although I am sure that if that was the name I had been given, it would have felt right. Mom said that Adonia was a derivative of her grandmother's nickname.

kittie60
11-07-2015, 12:36 PM
Mine was going to be Abigail, named after a aunt of my mother. She said it was a good old fashion name

Jennifer in CO
11-07-2015, 12:54 PM
Winona Kathlene. You'd never guess I was from the South with Irish Grandparents huh. I like Jennifer Marie that my Aunt named me much better....

AmyVanessa
11-07-2015, 01:01 PM
I never did find out what my girl name would've been.
I'm like you in that regard, I just thought Amy and Vanessa were names pretty girls had, so I just came up with that combination.

NANNETTE
11-07-2015, 01:10 PM
I think I was meant to be Barbara. My mother had two sons before me and wanted to have a girl before I was born. I find this very significant as from early childhood I wanted to be a girl although I doubt that I am a transsexual I just wished I had been born female. In my first ever crossdressing dream as young kid of about six or seven I dreamt I was a little girl called Barbara with wearing a brown skirt and a ribbon in my hair.

Kaze_
11-07-2015, 01:20 PM
This thread again?

Anyways,

Cassie!

Still love the name. <3

cdbrandi
11-07-2015, 01:23 PM
I have not been around for a while, so I have missed the last few times a thread like this has made the rounds.

Karren H
11-07-2015, 07:17 PM
I've been gone too. And over the last decade I don't remember replying to this one before. Probably altzheimers kicking in because I'm so friggin old! Lol

This thread again?

Anyways,

Cassie!

Still love the name. <3

Obviously no one is forcing you to reply to threads you didn't want to reply to.

Cassandra*
11-07-2015, 07:31 PM
I have started a similar tread a few months ago. I actually asked mom and she said Cassandra so I decide to use it.

IamWren
11-07-2015, 07:58 PM
When I was born I don't think sonograms were done routinely like they are now so my mother had male and female names picked. I don't remember if she told me if she had a middle name picked but if I remember correctly my first name would have been Cynthia. I like it. I used to date a girl named Cynthia and as a nickname she let me call her Cyd. I think I would have liked being called Cyd as well.

paulaprimo
11-07-2015, 08:00 PM
probably the same thing they have always called me... "stupid" :D

MissDanielle
11-07-2015, 08:08 PM
Danielle, haha.

Laurana
11-07-2015, 08:15 PM
Something that begins with K. My mother is the only one whose name doesn't begin with K.

Amari
11-07-2015, 09:43 PM
I would have been named Judy.
I can't use that name as it's the name of a person who was a close family friend, but turned out to not be a friend at all.
Taking that name would be a constant reminder of that hurtful period.

toniloraine
11-07-2015, 09:54 PM
My mom called me Toni Lorraine all my life.she's passed along time ago.

Robin777
11-07-2015, 10:21 PM
Probably the same name I have now which is either male or female. After being told all the years I was growing up that when I was born they were hoping for a girl. They will never know they actually got their wish.

Robin414
11-07-2015, 11:02 PM
Me too Robin777, I used to hate being called Robin "that's a girl's name...I'll fight ya!" 😠 ) Now though, I love it...just don't be callin me sir...cuz I'll fight ya 😠

😉

Robin777
11-07-2015, 11:11 PM
Me too Robin777, I used to hate being called Robin "that's a girl's name...I'll fight ya!" 😠 ) Now though, I love it...just don't be callin me sir...cuz I'll fight ya 😠

😉

The Same here with The "that's a girl's name", Plus all the Batman and Robin Jokes from the old TV show............ I still like shortening it sometimes for boy mode. But when someone calls me Robin at work,it doesn't really bother me anymore.

julia ann
11-08-2015, 12:19 AM
I asked a while back though mom knows nothing about this side of me (I think) I would have named Jillian or
Jill which is what I go by now, have been told I can't change my name on this site but I am Jill Basset on a number of other sites!

Zoe B
11-08-2015, 02:38 AM
My parents were going to call me Zoe if I was a girl. I like it so I just went with it.

Vala
11-08-2015, 07:27 AM
Wow so many of you adopt the name your parents would have given you. That's amazing. My parents would have called me Linda cause my big brother is called Paul. Un that case we would have been a little McCartney set. I did at first adopt the name when I registered here but the more u saw it the more I hated it :)

Cheryl James
11-08-2015, 09:50 AM
My mother passed away over 40 years ago. But, when I was a child she often told me that she had wanted a girl when I was born and that she would have named me Patricia. She had to have known about my inclinations as I was growing up as her clothes were the clothes that I began wearing, though it was never spoken about. She isn't here to enjoy it, but she got what she wanted after all.

Judith96a
11-08-2015, 11:53 AM
One day, many years ago, my (then very pregnant) cousin came to visit my parents. Of course, the subject of names for the baby came around and my father volunteered the information that he & mum had decided that had I been born a girl they were going to name me Judith! A few weeks later my cousin gave birth and named her daughter - you guessed it -'Judith'. Some years later, having forgotten this conversation, I also chose 'Judith' for myself.
Neither my cousin nor 'Judith jnr' know about this Judith!

Linda Stockings
11-08-2015, 12:32 PM
My mother told me she had wanted a second daughter. She already had one and two sons. She would have named me Lynn, and she did anyway, I suppose since it's a gender "neutral" name. My youngest sibling (my sister) is 6 years older than me, and I remember she talked me into wearing some of her older, smaller sized dresses, skirts, tights, and shoes that fit me. She would do my hair in curls, and paint me up in makeup. The dark red lipstick was always my favorite. I made a habit of collecting any makeup my Mom discarded. I also collected any discarded stockings, getting a few pairs that would match by saving the legs that didn't have runs. She always wore Hanes RHT Silk Reflections. Nice silky nylons! I loved them. My sister talked me into playing grown-up with her friends. I used my name Lynn. With all that I really felt like a girl, and loved it. She even bought me small garter belts, and some silky nylon panties. I wish I had known how to tuck back then. Girdles would have been great, but even an XXS was too big for me. My name was (and still is Lynn). I feel my sister's dressing me pretty left me with quite a love of cross dressing.

Beverley Sims
11-09-2015, 11:00 AM
Beverley,

I get called Bev a lot anyway.

MonikaTirola
11-09-2015, 11:30 AM
Monika as well. Also the name of the first girl I kissed and had a crush on

Danielle_cder
11-09-2015, 12:23 PM
Lydia, nothing special

Cheryl T
11-09-2015, 03:05 PM
I wish I knew...
I had always wanted to ask that question, but never had the nerve and now it's too late to ask.

Joni T
11-09-2015, 03:56 PM
Don't know, don't care. Mom and Dad are both gone so I'll never know.
Jon

Ally 2112
11-09-2015, 05:08 PM
Not really sure although she did call me Marsha once years ago when my hair got really long and i did not want to get it cut

Babbs
11-09-2015, 09:12 PM
Penelope...can you believe it, yikes!

Sarah Beth
11-10-2015, 07:15 AM
My mother was going to name me Cynthia Jo, I don't know why never asked her about that I just remember hearing a lot how I was supposed to be Cynthia Jo and I wasn't and for reason just thinking about having that name gives me chills.

Alexis
11-10-2015, 08:16 AM
I was born on Columbus Day so instead of my real name being Chris it would have been Christine. I am slightly more in favor of the name Alexis though

Tabitha_Lynn
11-10-2015, 12:00 PM
My mom says that I would have been Malissa

CynthiaD
11-10-2015, 06:00 PM
My mother would have named me "Suzzy." I've always really disliked my male name, but if there's any name I dislike even more, it's ...

Ceera
11-10-2015, 06:17 PM
My best guess would be that if I had been born a girl, I would have gotten the same first and middle names that they eventually gave to my little sister, 5 years later - Linda Lee. Or possibly Carrie, or Mabel, which were both used by female family members.

I'll never know for sure, as both my parents have passed away, so I can't ask now.

melissa247
11-10-2015, 06:30 PM
they probably would've named me .....adopted..haha..no just kidding..i dunno..i was the third child but two girls before so a boy was what they wanted..they got half of one anyways..but as for the girl name..yeah i dunno.

heatherdress
11-10-2015, 07:00 PM
Miss Take.

CD_Erica
11-10-2015, 07:19 PM
My mum would always tell me that she would have named me Erica or Jill, she wanted a girl badly. So when my younger sister was born she named her Jill.

shining-sera
11-11-2015, 01:08 AM
My mom said my name would have been Ashley.

sometimes_miss
11-11-2015, 04:36 AM
Well, dad would have named me 'anudderfriggingirl'!

Michele14
11-11-2015, 11:09 AM
I don't know I never asked them

Megan b
11-11-2015, 02:05 PM
I would have been named Samantha Lynn.

Tami Joy
12-09-2015, 04:48 AM
I have an older brother so my mom wanting me to be a girl I was going to be called Wilma wow glad I wasn't born a girl I can see it being called Wilma then hearing the flintstones remarks.

Diedre
12-09-2015, 08:30 AM
I am told they thought I was a girl during the entire pregnancy. My name was going to be Diedre.

texasm31
12-09-2015, 09:54 AM
I think I recall being told that I would have been Kim. Not Kimberly, just Kim.

ClosetED
12-09-2015, 10:03 AM
I never asked, but my sister's middle name is Ellen, so I assume that was a name they liked. I chose it for a girl I knew growing up who was pretty and popular, but also knowing it could have been a name I could have been given.
Ellen

Alisonforme
12-09-2015, 01:15 PM
I'm told my parents actually had a banner saying "Welcome Home Sandy" They were that sure I was going to be a girl. Did they talk to me like a girl in the womb? Is that why I've always had this inclination?

My answer: I don't care!

Annette_boy
12-09-2015, 04:53 PM
I was told that I would have been named Donna Lynn .Though it is a nice name I like that I got to pick my fem name I like being Annette.

Hugs Annette

Sarah Doepner
12-10-2015, 01:34 PM
I would have been named Marie. I've taken that as my middle name.

EllieMayxxx
12-10-2015, 01:37 PM
I would have been called Emma.

Samantha_Smile
12-10-2015, 02:19 PM
I would have been a Catherine.

mersades
12-10-2015, 04:46 PM
Marilyn. And that was before Marilyn Monroe.

Bima
12-10-2015, 05:44 PM
Maria!
My mum told me when I was five years old or so. Apparently, my girl name was more certain than the boy name I got.
Bima (Jeanette)

Hell on Heels
12-10-2015, 06:09 PM
Hell-o Brandi,
I'm not sure, I've never asked (or been told).
One thing is certain it would have started with
the letter J. Mom is the only person in my immediate
family who's name doesn't start with J.
Much Love,
Kristyn (AKA Julie)

Diane Smith
12-11-2015, 02:12 AM
Mom said she was planning on Melissa. She never tried to pick out a boy's name in advance, because it never occurred to her that she would have a male child. :)

- Diane