PDA

View Full Version : Androgyny, or, making a virtue of necessity

Julie Avery
02-13-2006, 06:26 PM
I envy the many CD's here who look so passable. I am not passable, but I never say "never".

I've come to terms with this by taking pleasure in appearing as a feminized male - shaped nails with a base coat of clear polish, trimmed and tweezed brows somewhere between male and female, shaved legs I don't mind showing in public along with, say, women's slacks and women's sneakers which most men wouldn't "make" as woman's attire but which surely presents a look which is puzzling to them. (I think women "make" these things).

Here's what I want to toss out for discussion: I am very comfortable being seen as a very feminine man. I dread being seen as a masculine person trying to pass as a woman.

Does anyone else feel this way? Thos're my feelings, they're up for discussion if you like.

TracyDeluxe
02-13-2006, 06:39 PM
I understand completely. Humans come in a complete range of gender, the important thing is to be happy with who you are.

Although I love wearing dresses and skirts and full makeup (and living as a woman 24/7, well, almost, as you can see in the pic), I also like to be seen at times as I really am, a feminized male. Although I usually LOOK like a woman, I am not and never will be. Maybe I just need some of the dichotomy that crossdressing implies?

http://static.flickr.com/29/99417682_fb522d5857_m.jpg

In any event, I hope we are past the "bad old days" when a CD'er would NEVER wear pants, or risk getting ostracized from the community! To each his/her own, we ALL need to stick together, IMHO.

Butterfly Bill
02-13-2006, 08:12 PM
I'm comfortable being seen as a masculine man in feminine clothing. My experience has been that more people like it when you are honest.

Jasmine Ellis
02-26-2006, 02:37 PM
I try to look like a female as best as I can.

Helen MC
02-26-2006, 02:41 PM
I am also in this category, an autoerogenous Androgyne. I could not "pass" and frankly have never really wanted to go outdoors en-femme, even when in my teens I could have passed for a girl to an extent. I am happy to wear panties under my male clothing 24/7 as I have done for 40 years now and enjoy dressing as far as I wish to in privacy at home.

TracyDeluxe
02-26-2006, 02:54 PM
I try to look like a female as best as I can.

No offense, but I think this is speaking of something else, maybe becoming who most of us really are, men who love feminine things.

I mean, if it was really all right with society (kudos to Bill for being able to do it anyway) for men to dress in full feminine garb, dresses, makeup, wigs if necessary, but not fake boobs, in other words "men in dresses", would we still feel the need to present as women?

I can't even answer that question myself, because I have made physical changes to my body that dictate that I live as a woman; but I wonder if I would have had to "install" breasts if, growing up, I would have been as accepted in the locker room the same, whether wearing jeans and a t-shirt or a cute little dress?

Not sure if I am explaing myself well here, or not.

Jasmine Ellis
02-26-2006, 03:25 PM
Tracy, if I wanted to wear jeans then I would stay in male clothes hun. When I said I try to look like female, it's the way I dress, walk, wear my make up ect.......Not the way you think it may sound.
You haven't offened me at all hun. I do try to answer these Questions on these threads the best way I can, I do not know or even start saying these lovely words that you or any other girl in here can say.
If I get it wrong, then I get it wrong, but that is me dear. I think it may be best if I don't go into threads with these questions then I don't have to answer my thoughts after. Sorry

TracyDeluxe
02-26-2006, 03:40 PM
I think it may be best if I don't go into threads with these questions then I don't have to answer my thoughts after. Sorry

No, no! I didn't mean that at all, Honey. Your thoughts are as valid as anyone! Please, it's a "give and take" exhange here, you MUST continue posting with your thoughts wherever you like!! If we disagree, so what? Who is to say who is "right", and who is "wrong"? We are all individuals, and that's great!

:thumbsup:

JodieFosterTLGWLDTL
02-26-2006, 03:40 PM
I am also in this category, an autoerogenous Androgyne. I could not "pass" and frankly have never really wanted to go outdoors en-femme, even when in my teens I could have passed for a girl to an extent. I am happy to wear panties under my male clothing 24/7 as I have done for 40 years now and enjoy dressing as far as I wish to in privacy at home.

I suppose I could pass -- I've been called "Miss" enough --but frankly have no interest in doing so. I've always considered myself androgynous, a term expansive enough to cover a lot of ground, psychologically, emotionally, spiritually, and sexually. (One of my heroes is Joan Jett. The avatar I posted to the board is a promo shot from back in my rock n' roll days. :) )

Rachel Morley
02-26-2006, 04:39 PM
I am very comfortable being seen as a very feminine man.

Hi Julie - me too!

I have no problem with it because I am totally secure in my (lack of) masculinity :) When I dress like this, I feel that this is the real me. I do like to go out in daylight fully en femme too because this is also part of the "real me" but not as often as you might think.

The only time I dress in a non feminine way is when I go to work. Then I'm still wearing women's clothes but they are more uni-sex because I'm not out to my co-workers. The rest of the time I openly dress in feminine clothes that aren't particularly feminine on a woman but are feminine on a man. I look like what I am - a feminized male openly wearing women's clothes. Here's a couple of pix.

http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/7922/angeltwinsetcapris0hr.jpg

http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/4039/me3he.jpg

Kayla Smith
02-26-2006, 09:17 PM
Julie,:)

I the only thing that I wear when I am in "everyday" mode that is men's clothes would be the shirts that I wear, everything else is all women's clothes.

I have been told by a few of by sisters in my Tri-Ess chapter that the only difference between my en femme mode and my "everyday" mode is the way I style my hair and the amount of make up that I wear.( from what my avatar looks like)

I have gotten some puzzled looks from "regular" guys when I am out with my wife and daughters but looks don't any harm and I am now used to it.

:<3: Hugs:<3:

AnnaMaria
02-27-2006, 07:39 AM
For me androgyne what makes living as a cd easier. I have been wearing panties for about 3 yrs now full time and my wife has told me before that I am not allowed to buy panties for a while because I have more than she does. Which is true and I don't have a problem with her telling me to stop for a while.

Recently though I have started to buy and weear womens pants that appear more uni-sex than feminine and this has allowed me to more easily express my individuality without drawing too much attention to myself. We live in a small backward town that would never accept me if they knew about me so I make choices that give me what I want without giving the town a reason to reject me. I also wear perfume and body spray and occasionally I wear winter tights with my dress pants rather than socks simply because they are more comfortable and they keepme warm.

I know that there are those of us who would never consider wearing girls pants because they don't feel like the pants are fem enough and that is fine with me. Everyone is different and they have that right. But for me it is a compromise that I have made to allow me to go out in public dressed without undue attention and it works for me and gives me some measure of satisfaction. Though I would much rather wear a skirt and heels when ever I felt the urge I also know that with the work that I do even if I was allowed to do that I would be limited as to when I could wear a skirt simply because a skirt would limit the amount of work that I would be able to preform and still remain decent. And I do find womens pants to be quit comfortable to wear and much easier to work in and still look professional.

anna

JoAnnDallas
02-27-2006, 02:26 PM
Last summer, while i was looking for a job here in Dallas, TX, I had the chance of dressing all the way up durning the day and otherwise, I would wear ladies slacks, T-shirt, and running shoes. I even went as far as to wear lepstick that was flesh colored. I too have long nails with clear polish and shaved legs. Under all this I was wearing panties and a bra. I only had a couple of people look at me puzzled and I would just look at them like "What". They would quickly go on their way. If you looked close enough at the slacks I was wearing, you would have noticed that they did not have back pockects. LOL. Going out this way really builds your conference, as it shows that most people will not notice you if you blend in. This gave enough to start going out totally enfem. even if I was clocked, most are too polite to say anything. LOL

JoAnn