PDA

View Full Version : How many wigs do you have?

Penny
02-13-2006, 06:55 PM
I recently went hunting a particular wig because I thought it would go good with a particular outfit. It realized just how many I had as desided to count
them, over 50 in all styles, colors and lengths. Some I bought on line and some I purchased in the store. Is this average. below average or too excessive? I style them too. Even so, I have another wig and hairpiece do to arrive any day.

DanaJ
02-13-2006, 06:58 PM
I have about 25 give or take 5 or 10....

Wendy me
02-13-2006, 07:02 PM
poor me no wig/s at all just my own hair....

DanaJ
02-13-2006, 07:07 PM
I'd trade you every wig I have Wendy for a full head of hair like you have :)

Wendy me
02-13-2006, 07:10 PM
wendy thinks for a second................well i think i will keep my hair.....

BeckyAnderson
02-13-2006, 07:11 PM

Oh you poor girl! :bs:

Geez, I only have 9. I guess I better get shopping! :bs:

Lilith Moon
02-13-2006, 07:13 PM
Just three and none as good as the great head of hair I used to have :(

TracyDeluxe
02-13-2006, 07:15 PM

Lucky you, girl! I, on the other hand, am "folically challenged", and so wearing wigs is a daily requirement. :(

I probably have around 30-40, in various styles and colors, although I usually settle on one style and color for everyday wear, and then buy 2 or 3 exactly the same. With the result that 95% of the wigs I have will never again, probably, see the light of day.

While I have had human hair wigs (and they were great, although expensive), I have now, for the time being, settled on synthetic. Specifically the one you see in my avatar-short, silver, and very easy to care for. The best part of a short wig (and I mean really short) is that the wind can blow 90 mph, and it still looks OK, can't say that for longer wigs. Plus, so many GG's have short hair these days, it helps me blend in.

Katrina
02-13-2006, 07:16 PM
Not only don't I have Wendy's great hair, I only have 2 wigs. :( I guess I should get shopping...

angelinamillar
02-13-2006, 07:21 PM
I only have the one wig, which 2 be honest is my very 1st wig and I was very pleased with how Angelina became Angelina :) But I must say when I can afford it I will be getting myself a real hair wig as I am hooked.

Hugs,

Angelina :p

xx

Reana
02-13-2006, 07:29 PM
Haven't taken a count because I'm not sure I want to know.
Probably about 20. Very few favorites though. :)

tifftg
02-13-2006, 07:49 PM
I have about 12 or 13, but love to shop for wigs, try them on and change my look for my moods and the ever changing style. Like many I others, I now hate Wendy in a way I never did before. :bs: Oh to have that beautiful hair.

Tiff

Aunt Peg
02-13-2006, 07:52 PM
None. I would love to grow my hair long. Someday I hope to stop caring what everyone else thinks and just let my hair grow.

Tedi
02-13-2006, 08:57 PM
I've got 3... And I hate 2 or them.

Anyone want to buy a couple wigs cheap?

Mona
02-13-2006, 10:26 PM
I have 6 but only like 2, just bought another one and haven't seen it yet.

Tina Dixon
02-13-2006, 10:31 PM
Just one, and it's in my picture, and it just came home two weeks ago, love it.

uknowhoo
02-13-2006, 10:34 PM
just one. :o

sounds kinda sad.

i got it almost a yr ago, it worx 4 me.

perhaps i'll get another at some point,

but i'm good for now

T

Francine
02-13-2006, 10:36 PM
I have three...
All medium long length which I like.
One black one which I may never wear again
One 'cheaper' wig which is in my profile pic.
One I more recently bought through wigs.com and I really like. Photos have been posted elsewhere.
I like the Dark red/auburn wigs. It seems to bring out my brown eyes better.;)

Francine

Staci
02-13-2006, 10:42 PM
I have 2 wigs. One is darker hair and shorter. The other is a darker blonde color and is just down over the shoulders. It looks more like my real hair.

Karinna
02-14-2006, 09:21 PM
Sorry i don't have any now. Wish i had.
Too shy to go in stores and afraid of questions about credit card bill.
I just imagine i have brown long hair like my daughter. I'm quite convinced i really have them until i pass in front of a mirror. :cry:

renee k
02-15-2006, 08:30 AM
I have a couple dozen that I have accumulated over the years and five that I wear regularly. Lost count of how many I've had since I started dressing. It seems like one goes though phases of style, length, and color, etc; and before you know it you have any these boxes stacked up on the self. And yes, I do plan to buy a few more as they do wear out.

Huggs, Renee

Crystal Harmony
02-15-2006, 08:34 AM
Ive got 3,well i only wear two of them,my first one isnt the best:D

Amanduhrob
02-15-2006, 10:07 AM
I have 5 now, and three more that I'm the top bidder on eBay.

Julia Cross
02-15-2006, 10:30 AM
I hate the hassle of wigs so I grew my hair out. it's shoulder length now and looks quite feminine if I want.

Penny, where do you keep 50 styled wigs anyhow?

Julia

Lindahexi
02-15-2006, 10:42 AM
I recently went hunting a particular wig because I thought it would go good with a particular outfit. It realized just how many I had as desided to count
them, over 50 in all styles, colors and lengths. Some I bought on line and some I purchased in the store. Is this average. below average or too excessive? I style them too. Even so, I have another wig and hairpiece do to arrive any day.

Penny to answer your question: I think you are way above average, but I'm so envious, I only have two. I'd love to have lot's more though, but they are expensive. I'd love to go to a Cd friendly salon, and be able to try all the different styles, then I'd be sure I'd get the style and colour that really suits me.

barbie lanai
03-15-2006, 08:18 AM
I had to go count, only six. Traded #7 off for a cute outfit. I keep mine on stands inside a cabinet of the headboard on the bed set. Three per shelf. Where do you keep fifty of them?

Same question for some of the other girls with gazillions of wigs. Where do you store so many? Heck, I don't even think I have 50 pair of earrings.

I was getting tempted to buy a gray one with my hair getting gray. But decided to dye my hair to match my favorite wig instead.

TGMarla
03-15-2006, 08:26 AM
I have two. One you see all the time, the other you've never seen. It's blonde, and rather long. Pretty nice, but I went away from the blonde thing before I joined here.

EricaCD
03-15-2006, 01:13 PM
Four wigs and I am not terribly happy with any of them. Time for another shopping trip :)

For years I took godawful care of my wigs - just crammed them into boxes, and then got them out and gave a quick brush when I wanted to dress. They really don't respond very well to that, do they? So I scrapped a couple of the really old ones - which looked like dead animals at the time. Now I am much more careful. They are on stands in my storage locker and enjoy a fairly pampered lifestyle (for hair products, anyway).

Gail Stauffer
03-15-2006, 01:33 PM
have 3 and am waiting on my fourth to come in the mail!!

Bonnie D
03-15-2006, 02:05 PM
I have about 5. One I wore quite often until I got the one I'm wearing in my avatar. Now that's only one I wear, sometimes down and sometimes in pigtails.

Bonnie