PDA

View Full Version : About going out to the movies

Julie 29
11-09-2015, 10:47 PM
I was wondering I'll be going to the movies later this month. Looking to see the James Bond movie Spectre. What should I wear? Pants and sweater or would I be able to wear a dress. Also afterwards I'll be going out to dinner with a friend of mine.

Dana44
11-09-2015, 10:57 PM
I always went in a skirt. However jeans would be good with boots or heels.

Robin414
11-09-2015, 11:08 PM
I'd try to 'blend' with whoever your going with, I imagine you're going with your SO, if so if she's wearing jeans and boots go with that. If you're going solo though might be tough for Spectre but I'd try jeans, boots, t-shirt and short fitted leather jacket? Awe heck, you can't go wrong with jeans 'n boots...ever 😀

MissDanielle
11-09-2015, 11:23 PM
You can never go wrong with jeans.

Julie 29
11-10-2015, 12:03 AM
I'll be going with a friend of mine who's also Transgender to the movie and dinner afterwards.

marti
11-10-2015, 12:45 AM
I went to the movies the other night and wore jeans and a sweater, as did most of the women.

Hell on Heels
11-10-2015, 12:48 AM
Hell-o Julie,
Wear whatever your comfortable in!
Jeans are fine (Sorry Karen) pair them with a nice sweater, how comfy is that!
In fact that was my exact outfit last time out! (Minus the boots)
I need to have those heels on!

As seldom as many of us get a chance to go out, don't short yourself from wearing something
that you've really been wanting to wear.
Talk with your friend, try to get an idea of what she plans to wear, and coordinate your outfits.

Have fun, and enjoy your night out!
Much Love,
Kristyn

DanaR
11-10-2015, 01:54 AM
If you are over dressed, you will be noticed. I always try to blend.

Vickie_CDTV
11-10-2015, 02:04 AM
If you really want to wear a dress, no reason you can't. If it isn't too dressy you shouldn't draw too much attention (maybe wear a jacket with it, or wear a skirt and top.) You would pass better in pants... but if you really want to wear the dress and you present a classy image people will probably not bother you.

AngelaYVR
11-10-2015, 02:15 AM
I've been many times and I always wear skirts and dresses. Everybody freaks about blending yet women never stop admiring another well dressed woman. Dress however the mood takes you.

eire emma
11-10-2015, 03:59 AM
Hi Julie. Emma went to the movies dressed fully about a month ago. Here in Cork. I wore a black polo top with black leather jacket and mini skirt. Brown ankle boots and brown handbag. I went to see a documentary called The Queen of Ireland. It's about the Drag Queen Panti Bliss/Rory O Neill and her/his life and about the campaign for marriage equality in Ireland. Everyone should check it out if they can on YouTube or wherever,very moving and interesting. Anyway, no problem with counter staff at all. While I was queing,a guy late teens was staring and saying something to his friends, he was smiling though! I think he was in shock and from what I could lip read I think he called me a drag queen... Which is grand! after seeing the movie it would make me proud to be associated with them. Go in your Dress,why not? And enjoy it and your dinner after. BTW..Spectre is brill! I saw it about a fortnight ago. Daniel Craig....swoon! Not crossdressing related but his clothes in the film are so well fitted and look fabulous! I'm probably biased though... ;-)

Krisi
11-10-2015, 08:29 AM
First, I would coordinate with your friend. You don't want to show up in a formal gown and your friend is wearing jeans and a tee shirt. Second, consider where you are going to dinner. Dress for that. The lights will be on.

deebra
11-10-2015, 08:35 AM
If you don't pass wear jeans and boots, I was quite disappointed in the movie, it jumped around a lot and no good looking women.

Beverley Sims
11-10-2015, 08:55 AM
For James Blond?

Trousers, nice top, Long boots and a riding crop. :-)

Yes, Endeavour to co-ordinate with your friend.

Robin414
11-11-2015, 12:06 AM
If you don't pass wear jeans and boots, I was quite disappointed in the movie, it jumped around a lot and no good looking women.

A little off topic but I agree, what happened to the gadgets and the insanely hot bond gurls...like Caroline Cossey 😀