PDA

View Full Version : My first hair styling by a lady stylist at a ladies styling shop

pamela7
11-09-2015, 10:32 AM
I have been growing my hair out for 6-7 months, at times really wanting to shave it all back to a no.3., but keeping with it. Finally I plucked up the courage to book an appointment, and today was that day to go.

Last night, I had a breakthrough that helped; I asked a female friend to kick out my ego, and some magic happened, my head lightened and I felt a cooling feeling allover the top of my head for hours. I felt like a woman, like I am one, and went to bed happy.
So, to the day, today, I dressed in jeggings, knee-length boots, pink t and a purple fleece and faced my destiny. I arrived at opening time, and was welcomed in, the first client, and was introduced to Andrea, the stylist - who has done my SO for 10 years, my mum for years and my daughter too, so we had already a connection tho’ i’d never met her before.

I didn’t know what I wanted, thought perhaps pixie but? She said i need to grow it longer, another 2-3 inches, and let the top layers grow out and then we can do something. So we have a plan to get to a style where i can easily switch male-female modes. She massaged my head (ego) and I had a wash and then a trim and blow-styling; the look in the mirror blew me away, I just had the biggest grin, I loved it.

We had a great chat; she reminded me of an old friend from 30-40 years ago who was a natural hairdresser, and it turned out her favourite film is “Don’t Mess with the Zohan” - I just love it too, and from 7 she’d been cutting hair - brothers, dogs, dolls all suffered, we had a lovely chat.

In the UK we only tip if we’re really happy with the service; I tipped. I walked back up the High Street feeling like a million dollars, grinning madly to myself - probably other pedestrians thought I’m the village idiot, but who cares? I have this golden glow inside me, happier than Larry I am!

I popped into mum’s, she liked my hair too, and so does my SO - wins all round!

PS - I still feel that glow and I feel feminine.

xxx Pamela

Nikki Elle
11-09-2015, 10:41 AM
Such a wonderful feeling, congratulations on your experience. Are you going to share a photo of the new style?

-Nikki

Dana44
11-09-2015, 10:43 AM
Pamela, That is great! Yeah, I grew mine for over a year and went to a stylist. She asked what I wanted and I said a trim, I'm growing it long. She washed and combed my hair down and trimmed the ends up almost two inches as I had some dead hair there. It was so much better and you could see the straight cut. I am going this month to get it done gain. About every two months will do. My hair is pretty long now.

IamWren
11-09-2015, 10:49 AM
Such a wonderful feeling, congratulations on your experience. Are you going to share a photo of the new style?

-Nikki

Nice story Pamela but as the old saying goes.... pics or it didn't happen!!! :)

Kidding of course. So nice to hear accepting stories like this. I live a little vicariously through them so keep them coming.

Muah!
Sayyidah 'Sue'

pamela7
11-09-2015, 10:59 AM
i'll be making myself up on Friday to go out to a gurls night out, so piccies will have to await the outing trip. Time to refresh the nails and all.

Erica Marie
11-09-2015, 06:10 PM
I know the feeling completely. I have been see a female hairstylist for close to two years now. She is AMAZING!!! Once a month I go for color and a trim. Good luck, dont be afraid to ask questions and for advice.

TerriM
11-09-2015, 06:25 PM
I have been going to my hairdresser for about 6 yes. She owns the shop. Prior to her doing my hair another stylist did my hair. She moved. I get my hair cut in way that I can wear in both genders. I love going there. The ladies there are so nice and like me as a male and a female.

jenniferinsf
11-09-2015, 06:31 PM
GOOD JOB PAMELA

it sure it was a wonderful feeling, dressed, in the chair, get the treatment then out

BLUE ORCHID
11-09-2015, 06:40 PM
Hi Pam:hugs:, That sounds wonderful, My Barber has a small room in the rear of a large Beauty Parlor
I just wonder how much fun it would be to have long hair and have the full hour of the attention of one of the stylists. ...:daydreaming:...

Edit 09:12, Hi Pam, Maybe this is just what you needed to keep you from falling back in the closet.:hugs:

ChristinaK
11-10-2015, 07:10 AM
Congratulations Pamela. I too have grown my hair out and went to a beauty school about 2 months ago. It was so feminine getting my nails done followed by a hair styling en femme. I was treated like any woman and it just adds another dimension to being feminine to keep the wig off and walk around with natural hair.

Seems like I get fewer strange looks too, but that may be my imagination. Good for you.

Cheryl James
11-10-2015, 09:50 AM
How liberating to be able to ditch the wig and go out in your own hair. I am envious, but happy for you.

Beverley Sims
11-10-2015, 09:58 AM
I went into a salon as a man last year and came out a woman.

My hair was long and I was on four months touring around the countryside.

It was the the week after Thanksgiving and it was a liberating feeling to be sure.

bridget thronton
11-10-2015, 10:20 AM
It is a very pleasant experience indeed

Giselle(Oshawa)
11-10-2015, 10:26 AM
well done pamela i too have a hairdresser that gives me a cut that works for both Giselle and some guy i know
enjoy your night out this week sis

pamela7
11-10-2015, 10:34 AM
thanks gurls, @Cheryl: "ditch the wig" - i like it!