PDA

View Full Version : My Adventure in Eureka--First time out

lorisdream
11-09-2015, 05:06 AM
For the first time in my life, I stepped out all dressed up this weekend in Eureka Springs Ark. I was very shy in the beginning, until my wife told me to keep my head up and stop looking down ;-) From then on, all was well. We hit all the shops downtown, ate a very nice lunch, then went to the Underground Eureka club both nights. I think I saw maybe 2 people that gave me a second look. I asked our server in the bar which bathroom should I be using. She told me to use any one I want. The first time I did go to the ladies room, but the next time I went into the men's room. The funny thing was while I was in there, no other guys came. There was a line of about 4 guys waiting for me to exit. This is one of those multiple stall bathrooms with no locked doors. Apparently they were not sure so just waited for me to leave. Overall we had a great time and will be back.

Hugs,

Lori

kittie60
11-09-2015, 06:38 AM
Great job! Kudos to you and your wfe. :hugs:

Claire Cook
11-09-2015, 06:46 AM
Hi Lori,

Glad it went so well, and indeed kudos to your wife. The guys outside the men's room showed uncommon courtesy ... nice that they respected a lady's rights. And do keep your head up, and remember to smile!

Teressa
11-09-2015, 07:00 AM
So happy for you. More fun times ahead.

Peach13
11-09-2015, 07:04 AM
Congrats! Sounds like you had a great time and you're lucky to have such an understanding wife. I will say though we should always be using the men's room, we are men after all even when presenting as female. Peach

Beverley Sims
11-09-2015, 10:56 AM
Lori,
Early outings are always memorable, especially having your wife's support and company.

Bridgette T
11-09-2015, 04:03 PM
Eureka is an awesome place. I I have been out there multiple times (and only there, other than to the therapist a handful of times), and I have tried to make it a point to be there for Diversity Weekends. I had my kiddos this weekend, so I did not make it. I have always been treated wonderfully, both by locals and the tourists. It is definitely a good place to go and let your girl side out.

Jacqueline StGermain
11-09-2015, 06:33 PM
Wow, memories of one of my first times out in the general public.
My SO and I went to a P.F. Changs ( lunch hour rush, totally crowded) , she told me the exact same thing! Stop looking down!
The waiter was great, I'm sure I was fooling no one, but He was courteous and referred to me in the femme mode.
I had her order for me, she slipped up and said ".....he'll have...." I could have died.

heatherdress
11-12-2015, 03:01 AM
I am happy you had a good time.

BLUE ORCHID
11-12-2015, 07:54 AM
Hi Lori:hugs: , Now that you are out there , They'll be no holding you back anymore. ...:daydreaming:...

Heidi Stevens
11-12-2015, 08:25 AM
What a wonderful place for your first time out, Lori! For those who don't know, Eureka Springs is an Island of liberal thinking in a sea of Redneckery and backwards thinking. Your outing showed me that Lori is a part of you that has to express herself, even in a very conservative area of the country. Was it one of the "special" weekends, where folks were in town for a reason? I have to get up to Eureka again soon. Maybe the next time an LGBT weekend is held.

lorisdream
11-13-2015, 04:37 AM
Yes Heidi, it was their LGBT Diversity Weekend. I believe the next one is in April. We are already talking about going back.

Bridgette T
11-13-2015, 05:35 PM
Yep. The next diversity weekend is the first weekend in April.