PDA

View Full Version : Hearts Pounding

Kayla_K
11-08-2015, 08:07 AM
About a week ago a client of mine asked me to ship a piece of equipment to him about 1000 miles away. As I looked into shipping it, I realized that it would be a pretty expensive endeavor. I have a little time on my hands this month, so I have decided I will drive it to him and do a little vacationing along the way. In a couple hours I am going to set off on a 5 day trip as Kayla. I am only taking one drab outfit for the short time that I will be meeting with the client. Over the last week I have researched and planned the entire trip. It has been a lot of fun to do! Today I start out with a mani/ pedi and then off I go. I have also scheduled a couple over makeovers and makeup tutorials along the way. I am really excited about this big step!

:) Wish me luck!!

Angela Marie
11-08-2015, 08:13 AM
That is awesome. Have a great time and do post details about the trip.

mikayla1964
11-08-2015, 08:23 AM
Good luck dear and drive carefully ..

JeanetteX
11-08-2015, 08:54 AM
That sounds absolutely awesome Kayla. All the best and keep us updated please!

mykell
11-08-2015, 09:01 AM
does not seem like luck is needed, enjoy yourself, sounds like you planned it out fairly well,

have fun....

CourtneyBme
11-08-2015, 09:04 AM
Have a fun and safe trip. Enjoy your time as Kayla :)

Marcelle
11-08-2015, 09:07 AM
Sounds like a fun time and great adventure . . . congrats and enjoy :)

Cheers

Marcelle

Allisa
11-08-2015, 09:33 AM
How exciting, the people and places you'll see.

Cheryl James
11-08-2015, 09:42 AM
That would be a dream come true for me. Good luck and enjoy!

CarlaWestin
11-08-2015, 09:49 AM
Sounds like the dream vacation of a lifetime to me. Enjoy and take picture.

julia ann
11-08-2015, 09:52 AM
Have a wonderful time, I am so jealous! lol

Pat
11-08-2015, 10:02 AM
What fun! Your own, personal "There and Back Again" adventure! Good luck and tell us about it afterward.

jenniferinsf
11-08-2015, 10:06 AM
that is such a great idea...i know you will enjoy it....keep us updated on how it goes

have fun

Karen RHT
11-08-2015, 10:13 AM
Fabulous idea. Enjoy.

Karen

ChristinaK
11-08-2015, 11:08 AM
You won't need luck, Kayla. I have driven across country several times now as Christina and haven't had one problem.

I get a little nervous going into the ladies room as in some states it's illegal, but whether it's a rest area, truck stop or fast food restaurant, if you dress like a normal woman, carry yourself like a normal woman and have confidence nobody will notice, and if they do, you will be so womanly they will shrug it off. I've even put on lipstick and said a few words in the ladies room. I'm 6 foot, 1 inch, by the way, with huge shoulders. Most people don't notice.

2 weeks ago I had trouble with a truck stop gas pump. The cashier assigned a young man to help me after I had to go inside to previously attempt a fix. Truck drivers everywhere. Lots of people. 2 long trips inside and back. The boy walked out with me. We chatted. He pumped the gas for me, called me ma'am. Walked back in together. He had no idea, or hid it very carefully. 5 truck drivers, all shorter than me, stood in line. The cashier said, "let her through boys, she was here first." They all politely moved, none seemed to notice me at all. The cashier apologized for my trouble and called me darlin'. I promptly scooted off to the ladies room to wait as it was occupied. More men walked past, no problems. The lady came out, walking past me without looking.

That's just one example of how comfortable you will feel as just another woman out in the world.

Enjoy your ride, honey. :-)

Babbs
11-08-2015, 11:17 AM
Sounds fantastic! Girl you go and have a blast!!:)

maryelizabeth
11-08-2015, 05:23 PM
I wish I had the confidence to do that. Maybe some day! Good luck, girl!

Tracii G
11-08-2015, 05:29 PM
Keep us posted on your adventure.

BLUE ORCHID
11-08-2015, 06:21 PM
Hi Kayla:hugs:, Good luck and be careful, Turn this thread into a daily blog and keep us posted. ...:daydreaming:...

AllieBellema
11-08-2015, 07:06 PM
Good luck with this!

Jacqueline StGermain
11-08-2015, 07:58 PM
Awesome! Be safe

Robin414
11-08-2015, 11:09 PM
Have fun Kayla, sounds like a great opportunity! Keep us posted!

Kayla_K
11-08-2015, 11:40 PM
Ok... so I am done or the night. IBecause many of you have requested it, I will try to update each day if I have time. Don't want to lose Kayla time. So I lay here in my bed with a cute baby doll on getting ready to have some beauty sleep. So the trip did not start out as planned. I had a morning commitment that ran real long. Because of this, I decided to leave without makeup and forms.. Didn't have time to do the makeup thing. Plan would be to just crank out a bunch of miles. Left wearing yoga pants, spanx shaper, aqua hoodie, running shoes, sports bra and wig. I changed my mani pedi to a mani. I did this cause I had a long day planned for tomorrow and I did not want to screw that up.

A few random thoughts from the day:

The mani was my first time painting my nails. I have to say that I love everything about it. The feel, the look, the smell and also having the technician pamper my hands

Yoga pants and the spanx are really great travel wear. I was so comfortable.

I was very subconcious about not having makeup on. It just isnt me. I did not feel like Kayla. I will probably never go out like that again.

I am really looking forward to a full day of Kayla tomorrow.

I am really glad I planned this trip!

I forgot to bring the patch cord to connect my camera to computer. I took pictures, so I will need to figure out how to keep all you girls posted. Too tired to deal with it tonight.

I will try to post again tomorrow.

Good night all.

MissDanielle
11-09-2015, 12:13 AM
Have a great trip!

Rabecca
11-09-2015, 06:23 AM
Sounds great. Planned out ready to go. Enjoy,tell us all about in when you get back.

Claire Cook
11-09-2015, 07:36 AM
Hi Kayla,

This sounds like -- I mean it will be -- a great experience. I've driven numerous times between Florida and DC en femme, and enjoyed every minute it -- well, as much as you can enjoy the boring drive on I-95 (being Claire helps! :)). I've found that minimal makeup -- just enough to hide the shadow, and not too much lipstick -- worked great. (Just like other ladies do on a trip like this.) And using the ladies' rooms at interstate rest stops has never been a problem. One of the nice things is that waitresses seems to really like talking to women are traveling by themselves.

Now we all look forward to the next installments!