PDA

View Full Version : How many lipsticks in your purse?

Claire Cook
11-11-2015, 04:34 PM
Hi all,

After responding to the thread about Cherry lip balm and buying Blistex I put it in my purse ... only to find it one of a bunch of lippy things. So I counted -- 11 lipsticks and the Blistex! (I can't resist buying a new color). I keep all of my lipsticks there (it's a BIG purse...)

So I wondered .. what do other girls* do? .. and went to the web and found this:

1-5 products (66%, 3,036 Votes)
6-10 products (21%, 978 Votes)
More than 15 products (7%, 345 Votes)
11-15 products (5%, 230 Votes)
Other - I'll tell you in the comments! (0%, 19 Votes)

[* Presumably GG's but who knows?? :heehee:]

OK, to paraphrase Samuel L. Jackson ... "What's in your purse?" [At least in terms of lipsticks...]

shining-sera
11-11-2015, 04:44 PM
I currently have 5 Maybelline Color Sensational Vivids Lip Color Lipsticks (Vivid Rose, On Fire Red, Neon Red, Shocking Coral, and Pink Pop). I tend to like the more vibrant colors for my hair and lips. Also Watermelon Splash ChapStick Lip Balm.

reb.femme
11-11-2015, 04:50 PM
I'm definitely in the 1 - 5 bracket and purely for personal use. I suspect if you carry more than five, then you must be dealing in the stuff. Isn't dealing against the law? :heehee:

Oh the eternal shame of being caught with a baggy of lipsticks.

Becky

Dana44
11-11-2015, 05:00 PM
I always have lipstick with me even in male mode LOL, My phone wallet has lipstick beside the phone all of the time. My purse has a couple in it.

Claire Cook
11-11-2015, 05:09 PM
I'm definitely in the 1 - 5 bracket and purely for personal use. I suspect if you carry more than five, then you must be dealing in the stuff. Isn't dealing against the law? :heehee:

Oh the eternal shame of being caught with a baggy of lipsticks.

Becky

ewww .. you caught me! Guilty as charged. I got to thinking about this. I have no idea how old some of these lipsticks are, (I mean I just keep them as long as there is something left in the tube) -- but I do know that some of those colors aren't made any more. Which just says that I haven't worn them enough!!

Anyway, I hope folks have fun with this thread.

Laurana
11-11-2015, 05:10 PM
Just the one that matches the rest of the makeup I have on.

Adriana Moretti
11-11-2015, 05:11 PM
great question....in my purse I only carry 1.....the one I am wearing that night....along with a lip liner and powder for touch ups. How many are in my Makeup Kit? Like 5 or 6...once I found the colors and brands that worked well with my skin tone and style I pretty much stuck with them . Right now I am crazy about the Nars Lip Pencils they have a great texture, the color Cruella seems to be my personal go to ...but im dying to try a nude shade from them

Jacqueline StGermain
11-11-2015, 05:20 PM
Never more than 2 plus a liquid lip gloss and a lip liner pencil

AllieSF
11-11-2015, 05:58 PM
I generally have a maximum of 3, a go to matte color that I sometimes use as a base color for the second one an outer color that fits with the outfit I am wearing, and usually one left over from the last time out. Sometimes that left over color becomes colors when I forget to put them all back in the drawer.

Eryn
11-11-2015, 06:18 PM
Let's see, one dark shade of lipstick, two pigmented lip glosses with wands, one sparkly lip gloss with wand, and one tube of pure lip gloss. Oh, and one pot of lip balm for guy mode.

Kate Simmons
11-11-2015, 06:52 PM
Usually two. Mostly because I freshen up a lot when dancing at the club and drinking. :battingeyelashes::)

kittie60
11-11-2015, 07:41 PM
Usually 2 an a lip liner and gloss if I do a three tone lip color.

Babbs
11-11-2015, 09:21 PM
Two, a darker and lighter red depending on my mood

Tracii G
11-11-2015, 09:52 PM
The one that matches my outfit and a gloss to add shine when needed.

Robin414
11-11-2015, 10:34 PM
I'm in the 6 - 10 category but I have two or three favorites!

Sometimes Steffi
11-11-2015, 11:06 PM
I usually use a smallish shoulder bag. In my shoulder bag, I usually have only about 3 colors.

In my makeup box, probably several dozen. Sometimes I find a deal on a "lot" on eBay. And sometimes CVS has them on sale for 6 bucks with a 4 dollar "extra bucks" coupon, for a net of 2 bucks. They limit you to six, so six is what I get.

Ceera
11-12-2015, 08:35 AM
In my purse? Just one - the shade of lipstick I am wearing. Also a lipstick brush with a cover, and a perfume atomizer with the perfume I am wearing, and a small mirror compact so I can check to be sure my lipstick and other makeup isn't smudged. Sometimes, if I am carrying one of my larger purses, I also have a small compact with pressed powder, to touch up my foundation.

In my makeup kit? Not sure. A dozen or so? Probably more. Ranging from a subtle nude shade to a deep burgundy red to a bright fire engine red.

Krisi
11-12-2015, 09:58 AM
Just one. I only own two and my favorite is almost gone. I need to hit the store soon.

bridget thronton
11-12-2015, 12:05 PM
Four in my purse most days - too many in my bathroom

carhill2mn
11-12-2015, 12:55 PM
In my purse I have the one that I am wearing that day and a lip liner. At home, that is a totally different situation!

Sarah Doepner
11-12-2015, 01:04 PM
It usually depends on how long it's been since I've changed purses. When I stock a new purse I usually have one or two with a gloss and pencil for touch ups. After I've been out and using the purse for a while I've found as many as 6 or 8 lipstick tubes rattling around in different pockets and the makeup bag.

In my makeup storage area I may have 15 or 20 different shades available.

Beverley Sims
11-12-2015, 02:20 PM
Only two or three, too big a decision on what to wear otherwise. :-)

CynthiaD
11-12-2015, 05:04 PM
In my purse I usually carry 3. Pink (my favorite), red and nude. Elsewhere I've got 30 or 40 of them.

5150 Girl
11-13-2015, 01:46 PM
I have an accumulation because when I do my lips in the morning, I put the color of the day in my purse for post lunch touch ups. Then I forget to take them out at night when I get home, and then they just collect there! Just guessing, but, I think I have 4-6 Avon lipsticks and 2 Avon Sparkle glosses at the minute... (As a representative I like to keep it fresh as possible at all times! ;) ) I also have a dedicated pressed powder Avon Smooth Minerals compact in there! I need to do a LS clean out, and return to the makeup caddy!

Eryn
11-13-2015, 02:42 PM
Ah, the lipstick-eating purse!

Mimi had one that was even worse. She noted that her favorite lipsticks were disappearing one by one. This was a mystery, and I certainly wasn't pilfering them. We searched and searched, but couldn't find them. Just by accident, I felt around in one of her purses and felt suspicious objects in the bottom. Turns out that there was a small hole in the lining of the pocket where she habitually kept her lipstick and every once in a while a lipstick would slip through and secrete itself behind the lining. We found a half-dozen lipsticks there!

Allison2006
11-13-2015, 07:22 PM
I don't have any lipstick in my purse, I've never used one in public. But I have a makeup case and have 3 lipsticks in that.

Jillian Faith
11-14-2015, 10:02 AM
At home I have too many to count. In my purse typically 1 lipstick, 1 lip liner and a gloss that I select and change out before leaving the house that goes with my makeup and outfit for the day or night.

Brandy Mathews
11-14-2015, 11:39 AM
I usually just carry the color of lipstick that I am wearing that day and my tasty lip gloss to make my lipstick shine. I am definitely a lipstick girl. My makeup case is full of different colors and brands.
Hugs,
Bree :)

Jaylyn
11-14-2015, 11:43 AM
I have at least six colors in mine most are all shades of a dark red. One very pale the I always apply first as it makes the dark red come off easier.

Cheryl T
11-17-2015, 02:05 PM
Only 1 at a time...just the color I'm wearing at the moment. No need to carry more as I wouldn't use them anyway.

Allison_CD
11-17-2015, 04:56 PM
One. Bright red. Not too keen and leaves marks on my man.

Laurenlovecd
11-18-2015, 02:18 AM
I have different colors for different outfits and hairstyles. Probably about 7 colors in all. Lipstick is really my favorite part of playing with makeup.

Claire Cook
11-18-2015, 06:08 AM
Thank you all for the comments. I really need to cut down on the number of lipsticks that I carry. (But somehow it just feels right to have to rummage through all that stuff in my purse!) Most of them are loose, but I keep the one or two shades that I will be wearing in a handy pocket.

Which brings me to another point. We've had threads about purses before but really, they are SO great! No more stuffing things in pockets (I should carry mine more!), they are a great female touch and doncha love it when it swings when we walk?

Candice June Lee
11-18-2015, 06:20 AM
I have a color for the night and a gloss as far as lipstick goes. I think there is 2-3 colors of nail polish. Hair clips, my wallet, and gosh knows what has wound up in my purse. I think I best clean it out this evening.
Yes i love having a purse, my pants dont fall off from the junk in the pockets. Yay!!!!