PDA

View Full Version : Is it wrong to misuse match making sites?

Arcanine
11-10-2015, 04:27 AM
Recently I got full get up with makeup, wig, etc and was feeling very self conscious and unsure how pretty or convincing I was. I have no idea how to apply make up, hairstyles, etc.

So I posted a profile using the pic in my avatar on okcupid just to see if it's just in my head. Turns out there were quite a lot of men actually interested in me and while this did make me feel good about myself, it felt wrong and deceitful considering I'm neither a woman or remotely attracted to men.

The only message I replied to was telling a seedy guy looking for sex to get lost. So I haven't actually been leading any one on but was curious what your guys opinion if I should remove the profile altogether.

pamela7
11-10-2015, 04:39 AM
You answered your own question very clearly Arcanine!

Welcome to our community, anyway, we have a broad and accepting range of folk here.

xxx Pamela

Shelly Preston
11-10-2015, 04:52 AM
Firstly I assume you posted as a female on the dating site.

I can understand the need for some way of getting an opinion of how you look.

Sadly pictures don't always tell the full story.

I do think it is wrong to deceive the people who are looking for a relationship.

Arcanine
11-10-2015, 05:30 AM
thanks for the replies, I've removed it. I wasn't really thinking when I did it or if it would effect anyone negatively.

Kate Simmons
11-10-2015, 05:34 AM
Just be careful Some people can become pretty angry if they find they have been deceived.

NicoleScott
11-10-2015, 07:29 AM
Of course, all the men who responded were totally honest about themselves, right? Anonimity has an upside and a downside. It's the nature of the beast.

ChristinaK
11-10-2015, 07:43 AM
I'm afraid we are looked at negatively enough. To pose as a gg looking for a heterosexual male is not going to help us as a community if you're discovered.

Initially, I thought it was a clever idea as it hurts no one. But, if some lonely guy is really attracted by you, you will be in his hopes and thoughts and maybe even fantasies. Not fair to him.

Lastly, pictures don't even come close to real world in determining how we actually present.

Thanks for the post, honey.

Krisi
11-10-2015, 08:04 AM
Yes, it is wrong. People are looking for serious relationships and you are playing games with them.

Pat
11-10-2015, 11:25 AM
As an alternative, there are plenty of sites where people are *not* looking for serious relationships and you can identify your profile as TV/CD and you'll get just as many guys chatting you up. I don't think it's necessarily wrong to just be curious about what reaction you can stir up, but to the extent you can you should be truthful about it. There are plenty of CDs out on the sites just looking to flirt.

sometimes_miss
11-10-2015, 02:20 PM
Why not? Most dating sites have fake profiles up to encourage people to join when they first start, and lots of them the require paid membership to respond have plenty of shill accounts to send out come-on messages to get guys to pay to join, then when you reply no one responds or they tell you they never wrote to you or some other excuse. The only decent one was plenty of fish. And that was because it was free.