PDA

View Full Version : How do you relax at the end of the day ?

Bobbi46
11-11-2015, 07:14 AM
For me if it is day especially where I have to, because of conventions, that I had to be in drab, the best for me is after a shower and self pampering to dress completely en femme. Then with a nice glass of wine is to listen to country music. I came to love country music way back in the late 60's and have stayed to like it ever since, Blue grass, Appalachian, Cajun but mainly straight country the likes Of Emmilou harris and others. All these just unwind me from a busy day.
For a time I also helped to run and organise an international Folk Music festival in England.

kittie60
11-11-2015, 08:30 AM
Well that depends on the time I get home. Usually a hot shower or a relaxing bubble bath with a good drink. Then I usually put my nighty and house coat on,have a lite supper watch TV or go on the internet,then off to bed with some music on.

Scarlett Viktoria
11-11-2015, 09:17 AM
Beer. (wow this forum doesn't allow 5 character responses so here you go.)

Rhonda Darling
11-11-2015, 10:19 AM
When we get home from work I like to make my wife a drink while she feeds the dogs, them make myself a drink (beer, wine, mixed -- matters not which) and head to the bedroom to get into a comfortable mode of dress. Often that includes removing my top layer of guy clothes, then my bra if I wore one that day (leaving small forms still attached), the putting on a layer of comfy femme clothes -- often jeans or capris, a tank (maybe one with a built in bra), and maybe a warm top if it's a cool evening. I add light makeup, minimal jewelry, and a wig. Usually the change takes about 15 minutes. THEN, I can start to relax, listen to the news, and begin to cook dinner. At that point, I feel very female and content with myself.

Rhonda

Krisi
11-11-2015, 10:19 AM
A nice long soak in the tub, reading a book or magazine. Not dressed, naked, obviously.

Since I am retired, I am able to dress early in the day, pretty much any time I want to if I don't have something else to do.

Karren H
11-11-2015, 10:45 AM
If I really want to relax.... I go play ice hockey! Dressing for me isn't relaxing, It's exhausting. Lol

Amanda M
11-11-2015, 12:06 PM
Come on, Bobbi! Where is the festival? I share your musical tastes, and play the stuff myself - 12 string guitar, six string guitar and mandolin. Maybe some day, Catriona and I will get there.

docrobbysherry
11-11-2015, 12:27 PM
I agree with Karren! I only dress all the way or don't bother. And, that requires remembering all the accessories and details! Not relaxing or enjoyable until I see the finished product in my mirror!:daydreaming:

A glass of red wine and going online is what I do when I get home.

Funny, Bobbi. I was exposed to Country Music heavily in the 60's, too. When I was in Ariz. in the Service. And, to this day, that kind off key caterwalling and rap r the only types of music I dislike!:doh:

RADER
11-11-2015, 01:15 PM
Since I am retired, I am for the most part dressed all day; or at least under dressed.
Some times when I come home from doing errands, I like to shed my drab clothes,
and put on a simple house dress.
It just seems to relax me faster.
Rader

Jane G
11-11-2015, 02:31 PM
Depends on the weather. I've always been an out door type. My favorite way to relax is to drive to beach after work Surf for a few hours then drive home. If there's no surf then I love to walk on the Moors. Dressed or Drab I love walking.

For these wet winter evening. It's tapping away on my computer. Magic Seaweed to plan the next surf trip. My favorite car Forum, for hours at a stretch, just chatting about stuff and popping on here once in a while to catch up and say hello. Pretty boring stuff realy. But the surf is building nicely for Friday evening. :D

Dana44
11-11-2015, 02:37 PM
Well I'm semi retired. If I'm male I relax with my baby in silk shorts or something similar. If I'm female I usually dress but in a nightie and we both relax playing a game or something. On Friday nights we relax with wine, cheese, crackers, summer sausage, grapes or whatever and we are both in nighties sharing a beautiful romantic evening. I am a country music listener and here in Texas, its the seat of Texas country and they play the oldies during lunchtime. Wonderful!

Lacy PJs
11-11-2015, 05:26 PM
There are times when hitting the shower then donning some baby doll PJs and grabbing something to read in the bedroom is really relaxing. Other times... it's just "not there..."

Lacy PJs

MissDanielle
11-11-2015, 06:07 PM
When I am finally free to be me next summer (and not have to hide who I really am), it will be relaxing in my PJs while watching TV or reading a book. I have my eye on some cute sets that I really hope are still in season next summer though I may buy them soon and then hide them in a drawer so my folks won't find them.

thatperson1551
11-11-2015, 07:00 PM
I put on a loose shirt, shorts or yoga pants and play video games 0.0 lol

MsMissy
11-13-2015, 12:11 AM
Something to snack on, shed the work clothes and hop into something warm & cozy. For the Friday nights - 2oz of premium Tequila in OJ

Saikotsu
11-13-2015, 05:24 PM
Sit down and watch some anime or play some video games. Either by myself or with my girlfriend, and often with my friends. I also play D&D once a week with my co-workers on Wednesday nights. Why yes, I am a nerd.

Donna Holm
11-13-2015, 08:46 PM
I love a long bubble bath a nice glass of wine in one of my nightgowns. If I'm not too tired a good book or the internet.

sometimes_miss
11-14-2015, 10:31 AM
Beer. (wow this forum doesn't allow 5 character responses so here you go.)

No problem at all. Just have two beers. That's ten, so it passes the character counter test.

Ally 2112
11-14-2015, 11:31 AM
What ever i am in the mood for :)

Brandy Mathews
11-14-2015, 11:47 AM
I enjoy a warm bubble bath and a glass of wine or two, so relaxing.
Hugs,
Bree :)

Acastina
11-15-2015, 05:11 PM
I'm always in girl mode at home unless we are expecting company. I only own a couple of pairs of male knickers (mostly for medical-office visits) and wear crop tops almost all the time, but I live in jeans (shorts in summer) and polo shirts when out in boy mode. Home at last means immediately out of the boy disguise and into MY clothes. Shower, usually wash and style my hair (curling iron and clips-5 minutes), bra and knickers, layers as needed, earrings, makeup (3 minutes), more rings and necklace per my whims du jour. Stockings and skirt if I feel a bit flossy, but usually girl jeans or lounge pants. Flats.

Gin and tonic (repeat as needed), popcorn, TV (progressive politics and comedy for the most part), late dinner (we both love to cook), wine. We often comment about how much we enjoy our quiet evenings in our comfy cave with the 16-lb tabby who lets us share his space because we're the ones who know how to open the little cans...

Danielle_cder
11-15-2015, 05:17 PM
Breast forms in my bra and a cold beer ��

Raychel
11-15-2015, 06:18 PM
Usually pretty well worn out after a days work, I come home, eat dinner if there is anything around,
then shower, nightgown, sleep forms with appropriate undergarments then cruise the forum for a while. an hour of television
then sleep and do it all over again.

Bobbi46
11-15-2015, 07:06 PM
Oh you lucky girls able to relax in a bath, I have got a large corner bath but even then its not long enough so a long soak is not an option either my lower legs get cold or its my top half! usually a shower for me then a glass a wine of wine or maybe a small whisky watch the TV then bed.

BLUE ORCHID
11-15-2015, 09:11 PM
Hi Bobbi, I can't wait to get home and kick off those old work boots and slip into a nice comfortable pair of 4" hi-heels.

Just kidding been retired almost 7yrs now.

Bobbi46
11-16-2015, 08:46 AM
Hi Blue Orchid. I get just how you feel this morning I was in my barn stacking 5 cubic metres of logs for the winter which I have just finished and now I am going to have a nice hot shower, change into something pretty and go shopping, after that a nice glass of wine maybe.